Free Comicbook Day!! (Saturday May 7th) - Jacksonville, FL - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
kylez0rz

Free Comicbook Day!! (Saturday May 7th)

Willowbranch Library (Superhero Hive, Riverside)

Kyle Schmisek

Herchelle Llanes

Jaye Thompson

The library is providing us with tables. We'll be set up in the game room with FLGS!

Gotham City Limits (Southside)

Keia Koenen POC

Alexander Salas

Edbot5000 IN THE HOUSE

GAAM/Extra Life table provided!

Mythical Mountain (Mandarin)

Amanda Marron POC

Ariana Lacanlale (tentative)

Table provided.

Rogue Gallery (Orange Park)

AnnaMarie POC

Heather Holman

Table provided.

Potentially hundreds of nerds to recruit from.

Each table needs

Tablecloths

Marketing Kit forms

Flyers

Raffle tickets?

Banner/sign

I talked to Kathy at MM, she was invited to go to Bartram Trail Library on this day as well. I let her know we had a team for the store, Yes. I'd have to check about the library. She wanted to know if we had another team that would want to go to that location and hand out free comic books. Tables will be provided. Also, Kyle did you want to edit who is the POC at which event (flipping around myself and Mandis at TTD and/or FCBD) ? I forget what location Mandie had a preference to be at now lol. I'm good for either location. 

Besides the uncertainty with Borderlands, none of the POCs have changed.

Kathy emailed us about that. I'm working on trying to figure out logistics because Laura can't make it on FCBD. It would just end up being Ariana and I at Mythical Mountain. On top of that, USAA deemed the Mini a total loss (which isn't a surprise), but my rental has to go back before close of business on next Weds (the 4th). So I'm looking to be car-less for FCBD. 

I just don't want us to spread too thin. We shouldn't worry about going to Borderlands on FCBD, since Keia and Alex will be at Gotham. That side of the city, to me, is covered by them being just down the street. 

In all actuality, FCBD is really about Comic Stores rather than libraries. I participated in it when I was still in Sicily and have taken Ariana and/or Virginia every year. In the end, my vision for this day was for us to be represented at a few different comic stores around town on their busiest day of the year. Stretching to 4 locations is going to put us on a skeleton crew, but to 5, to include Bartram Trail, could break us unless we can guarantee that we have, at least, one well-trained volunteer at each location. Meaning someone who knows the pitch, isn't afraid to talk to people, and we can depend on. 

I don't know why I mentioned Borderlands. That would have been ITTD, not FCDB.

I signed up to help at the Rogue Gallery in OP during the kick-off meeting, but I haven't heard anything. Is that normal? I don't know time/script, etc. :)

• Like 1

I can go where needed but Rogue Gallery is too far south for me. I have to leave by 3pm because of prior commitments and will have my two little girls with me if that is fine.

The shop opens at noon. We need to be there ready to go at that time (rogue) I'll get with Dustin about specifically how early we can arrive. 

On 4/29/2016 at 5:52 PM, IneptSage said:

I signed up to help at the Rogue Gallery in OP during the kick-off meeting, but I haven't heard anything. Is that normal? I don't know time/script, etc. :)

Hey Heather,

That was a miss on my part. I sent Kyle all the info from the sign up sheets, literally, the day after my accident and I just missed your name. You're added to the list up top.

Also, we try to keep all communication about what's going on for different events right here on the forums. So you came to the right place. 

For the volunteers coming to rogue, we need to be there as early as Dustin Brunell will allow for setup (11:30am at the latest) to be ready to go when the doors open at noon. Usually people line up for these events. Clean up doesn't take too long, so for us, our day will be 11am-5pm at most.  
So far I know of:

Cameron
Eileen
Anthony
Heather (I need your contact info to tag you on facebook if you use it) 

Any other takers? Cosplay encouraged 

I will head toward Gotham City Limits unless needed elsewhere. My time will be limited today but will support as long as I possibly can.