Podcast:The Best Games Period - Episode 21 - Fallout 3 (ft. Elizabeth DeLoria) - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Podcast:The Best Games Period - Episode 21 - Fallout 3 (ft. Elizabeth DeLoria)

image1-bestgamesperiod970.jpg.efdbb9e67d

This week voice actress, cosplayer, and Australian wrestling commissioner, Elizabeth DeLoria, joins us to take a hard look at Fallout 3. Released on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, Fallout 3 was hailed as an incredible milestone for the video game industry. It was one of the most expansive and lovingly rendered open-worlds of the time. Despite a myriad of glitches, Bethesda's 2008 open-world RPG managed to establish an iconic look and feel that many have used as a benchmark for RPGs in the years since. Does the Capital Wasteland's world, story, and soundtrack hold up eight years later?

Each week we will be tackling a video game, old or new, that at least one of us believes deserves to stand as one of the greatest games of all time. We'll dive into its history, development, and gameplay, while trying to argue for or against the game of the week. Sometimes we will be in harmonious agreement, other times we might be fighting a bitter battle to the very end. However each episode shakes out, we hope that everyone who listens will find the show entertaining and informative.

You can download or listen to the podcast over on Soundcloud, our hosting site, and iTunes. A YouTube version is (sometimes) available as well, so you can watch what we are talking about while we talk about it! You can also follow the show on Twitter: @BestGamesPeriod

You can find the talented Elizabeth DeLoria on Twitter as well: @elizabethdanger

Outro music: Fallout 3 'The Fallout of Eli' by Brynner Agassi and Mazedude (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02077)

New episodes of The Best Games Period will be released every Monday

View full article

• Like 1

After I purchased, played and sold Fallout 4 (without finishing it, or really even getting close) I do have Fallout 3 from the the pre-order bonus on my Xbox One. I haven't played it since I put over 300 hours into it and all of the DLC, completing all achievements and scrubbing nearly every corner of the Wastes with my virtual feet. 

I am not sure why Fallout 4 didn't grab me the same way Fallout 3 did (I also did not get into Fallout New Vegas either). But I know I love dat game. 

• Like 1

There really isn't much of a reason why we save the bottle caps, but in our hearts the Apocalypse fund is completely legitimate.

• Like 1