Recruitment Event Ideas - Raleigh-Durham, NC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
AndrewRDU

Recruitment Event Ideas

Team,

We're trying to get as much stuff on the calendar as possible and we need some more recruitment events for the next few months!  Anybody know of anything coming up in the next few months we could have a presence at?  Let's hear some ideas!

Hey Andrew,

I'm still interested in setting up some sort of event with extra life.

I'm putting a band together for the occasion with the intent of playing a lot of the video game cover songs that I do ( youtube.com/FHamiltonmusic for those interested) - I think it'd be great to have live music as well as possibly a Mario Kart tournament happening as well? Something along those lines. 

It'd be a couple months before it could happen, but it's something I'm working toward. 

Let me know if I can clarify anything or help out in any way.

• Like 4

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 7:31 PM, VanHamilton said:

I'm putting a band together for the occasion with the intent of playing a lot of the video game cover songs that I do ( youtube.com/FHamiltonmusic for those interested) - I think it'd be great to have live music as well as possibly a Mario Kart tournament happening as well? Something along those lines. know if I can clarify anything or help out in any way.

First off, these covers are AWESOME!!!  Subscribed!

Have you thought about the idea or playing at a local place like Boxcar?  They have musicians on their patio throughout the summer.  I have a contact there that wants us to be a part of the tournament nights on Wednesdays.  Maybe we could combine forces?

• Like 2

Wow, I agree with Andrew these covers are pretty awesome!  I subscribed as well!!

I talked with one of the guys at the Baxter Barcade in Carrboro (http://www.baxterarcade.com/) and they would love host an event for us on a Saturday or Sunday from 12-4. This is when they have family day when Charlie and other under 21 kids can go and play video games. I think this would be a good recruitment event.  They wanted me to send them some info about Extra Life and request a date. I'm thinking Maybe 4/23? I'm not sure how these things work.  Does someone bring flyers/banner/other stuff? They may or may not have WIFI there to be able to use the sign up app.  I'll email them and let you guys know what is the deal.  BTW, this is Charlie Millard's mom.  He's bummed he can't help out at the Raleigh Comicon thing, but we will be out of town then.  

thanks,
Krista

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Millard's mom said:

They wanted me to send them some info about Extra Life and request a date. I'm thinking Maybe 4/23? I'm not sure how these things work.

That's great that they're open to having us there!  Thank you so much for asking them!  The 23rd might be a liiiitle too soon to put something together.  We have several upcoming recruitment events, which are slightly understaffed at the moment.  Perhaps we can get something put in the calendar for May?  And yes, I have a supply of flyers, banners, CMN goodies, etc. that we use at all of our events.  Let @MajorLinux and look at the calendar and get back to you.  Family night sounds perfect though!  I just want to make sure we have some people available to cover it.  

At the top of our forums, you'll find these two links...  

Raleigh-Durham Guild Homepage - Our homepage is where we have a list of contacts, as well as upcoming events for the next 30 days and recent forum posts.  It's a good one to bookmark and see what we're up to at a glance.

Guild Calendar - Again, probably another good one to bookmark.  Any guild member that is hosting an event can add something to the calendar.

So, I'm wondering if it may be too late to mention Moogfest... I think it could be cool if we could get in on this.  I was only made aware of it this morning...

http://www.moogfest.com/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

So, I'm wondering if it may be too late to mention Moogfest... I think it could be cool if we could get in on this.  I was only made aware of it this morning...

http://www.moogfest.com/

I'm not really sure who we could reach out to.  I'm not too familiar with the festival.  As soon as I saw the ridiculous ticket prices a while back, I completely ignored it haha.  Maybe we could reach out to one of the gamer friendly bars like The Social?  Remember, we have the Microsoft event on the 22nd.

Okay. Since you didn't like that one, here's another one. How about the new Assassin's Creed movie. The new trailer was released last night and it isn't that bad...

Or maybe not. I just realized that the movie comes out in December...

2 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

Hahaha!  I love that you still posted it!:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MajorLinux said: Or maybe not. I just realized that the movie comes out in December...

Hahaha!  I love that you still posted it!

Yup!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

Don't worry - after the first one is out, they will rush out sequels of questionable quality every year! 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2016 at 9:22 AM, MajorLinux said:

The new trailer was released last night and it isn't that bad...

Except for that awful Kanye soundtrack... 

• Like 1