Introduce Yourself! - Hamilton - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
DJThunderstix

Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the Hamilton Guild! We're excited to launch the Guild and cannot wait to work with you as we grow the Extra Life program and help the kids we serve.

My name is Liz, and I have the honor of working on the Extra Life team. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Introduce yourself and let's all get to know each other!

• Like 1

Howdy!

I'm Dot, a part-time variety streamer on Twitch and a full-time Dad. I'm participating in my first ever Extra Life charity stream on Saturday, April 16th from 9 am to 9 pm EST and I'm super excited to be able to have a hand, however small, in giving back to a hospital that has helped saved the lives of so many and enrich those of others. I have no personal attachment or experience with McMaster hospital but as it is a place that essentially helped save the life of my friends premature child, I felt it my duty to give back in my own small way. Very nice to meet you Liz and hopefully others who will be joining the cause and conversation soon. 

Regards,

- Dot

Hey all! I'm Jess (NorthernZoot) from Cambridge, ON. I'm an Xbox Community Ambassador, an Xbox MVP, and a member of Xbox Playdates Canada; a group of community members that tries to host weekly game nights online for the community to join in on... trying to make the "randoms" a little less random. Haha

Anyway, this year will be my 3rd year taking part in Extra Life. I successfully managed to crack the $1000 milestone last year. Looking forward to beating my highscore again this year!

Feel free to add me on XBL if you ever want to play!  GT: NorthernZoot

• Like 2

I am Matthew Griffin from Novaura Autism. Last year, I joined Extra Life to support McMaster Children's Hospital because it was here where I was diagnosed with my Autism. I am also involved with other volunteer groups where I live in Kitchener-Waterloo, including Waterloo Region Family Network and the Knights of Columbus.

I have also been running my own YouTube gaming channel called Novaura Autism since the end of 2012. I have featured 30 games in my catalogue to this point covering a variety of genres and consoles. The most popular game(s) in my catalogue is the Final Fantasy XIV series, which I started in March 2014 and have made about 300 videos on to this point. This has included "A Realm Reborn", its expansion "Heavensward", as well as a weekly Vlog talking about my Free Company (guild).

I would certainly welcome any support from my fellow Guild members for my channel and I, of course will do my part to help grow and support the Hamilton Extra Life Guild.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsYsHmisD5rcu-yCCpIsZgQ

• Like 1

Hey guys! 

My name is Warren Morrison, as you know, but I thought I might introduce myself a little better than I did at the meeting. I'm an aspiring engineer and Twitch streamer. You'll normally find me playing Fire Emblem while I'm out and about, and DOTA 2 or Skyrim while I'm at home. Although, I'm just as likely to play anything else that catches my interest. PC is my main gaming platform (Steam ID and other links available in my profile).

I look forward to working with you all to make this guild the best it can be!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2016 at 0:07 PM, Laurie@CMNCanada said:

@Dot!  How did your charity stream go?  Welcome, hope to see you at the GUild launch on Wednesday!

-Laurie

Sorry I took so long to get back to this! The charity stream went very well! We hit our $150 goal by the time we wrapped the 12 hours and had a blast. I'm looking forward to doing another one in the future! Thanks for asking :)

• Like 1

Hello all. Andrew MacDonald here from the guild meeting, I apologize for not posting sooner.

A bit about me I'm a cook when I'm not gaming. Part time actor when I get the itch to act. So I can play well off of an audience talking about anything really. I can also give advice about cooking if need be.