04-24-16 First Coast Comic Con - Jacksonville, FL - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
kylez0rz

04-24-16 First Coast Comic Con

First Coast Comic Con (formerly, Northeast Florida Comic Con) will be held at the Ramada Inn on Hartley Road, Sunday April 24th from 10am to 4pm.

I'm waiting to hear back from FCCC about badges and setup time. If not, we'll work out getting you in as it's only $5. They're providing us with a 6" table. We'll have all other equipment necessary. Just bring your positive attitude and whatever caffeine you need.

Volunteers:

Tyler Lindsey-Delise

David Morales

Dean LoVerde

Cameron

• Please let your fans, friends and network know that although there is no cosplay/costume contest, those individuals who show up in costume will be given free admission to the event.
  • ALL active duty military and retired veterans plus family with valid ID cards will gain access to the show for free. We salute our brave Armed Forces!

Edited by kylez0rz
added Cameron 04/22/16 8:46am

Since I will be set up in the Artist Alley with my SoS booth, I am baking some Hylian Shield cookies again to donate to the bake sale. If you aren't doing the bake sale, they'll just be extra fun goodies to entice people over to the table. I'm planning on getting more cookie cutters eventually, but for now Zelda stoof does the job of being geeky game related for just the right touch. ^_~ See everyone there! 

hylian cookie.jpg

@PhuzzeeDean, we don't currently have shirts. The hospital is holding off having them made until we have a sufficient amount of sponsors to put on the back. We can order you a shirt with just our guild logo, however, if you want that.

@sillinessofsewing see you there!

@Cameron added.

I'll be there to set up around 9am. Please get there some time between 9 and 10!

Okay, so those M&Ms I brought up in my Zelda cookie jar in place of the cookies I didn't make were not plain M&Ms. I forgot to mention they were Dark Chocolate, not Milk Chocolate. I just ate a few and remembered. haha I can't remember who is was at the time, but whoever volunteered last yesterday had mentioned them being the best M&Ms he's ever had. So that's likely why they tasted different. I agree that they are the best M&Ms evar~ 

Also! How'd the turn out for new recruits go? I feel like it was so busy all day. 

Thanks to Tyler, David, Dean, and Cameron for covering our table at FCCC. Are there any things you think we could improve on? Was there some bit of information you weren't sure about at the time? What worked? What didn't?

• Like 1