SickKids gamers @ EGLX - Toronto - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
SickKids_Tara

SickKids gamers @ EGLX

Hey Guild!!

We're getting very excited for EGLX April 29th - May 1st and hope you are too. Be sure to come out to our booth in the family zone (exact location to come). We have some exciting things planned (a video crew coming in one day, our Heart Block, info cards to hand out, etc.) We're also hoping for some volunteers to help out, and more info on that will come this week! 

Please share with us here if you will be at EGLX and what you're looking forward to most!! 

For the Kids!

Tara

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 7.55.52 PM.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PsycheDiver said:

Will our guild be needed for staffing?

That would be awesome!! I think EGLX would be a great time for you guys to make your big debut and start promoting EL! I've already heard from a few Guild Members who are able to spend time at the booth over the course of the weekend and we have SickKids t-shirts you guys can wear

• Like 1

Hi Tara!

Sweeet! Sounds exciting!

I am for sure available to help out on Saturday and Sunday, but if you need me for Friday I would need to know by 4PM today to book off work. If I don't hear from you today, totally cool no worries! I'm still for sure good for Sat & Sun :)

I know details are still being set but just let me know when you can! 

Best,

Maria

• Like 1

I believe my SO @KidSkid is one of those people who wanted to help out at the booth <3  Glad you'll be at EGLX, it should be a good turnout!  

It's too bad they're running it at the same time as 3 other gamedev events in Toronto Friday-Saturday (scheduling, am I right?) but I'm still hoping to make it out on Sunday if I can!

Good luck with everything, hope it goes well and to see you all there :) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TeriLK said:

I believe my SO @KidSkid is one of those people who wanted to help out at the booth <3  Glad you'll be at EGLX, it should be a good turnout!  

It's too bad they're running it at the same time as 3 other gamedev events in Toronto Friday-Saturday (scheduling, am I right?) but I'm still hoping to make it out on Sunday if I can!

Good luck with everything, hope it goes well and to see you all there :) 

Does it really clash with so many other events? That's annoying especially considering EGLX was supposed to be back in November!

On 4/15/2016 at 6:12 PM, flameboyNE said:

Does it really clash with so many other events? That's annoying especially considering EGLX was supposed to be back in November!

Yes unfortunately :( They scheduled it at the same time as Digifest, which has used this weekend in past years  I believe.  There's also George Brown College Year End show for the school of design and another networking event they're hosting (that's free) Eat Play Mingle, the latter 2 are mostly gamedev networking and they invited local devs to exhibit, as well.  If I wasn't I would have been there Friday for sure!  

• Like 1

I should also ask if we get passes if we're doing EL work or is pass acquisition up to us individually.

Should be there all weekend and be free to help out, I'll be sure to respond to the email from the Guild officers and provide my availability for Friday and parts of Sunday. There is a chance I'll be in Cosplay on Saturday so I'll be sure to drop in and say hi then also.

Looking forward to meeting others from the Guild. :lol:

I hope to see a bunch of you there! 

Hoping to help out on the Friday. (Might bake some goodies for such to snack on? Any allergies?) 

Hey guys!

I'm free to help out at the booth Friday evening, Saturday evening, and all day Sunday. Would love to get out there.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Volunteer spots are almost full!  Other than the people I've already spoken too...these are the spots that we still need to fill:

Saturday 1-3pm

Sunday 1-3pm and 4-8pm

Reminder that if you volunteer for a spot, you can play for the remainder of the day :) 

Please email me at  extralifeto@gmail.com  if you're interested.

Thanks!

First day is going well! Check out Jess promoting Extra Life at the booth :) remember to stop by and say hi if you're at EGLX this weekend and thank you so much to everyone volunteering their time to cover the Toronto Extra Life Guild/SickKids booth this weekend! 

13124528_10206100246979567_1275280593498036155_n.jpg

• Like 6

Well, after being there Friday, I could finally bend my knees again Sunday morning.  Great time, slowed to a crawl for a while around 1830.  How'd everyone else's shifts go?

• Like 1

It was pretty steady for the Sunday morning shift and I second that about bending the knees or in my case my feet since I had already been at the Con all weekend. Made sure to pop by the booth on those days and say hi to the staff working, was good to meet everyone this weekend.

• Like 3

Friday was tons of fun. I'm glad I got to meet a few of you! 

Make sure you email any thoughts, issues, suggestions that you learned from this event. Always wanting to push to make the next one that much better. 

I'm glad to hear the rest of the weekend was as enjoyable. Hopefully others didn't get sucked into the super cute tees across the way like I did ;) haha 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2016 at 3:01 PM, FoxRacingGurl said:

Friday was tons of fun. I'm glad I got to meet a few of you! 

Make sure you email any thoughts, issues, suggestions that you learned from this event. Always wanting to push to make the next one that much better. 

I'm glad to hear the rest of the weekend was as enjoyable. Hopefully others didn't get sucked into the super cute tees across the way like I did ;) haha 

Haha I held out till Sunday....and then bought one....when really I wanted four.

• Like 2

I was there Sunday too, was fun :)  I think the event is a good start, needs a bit more organization in some of the streams but overall would love to see it keep happening.  Though hopefully next year in Toronto :P  Had a lot of fun great meeting some of you there.  

Also it was super difficult to resist those tees, they were so cute <3 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2016 at 3:18 PM, flameboyNE said:

Haha I held out till Sunday....and then bought one....when really I wanted four.

I knew someone else would cave! 

TeriLK you are lucky.. I walked away with three of them. 

• Like 2