Extra Life Guild Meeting 4/13/2016 - London - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
busted1der

Extra Life Guild Meeting 4/13/2016

Trevor Brimson

Biggest goal of the evening would be to talk about the different groups that we would like to split into:

• Recruitment
  • Booth Presence
  • Corporate Outreach
  • Fundraising
  • Party Planning Committee

Action: Jacob to post on Facebook about choosing 1st choice, 2nd choice and any objections with groups

Discussion around Events to attend in 2016:

• Forest City Comic Con/Project Play is on the same day as Game Day this year
    • Jon proposed that we set up an area for Game Day at Forest City Comic Con and Project Play
    • Action: Jon to talk to Jamieson from Project Play about the Game Day collaboration and report back at the next meeting.
  • London Comic Con is taking place on September 23-25, 2016 this year - we will seek cost and evaluate
  • Sunfest had a very high cost, Guild will pass on Sunfest
  • Free Comic Book Day, Jason talked to Neo Tokyo (First Saturday of May)
    • Action: Jon and Angela will talk to Heroes and LA Mood
  • EB Games - we can engage now with Store Managers
    • Action: SOMEONE to build a list of game releases and decide a plan of attack for the EB Games - will save for the next meeting
    • Action: Jason to get a list of major releases
    • Catherine suggested that 60% of people buying games at EB Games are females with children. Think about the approach.
  • Fanshawe
    • Action: Talk to Lisa about Fanshawe Engagement
  • Western
    • Action: Talk to Nick about the Western Engagement
    • Action: Jason Chan will search his e-mail for a connection at the Western Gaming Club
  • CTV Space
    • Trevor still has the contact for Bell Media to talk about the space this year
  • Other Ideas:
    • Home Show? Farmer's Markets? Trevor suggested that we replicate the approach of other guilds of setting up a living room.
    • Forest City Beer Fest August 13th
  • Dance Marathon locking down the Western Lounge
  • Board Game Day at London Libraries, or just posters for the Library
  • 30 Hour Famine?
  • Digital Extremes? Big Blue Bubble? Good Life Fitness?
    • Action: Trevor B. to reach out to Patrick @ Big Blue Bubble about joining the Guild and speaking to Good Life Fitness
  • 3M Canada?
    • Action: Jacob to speak 3M
  • Rogers TV and Jumbo Video
    • Action: Trevor B. to reach out to Rogers TV
    • Action: Trevor H. to reach out to Jumbo Video

Other:

• Jacob to post the link to community hub

Hey, I dropped by EB Victoria last Friday and apparently they don't really have a good list for major releases, we'll just have to pay attention to gaming sites and see what's retailing ourselves unfortunately.

Sent out a message to Western's gaming club but haven't received any responses, but they're in the middle of exam season so it's possible they're busy. I could try contacting some of the other clubs I was a member of as well though I'm not sure what kind of response I'll get.