C-C-C-C-C-CHANGES! New Guild Leadership! - Austin, TX - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
MrArcys

C-C-C-C-C-CHANGES! New Guild Leadership!

Howdy Guildies!

March and April have been rather weird months for our Guild. Kip Holmes, our hospital rep, retired in early March without a replacement on hand to take over the reigns. That left us without a way to pay for booths and put us in limbo for much of March and part of April. So things kinda stalled out.

A NEW PLAYER HAS JOINED THE PARTY!

12923306_10104014081650158_6052067235374

What luck! A new CMNH Representative has appeared and taken control of our little Guild! Her name is Virginia Tamplen! Virginia comes to us via the Medical Center Health System in Odessa, Texas! Mother to three adopted boys, Virginia is excited to come on board and has many ideas to help us grow in our mission to recruit new players for Dell Children's!

It's taken everything I have to not make the obvious Train reference.

WHAT'S THIS?! MORE CHANGES?!?!

Why yes brave soul! More changes! Per the Guild Handbook rules, Virginia has selected a new leadership team for the 2016-2017 term.

I will remain as President to help Virginia as she comes on board with the Extra Life program.

11698600_10153337529616405_4970631677966

Valarie Malcomb has accepted the position of Guild Vice President! Valarie joined the Guild last year and brings to bear event organization experience to benefit the kids at Dell Children's!

12645224_10206365414108361_7791958248970

Christina Hinson has accepted the position of Guild Secretary! Christina joined us after RT SideQuest's Extra Life Game Day event at Gamerz Galaxy! She's a Guardian Team Leader at RTX and looks forward to helping kids right here in Austin!

wYssG72.jpg

Grady Bailey has accepted the Leader position on the new Guild Entertainment Committee! Grady comes to us as the current Charity Director of RT SideQuest! He's charged with making sure the Guild has fun!

Welcome to the team everybody! We're excited about what's in store for 2016!

Urgent Volunteer need

We have finally confirmed a table for HavenCon on April 22-24th! We need volunteers to staff the booth all three days. If you can help out, please head on over to the Upcoming Recruitment Events thread and click on the Master Volunteer Schedule and place your name in a schedule slot!

UPDATE: We signed up about 70 new players! A lot of people from all around Texas!

April Guild Meeting!

Because of all the weirdness I mentioned at the top of the post, the April Guild Meeting didn't go off as scheduled. I'm tentatively rescheduling for Saturday, April 30th at 11AM at the Dave & Buster's near the Arboretum. We'll have some lunch, talk about and then play some games! Since this is so close to May, we'll probably just make May's Guild meeting a special fun day for everyone!

Got anything new for us? Have you heard of any new events around town! Sound off below and the new Leadership team will get right on it!

See y'all at the next Guild meeting!

<3 Dan

Also, our new guild punctuation is the exclamation mark! Seriously, welcome back as president & thanks to everyone else for stepping up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrArcys said:

Grady Bailey has accepted the Leader position on the new Guild Entertainment Committee! Grady comes to us as the current Charity Director of RT SideQuest! He's charged with making sure the Guild has fun!

This is no longer a vacation guild. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats to the new leaders! This'll be a good year, too. Ooples is joining as the third major tabletop store for Game Day (their game space is huuuuge). Between them and Wonko's, numbers are going to climb!

• Like 1

Question for everybody: April 30th vs May 14th Guild Meeting? What works for everyone?

6 minutes ago, MrArcys said:

Question for everybody: April 30th vs May 14th Guild Meeting? What works for everyone?

I won't be able to do the 30th, so I vote the 14th.

10 hours ago, MrArcys said:

I'm out of town the weekend of the 14th, so the 30th works better for me.