Extra Life Stream Overlays - Page 3 - Live Streaming Tips & Tricks - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Ben.Trently

Extra Life Stream Overlays

After reading and looking at all of the examples of overlays posted on the thread, I did my best to come up with something was simple enough that people weren't confused and something that looked fairly decent (to me). What do y'all think? You can brutally honest, I can take it. :P

Streamlayout.jpg

Don't mind the goof in the bottom-right... I look so weird without my glasses on, haha! Stupid glare/reflection.

You could probably chroma key your extra life logo on the right hand side of your overlay (assuming that the image is separate from your overlay). Then you won't have the white around it.

Otherwise, I think it's fine. I think when it gets too busy, it detracts from the gameplay that everyone wants to see.

You could probably chroma key your extra life logo on the right hand side of your overlay (assuming that the image is separate from your overlay). Then you won't have the white around it.

Otherwise, I think it's fine. I think when it gets too busy, it detracts from the gameplay that everyone wants to see.

Thank you! I'll look into what "chroma key" is now and see if I can get it to work out.

Here's what I came up with, and I'd love your feedback!

xXtOcd4.png

I like this. Clean, simple, gets to the point.

PS - Just noticed youre playing for Buffalo. I assume NY? Are you from there? I grew up in Buffalo

I like this. Clean, simple, gets to the point.

PS - Just noticed youre playing for Buffalo. I assume NY? Are you from there? I grew up in Buffalo

Yup, born and raised. Still live here too

I've gone through 8 different design ideas for my stream overlay, and this is the latest.

pbxCeZW.jpg

Any input would be appreciated.

There were some nice simple stream overlays shown in the livestreaming tips stream, are those going to be made available for use during the marathon?

Hello all. New to the forums, and to Extra Life events.

My group and I will be participating in the 24-hour live stream. We have two different overlays for our general streaming use (one I call minimal: just an outline over the facecam, and (dot)com website at the bottom; allows for maximum game view / one I call mmo: smaller game view, but with chat showing up in the upper right, our logo below it, the (dot)com at the bottom, 'now playing' marquee below that, and the facecam with our own created avatar to the left). We have an image editor (doominglight (Jordan)) that has created everything so far, and he is going through different ideas for an EL overlay. I've seen the ones presented here, and I like what you all can do, so I would like to request ideas, or an already made overlay, if possible.

Games we play are listed in our info panels, as well as below:

1. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, and ESO

2. Civilization V

3. Doom (using GZDoom)

4. Shadow of Mordor

5. Diablo 3

6. Destiny

7. whatever we or the viewers decide at the time

For the 24-hour stream, I will be playing these games (along with the ones listed above):

1. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

2. Beyond Earth

3. Alien: Isolation

4. Styx: Master of Shadows

5. The Evil Within

I'm not sure what else any of you would need to help us with this. I greatly appreciate any incite or physical help with the overlay. We want to provide the best aesthetic (as far as overlays go) for this event that we can.

I personally believe presentation is everything. So long as we look clean, I can worry solely about making the actual content (comedy and overall interaction with the viewers) worth-while.

EDIT: I realized that I described the two overlays we use, without actually giving you the option to see them. They are large files, so I have provided links to them:

Minimal Twitch Overlay

MMO Twitch Overlay

-atoldiago (Anthony)

Edited by atoldiago
Added links to current overlays.

This is what I'll be working with. Still experimenting with placement of various text elements.

3pcsbUx.jpg

Love the "Total Raised" bar. Is that manually updated?

3xIyH61.png

Here's mine so far. It's a little busy, but I need to convey a lot, haha. Used mainly the social media kit images and the title plugin for Xsplit. The Schedule scrolls and the timer would be made with something like Snaz which was previously mentioned. The dollar total would be manually changed.

This is what I'll be working with. Still experimenting with placement of various text elements.

3pcsbUx.jpg

If you don't mind, would you be willing to link the background image you used? I really like the color and textures.

Hello all. New to the forums, and to Extra Life events.

