Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:New Gameplay Trailer for The Technomancer Details the Fight for Survival on Mars

pu65b9eea6e1cc6bb9f0cd2a47751a186f-14478

The upcoming RPG from Spiders and Focus Home Interactive that features terrifying space monsters and humans who can manipulate electricity at will seems to be shaping up to be a really interesting project. The latest trailer gives a rundown of the setting, basic story concepts, and gameplay features. 

After some tantalizing glimpses of the world and some intriguing words about the lore, the devs begin to detail the combat mechanics, enemies, factions, and choices available to characters in most situations. Each combat stance has its own in-depth skill tree to level, along with the skill tree for the player's electrical technomancer powers. Several new enemy creatures make their debut in this trailer, too, and they have intriguing designs. As players progress, they will have to make choices that affect hoe different factions respond to them. In turn, this also affects how companions react to the player and aligning with certain factions can result in companions leaving entirely. We catch glimpses of the cast of potential companion character near the end for the first time.

At one point, the developers mention that they estimate that The Technomancer will take most players up to 40 hours to complete all the various quests and storylines. 

The Technomancer releases June 21 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

View full article

• Like 1

oooo pretty!

I do love some a hackin and a slashin. 

It feels lot a like Kingdom of Amalur, which for me is not a bad thing. 

3 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

oooo pretty!

I do love some a hackin and a slashin. 

It feels lot a like Kingdom of Amalur, which for me is not a bad thing. 

I'm hoping for a more refined version of Mars: War Logs. There was tons of potential in that game that was held back by a lack of budget. This looks like it has more money and manpower behind it, so hopefully they can iron out the glitches that plagued War Logs and up the production values (I can at least vouch for the production values - the live demos I have seen look nice). 

I actually think the combat is better than Kingdoms of Amalur. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Gardner said:

I'm hoping for a more refined version of Mars: War Logs. There was tons of potential in that game that was held back by a lack of budget. This looks like it has more money and manpower behind it, so hopefully they can iron out the glitches that plagued War Logs and up the production values (I can at least vouch for the production values - the live demos I have seen look nice). 

I actually think the combat is better than Kingdoms of Amalur. :) 

Ah! Mars: War Logs fell off my radar. Adding it to the pile. 

4 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

Ah! Mars: War Logs fell off my radar. Adding it to the pile. 

You should know that it is a mess of a game. They basically attempted to make Mass Effect without the budget, so there are tons of glitches and... weird things. But I loved the setting and it was actually kind of neat, despite its failings. At like $5 or less it is definitely something to check out a little.