Getting going in Knox! - Knoxville, TN - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
nighttimemind

Getting going in Knox!

Hey Knox Vegas! Hope everyone is doing great! I know that everbody has been chomping at the bit since kickoff to take the next step, so I wanted to communicate a bit of preliminary information on a couple of things and also get some feedback on getting started.

First off, we have secured a table at Marble City Comicon for our first big event. Big thanks to Ellen for coming through on this as she was able to get in touch with them, get the table, and has agreed to provide an Xbox and a tv for some booth entertainment! The Con is coming up soon on April 23 and 24 and we need people to man the table in shifts. A sign up sheet is in the works but if you guys want to go ahead and chime in here if you are interested in working it then please do so we know.  

Also, we are hoping to have our first meeting prior to Marble City so that we can be well prepared and make the biggest impact possible. As of right now Ellen has said that we can probably get a room at the hospital again, but if you guys have any ideas as to somewhere else that we can hold meetings that might be a bit more fun then definitely speak up. Also, if anyone has certain days that they wouldn't be able to attend the meetings then let us know. I can't promise that we settle on a day that works for everyone every time but we will do our best!  We will post more concrete info very soon. I'm super excited and know you all are as well!

-Alex

I know that River and I aren't very available on weekends for meetings. Events like cons, we'll probably be at anyway, but our normal weekends are pretty well taken up between gaming and her daughter. 

• Like 2

I would love to be at the table. Question though, where can I get a shirt to show support to the charity? I've been looking and I can't find one, thanks!

• Like 1

I am open the weekend of the 23rd and 24th, so I will be available as much as needed and flexible at what time(s) I cover to allow everyone else that wants to participate their choice of scheduling.

• Like 1

I will say, having run many large groups in the past, when you have more than ~10 people, trying to get them together at the same time becomes a logistical nightmare that's impractical to attempt. 

Get a rough idea of when the most active people are available, decide on a time, and announce it. Those who can make it, will. Those who can't, won't.