bread_man

Extra Life Helper! Show real-time donation info on your stream!

It gets confused as well by donations with hidden amounts, but aside from that it works well!

Until there's a formal API for such things, maybe grab the total from the thermometer iframe tag instead?

Is there any chance of getting a .dmg file for those of us streaming from a Mac? The ability to swipe fullscreen apps essentially functions as a second monitor, so I think I might be able to work around that if I can get a .dmg, because I can't run an .exe

Who do I have to donate to to get this set up for 2015?! I loved this and it made for an awesome stream last year!

Who do I have to donate to to get this set up for 2015?! I loved this and it made for an awesome stream last year!

If you have it configured for last year, you only need to change the participant ID and event date in the config and it'll be good for this year as well.

If you have it configured for last year, you only need to change the participant ID and event date in the config and it'll be good for this year as well.

Sweet! Thanks!! I hadn't realized that!

Still no word on a .dmg file? I can run this in Parallels, but not only is that pretty RAM intensive, I would also have to set up my OBS overlay all over again.

Still no word on a .dmg file? I can run this in Parallels, but not only is that pretty RAM intensive, I would also have to set up my OBS overlay all over again.

The file is just a flashfile you can just open it in your web browser and put the variables in the address bar. Not ideal but should work. Don't have a mac but it works in both Firefox and Chrome on my pc

Example: ExtraLife.swf?teamId=20655&startDate=11-07-2015&startTime=08:00:00&mute=0

I have mine configured for my team instead of just me so you would just swap teamId with participantId and replace 20655 with your id of course.

The file is just a flashfile you can just open it in your web browser and put the variables in the address bar. Not ideal but should work. Don't have a mac but it works in both Firefox and Chrome on my pc

Example: ExtraLife.swf?teamId=20655&startDate=11-07-2015&startTime=08:00:00&mute=0

I have mine configured for my team instead of just me so you would just swap teamId with participantId and replace 20655 with your id of course.

I tried that. I edited the XML file and tried opening the .swf file in chrome, but all that's in the address bar is the link to where it is on my computer. Can anybody else confirm or deny that this works on Mac?

I tried that. I edited the XML file and tried opening the .swf file in chrome, but all that's in the address bar is the link to where it is on my computer. Can anybody else confirm or deny that this works on Mac?

I just tried it on my imac by dragging the Extralife.swf into an open chrome window and adding the ? and everything after it in the post above and it seems to work. This is an older iMac it can only go up to 10.7. I will see if I can find a newer mac in my office to test it on.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-25%20at%209.17.46%20AM.png?raw=1

I just tried it on my imac by dragging the Extralife.swf into an open chrome window and adding the ? and everything after it in the post above and it seems to work. This is an older iMac it can only go up to 10.7. I will see if I can find a newer mac in my office to test it on.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-25%20at%209.17.46%20AM.png?raw=1

Awesome! That did it for me! The problem I was running into at first was that the "&amp" parameters made it impossible to read the code. Thanks for clearing that up!

Now my only question is, does anybody know any ways to get rid of the black background and have just the helper appear? I'm on a mac, so I can't crop sources, just resize them.

Does anyone know where I can add

param name="wmode" value="transparent"

to the XML to make the background appear transparent in my browser?

Now my only question is, does anybody know any ways to get rid of the black background and have just the helper appear? I'm on a mac, so I can't crop sources, just resize them.

What are you using to stream? If it supports window capture with color keying, just set black as the transparent color. That works for me with OBS. I don't know that there is a way to do it otherwise.

What are you using to stream? If it supports window capture with color keying, just set black as the transparent color. That works for me with OBS. I don't know that there is a way to do it otherwise.

I am using OBS, but it's on a Mac. I'm going to see if I can't crack this open in Dreamweaver and play around with it.

I am using OBS, but it's on a Mac. I'm going to see if I can't crack this open in Dreamweaver and play around with it.

If nothing else, I'd guess that OBS on the Mac would support color keying as well.

If nothing else, I'd guess that OBS on the Mac would support color keying as well.

From what I can tell, that feature hasn't been implemented in the Mac version yet. And if it has, I'm certainly not seeing it.

*bump*

Has anyone found a workaround for this yet? I would really love to incorporate it into my stream, and I considered using Streamtip, and then just donate the money from Streamtip into my Extra Life campaign, but I feel like a lot of people would see that as shady.

I know I am late to this party. Just wanted to add my name to the lest of Thank Yous. Just added this last night, works great.

Thanks!

Hey man!

Thanks for making this widget and giving awesome instructions on how to use it! My stream team will be testing it out next week to prep for our EL 24hr stream coming up June 20th. Hoping it'll flow well, it looks great and we can't wait to use it! :D

-Gnomedic

twitch.tv/gnomedic

twitch.tv/12LeadGaming

Sorry for the n00b question: do these plug-ins only work if you use a capture card and computer to stream? I stream straight from my Xbox One, and I would like to experiment with overlays like this EL widget. I don't have a capture card, and I won't have room in the budget for one any time soon. Thanks!

Sorry for the n00b question: do these plug-ins only work if you use a capture card and computer to stream? I stream straight from my Xbox One, and I would like to experiment with overlays like this EL widget. I don't have a capture card, and I won't have room in the budget for one any time soon. Thanks!

I can't say for Xbox 1 because I don't own it, but with my PS4 I know that I can't have any overlays or programs like this tracker. I believe this will only work on the PC because with OBS you have to screen capture the tracker but with Xsplit you just import into the program.

When I try to run Extralife.exe I just get a message that it has stopped working right after I open it. I get a message that it requires a missing Windows component (currently using windows 7). Has anyone else come across this or have a work around for it?