Extra Life News:Changes to the Extra Life National Team - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
LeaveIt2Beaver

Extra Life News:Changes to the Extra Life National Team

Hey Extra Lifers,

Mike here from the national office…

I wanted to write a quick note to let you know of some changes happening on the Extra Life National Team. As some of you may have heard (or seen online), as of last week, Rick Heaton (Sapience), is no longer the Community Manager for Extra Life. We’re extremely grateful for his help launching the Extra Life Community Hub and his support of the Guilds and wish him all the best in the future.

Another structural change on the Extra Life team is that Jeromy Adams (Doc), has taken a new position within the company and will help lead the Innovations Team for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. His new focus will be to generate ideas and opportunities for people to support their local children’s hospital. He’ll always be a member of the Extra Life community, just involved in a different capacity now.

Right now, you’re probably asking yourself "Well how the heck is Extra Life going to keep being Extra Life?!” and we have an answer for that as well. Liz Aponte (DJThunderstix) and myself (LeaveIt2Beaver) will be leading the overall vision and strategy for the program and be receiving a ton of support from other teams within CMN Hospitals. There will be more people than ever to listen and implement the great ideas this community comes up with. This means more eyes on the community forums, more hands vigorously typing to answer support emails, more feet on the ground in local communities and more supporters in the industry coming together to make sure the hospitals and the kids we fight so hard for are in good hands.

Coming off one of our largest fundraising increases in history, it’s a very exciting time for our organization and to capitalize on the momentum we’re generating both in raising awareness and funds for children’s hospitals, it was necessary to make sure we had the right people, resources and talents supporting the right initiatives and programs.

I can promise you that Liz and I are working diligently to make sure that Extra Life 2016 is bigger and bolder than you’ve ever seen it. Stay tuned to the Community Hub, our Facebook page and Twitter account to keep up with the action that will no doubt be going down. Together we will make this yet another record-breaking year for the kiddos.

If you have any questions, you can always email me or DM me in the forums. I’ll be on the road launching Guilds and visiting partners over the next few weeks but will always get back to you as soon as I can.

For The Kids,

Mike Kinney

Team Extra Life

Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals

View full article

• Like 8

Woohoo!

Congrats to Jeromy, Mike and Liz. 

Being at Extra Life United and seeing Extra Life front and center was amazing, I was hopeful we were actually garnering more attention as a plausible platform for fundraising. It is good to see that we have more eyes focusing on what we are doing. 

Let's get to work folks!

• Like 2

Thank you for this! I am happy to finally hear some clarification about the future of Extra Life. Everyone does an amazing job and it's by far the best community I have ever had the privilege to be a part of! 

• Like 6

Thank you much for the message Mike!  And congrats you, Doc, and Liz.  Looking forward to the rest of another awesome year!

Congratulations all around. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say we're with you. All eyes on the future and full speed ahead! 

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification. When I saw the initial news about Doc and Rick I admit I was worried. Now, I'm hopeful for another awesome year!

• Like 2

Congrats on the new roles and thanks for the update! I'm sad to hear about some of the changes, but I'm excited to see the bigger direction Extra Life may go in this year!