Guild Logo - Knoxville, TN - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
andyharness

Guild Logo

Hey guys! I know we've been discussing the logo a little bit and there seems to be a general consensus on what should be on it, so I went ahead and did a super-quick mockup (so please excuse the crudity). 

So hopefully we can start from here and polish this into something amazing. I was almost thinking of adding some pine trees around the bottom ala Jurassic Park's logo to give it a more Appalachian vibe but didn't want to over-do it just yet.

guildtest.jpg

Thank you!

If there is a general consensus or if the Big 3 approve, then I'll lock this down and knock out a high res version ASAP.

I dig the one with the trees man. Great job. My only question is why is the sunsphere part transparent? Is that just for effect or artistic purposes? Just stood out to me that I can see the top of the mountain in the bottom of the sphere. Maybe I'm just being picky. I really like the overall design though. Personally I'm good with some version of this. Thanks for mocking that up so quickly.

-Alex

It's mostly for artistic purposes because to make it work any other way would be lowering the mountains (and still dealing with the different colored tower holding the sphere, or making it a third color (which I haven't seen any other guild do.

There is somewhat of a precedent for this style being used for Guild Logos and not just in the world of minimalist graphic design.

VO4jij6v.png

Here is a my crude attempt at pixel art. I didn't really have time to try to make it fit in and invert the colors. And the mountains should be relatively easy to do if the pixel dimensions stay similar.

*Note I am not an artist...*

Logo Stuff Blown Up.png

Logo Stuff.png