Ben.Trently

Extra Life Stream Overlays

Hello everyone!

If you don't know who I am yet, I am the Secretary and Social Media Lead for the Baltimore Guild, as well as an avid streamer. This thread is for people who have an expertise in creating overlays, or have overlays they'd like to share to the Extra Life community (Me and a few other people are collaborating to create a generic overlay for Extra Life for people to use) but all the help we could get is appreciated. I will be posting updates on here with how things are going, and hope to have a few overlays posted here in the next coming weeks. So stay tuned!

I play and stream DOTA 2 a lot. DOTA has a huge community for user created stuff like Heads up Displays that fit perfectly over the game. I've seen tons of DOTA streamers with custom overlays they make themselves instead of using the in-game HUDs. I'd love to get a stream overlay for DOTA 2 so it seamlessly goes right over the game. I can help with Photoshop and the like but I'd like to see something with a very finished look. I'll come up with a template. If someone can take it and make it all purdyed up that'd be great!

Shoot me a PM with what you are looking for, if it deals with anything for MOBA's i have overlays already set up. or can help you create your own Via Skype or anything like that :D If interested just shoot me a PM

My team and I would also be very interested in an overlay for streaming. DOTA2 in particular will be played a fair bit on Extra-Life day so if it fit with the HUD that'd be awesome.

My team and I would also be very interested in an overlay for streaming. DOTA2 in particular will be played a fair bit on Extra-Life day so if it fit with the HUD that'd be awesome.

Just shoot me a pm :D

Just a heads up to the people who want DOTA 2 HUD's/Overlays. It will be somewhat harder to customize those, since well...DOTA 2 HUD's kind of take up the whole bottom of the screen, there is little customization that could go on. Re-skins/color can happen, and maybe adding a team name (Charity Name) on their but that seems pretty much it.

The San Antonio Guild has a generic overlay with our Facebook and Twitter info, along with logos. I have the PNG file, and I can probably get the actual Photoshop file if anyone is interested in a generic overlay that can work with any game. If so, PM me.

Also check out our stream every Tuesday at 8:30 CST: www.twitch.tv/extralifesatx

My stream is: www.twitch.tv/fmradiotx

The San Antonio Guild has a generic overlay with our Facebook and Twitter info, along with logos. I have the PNG file, and I can probably get the actual Photoshop file if anyone is interested in a generic overlay that can work with any game. If so, PM me.

Also check out our stream every Tuesday at 8:30 CST: www.twitch.tv/extralifesatx

My stream is: www.twitch.tv/fmradiotx

Shoot me the File if you could please :D Would appreciate it.

I might try my hand at something like this at some point soon. My PS skills aren't great though...not to mention the fact that I don't have PS :P

e0c7c3ce5b6151a0aebedca7b289c2cf-d6pleks.png

You could make it Extra Life by having the wings in the center (Like they have the challenger border) and play around with stuff like that. also make it the Extra Life Blue

Looks like I've got myself a weekend project!

Hopefully links will work. For Dota2 overlays/HUDs (To even change in game HUD) use this site. Download the HUD Resources and inside the folder comes with everything you need to do to create your own, as well as instructions in PDF format of how to do it. Hope this can help you guys out. For everyone looking for DOTA2 HUDs.

http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements#hudskin

Oh man I wasn't even planning on going that far. I was just going to make a JPeg overlay for XSplit!

Here's a fun community challenge.

What about a nice generic overlay for Extra Life that those who stream a variety if games can use throughout their stream? By generic I mean not game specific, but customized for Extra Life.

Use the media kit and see what you can come up with. I bet a lot of Extra Lifers would love to have some ready made overlays they could choose from for their streams.

In fact, depending on what we get, I'll use a few of them during my stream, I stream via Xsplit so make them XSplit friendly. :)

Here's a fun community challenge.

What about a nice generic overlay for Extra Life that those who stream a variety if games can use throughout their stream? By generic I mean not game specific, but customized for Extra Life.

Use the media kit and see what you can come up with. I bet a lot of Extra Lifers would love to have some ready made overlays they could choose from for their streams.

In fact, depending on what we get, I'll use a few of them during my stream, I stream via Xsplit so make them XSplit friendly. :)

I have one I made (used the blue bubble background, have the logo, and area for camera and whichever hospital you are supporting with a box for monitor capture.) I use it in OBS but will make something up and post it here.

Awesome thanks Ben!

LXTerror, we should have a few overlays posted by the end of the week, and I can't take credit for this. I'm only the one who brought the idea up, there are others I am working with (Graphic designers) who should get all the credit. They are the ones who are creating these overlays for us.

Well pass along the thanks from team Delego!

Be nice to have a shiny looking overlay for the stream this year!

I've only just started to stream in the past month or so and I've been fiddling around with an overlay for personal use and one to use on our Stream Day.

This is what I have so far for a my personal stream. Underneath the webcam will be our Twitch Chat and I will have a better version of my team's donation tracker when I go live (It's just acting as a placeholder at the moment)

skPp8Yb.jpg

I've only just started to stream in the past month or so and I've been fiddling around with an overlay for personal use and one to use on our Stream Day.

This is what I have so far for a my personal stream. Underneath the webcam will be our Twitch Chat and I will have a better version of my team's donation tracker when I go live (It's just acting as a placeholder at the moment)

skPp8Yb.jpg

looking good, if you need any help I can get you in contact with a graphic designer on the leadership team.

7FXckzKl.jpg

Last year, I just started off with something simple like this and with a little finagling in XSplit, it turned into something like this...

qgydwSP.jpg

(Ignore the text bubble. It's the same screenshot I was using to attract sponsors/donors.)