My group and I will be participating in the 24-hour live stream. We have two different overlays for our general streaming use (one I call minimal: just an outline over the facecam, and (dot)com website at the bottom; allows for maximum game view / one I call mmo: smaller game view, but with chat showing up in the upper right, our logo below it, the (dot)com at the bottom, 'now playing' marquee below that, and the facecam with our own created avatar to the left). We have an image editor (doominglight (Jordan)) that has created everything so far, and he is going through different ideas for an EL overlay. I've seen the ones presented here, and I like what you all can do, so I would like to request ideas, or an already made overlay, if possible.

Games we play are listed in our info panels, as well as below:

1. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, and ESO

2. Civilization V

3. Doom (using GZDoom)

4. Shadow of Mordor

5. Diablo 3

6. Destiny

7. whatever we or the viewers decide at the time

For the 24-hour stream, I will be playing these games (along with the ones listed above):

1. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

2. Beyond Earth

3. Alien: Isolation

4. Styx: Master of Shadows

5. The Evil Within

I'm not sure what else any of you would need to help us with this. I greatly appreciate any incite or physical help with the overlay. We want to provide the best aesthetic (as far as overlays go) for this event that we can.

I personally believe presentation is everything. So long as we look clean, I can worry solely about making the actual content (comedy and overall interaction with the viewers) worth-while.

EDIT: I realized that I described the two overlays we use, without actually giving you the option to see them. They are large files, so I have provided links to them:

Minimal Twitch Overlay

MMO Twitch Overlay

-atoldiago (Anthony)

Your second overlay has a character sprite that gives me a Mother 3 vibe. It makes me want to go play some retro games.

Anyways, you may want to put the Extra Life logo in there somewhere since right now, it's just advertising yourself. The right side of the MMO Overlay looks empty at the moment. Are you planning to put chat on the side?

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a League overlay that some kind individual would like to send me, it can be a basic one, all I need is one that has the extra life logo

Your second overlay has a character sprite that gives me a Mother 3 vibe. It makes me want to go play some retro games.

Anyways, you may want to put the Extra Life logo in there somewhere since right now, it's just advertising yourself. The right side of the MMO Overlay looks empty at the moment. Are you planning to put chat on the side?

Those two overlays are the ones we've been using for a while; just wanted to show you all the layout we already use, since I described it.

The MMO overlay does have chat on the right side so it isn't as empty as it looks.

We are trying to figure out exactly how to portray the overlays for EL, without it being too cluttered (no offense to those that have a lot they need to show; we don't have a lot to show). I think something like the EL logo imposed over ours, as if it's taking over, along with the information for who we are supporting above that, and the link, timer and total raised, replacing our website, might be the best way to go.

Once our resident photoshop guy get's an example done, I'll post it here so you all can take a look.

-atoldiago (Anthony)

This is what I've got so far. I'm using two different overlays depending on whether I'm playing on my monitor or the TV (for local multiplayer games).

"Monitor" layout:

ptqxdEV.png

"Room" layout:

uWq30V7.png

I plan on adding the current donation amount above the fundraising page link, and perhaps a schedule in some form or another on both of them. I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out.

If you don't mind, would you be willing to link the background image you used? I really like the color and textures.

I've since updated to a new background which is similar but slightly brighter. I'm sorry, but I didn't bother to save the old background. :(

Here's the new one if you're interested: http://i.imgur.com/CVtsU8o.jpg

3pcsbUx.jpg

I like how clean and not too cluttered this one is. Something I might base mine off of when I get around to making an overlay. Nice work!

I've since updated to a new background which is similar but slightly brighter. I'm sorry, but I didn't bother to save the old background. :(

Here's the new one if you're interested: http://i.imgur.com/CVtsU8o.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Much appreciated.

I am working on my overlay for my stream on xsplit gamecaster and I don't know how to resize the game so that it fits within my overlay. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a photo for better understanding:

2rz2ams.png

Hey so I may have posted this wrong before.

I may not have an overlay but I did make an underlay or background for people to use. Its an animated BG that you can put your overlays onto.

This is part of what my friends and I will be using on our stream.