Introduce Yourself! - Springfield-Holyoke, MA - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
DJThunderstix

Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the Springfield, MA Guild! We're excited to launch the Guild and cannot wait to work with you as we grow the Extra Life program and help the kids we serve.

My name is Liz, and I have the honor of working on the Extra Life team. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Introduce yourself and let's all get to know each other!

• Like 4

Hi there I'm Nathan and I've been doing Extra-life for 4 years now and I really want to make a big push this year and beat all my other year's donations.  

I'm from Chicopee, MA and I'll be attending the guild launch in a couple of weeks.  I would be interested in helping out or applying for one of the leadership roles.  

I really hope to meet some of the local people in the area and start pushing for a great fundraiser in 2016!

A little about me: I'm an army vet (7 years active, 3 in the national guard).  I have a bachelor's degree in Information Systems and a master's in data analytics. Currently working for an industrial manufacturing company doing procurement and inventory management.  Obviously I enjoy video games, I also bowl, golf and love cooking/grilling.

• Like 4

Hey, my name is Tim.  This is my second year of Extra Life, I captain a team called Fritz and the Chaotic Somethings.  We play tabletop games by way of roll20.  Last year I designed a custom 24-hour one shot Scion campaign based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft for our Game Day, and this year I'm working on another custom campaign, this time for Vampire: the Requiem.

I live in Greenfield, MA and was just at the guild launch earlier tonight.  So excited to be a part of this and see how much help it can bring the kids!

I'm a Baptist pastor/missionary working to see a new local church born in Greenfield and am finishing out the (hopefully my last) year working at UMass as a supervisor on the babyBerk trucks.  My wife is also on the site here (username: 8bitRose), and we have two kids.  I make two webcomics, Fatebound and Serpents, and greatly enjoy tabletop gaming, comics, theology, astronomy and astrophysics, cooking, bowling, drawing, and reading.

• Like 3

Hey all! I'm Carol. I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, and this will be my 2nd year participating in Extra-Life. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and working to make a difference for the kids here in Western MA.

I live in Greenfield MA and I'm a stay at home mom to 2 kids who are 11 and 3. I have a degree in computer programming and have dabbled in video game programming in Unity and flash. I also greatly enjoy reading and writing.

• Like 3

Hello, did 1 year of extra life, on my second. I'm part of team thunder and gaming has been a large part of my life as inspiration, ice breakers, and just plain old fun for me. I've made some local friends who reach out in the old MLG and EVO pro circuits as well as Pokemon nationals, the Fighting Game Community, and other hardcore communities. Personally, I have done the videogame room with Connecticon from 2011 through 2013.

I live out of Springfield and will be transferring into a 4 year animation major after 7 years in the Army National Guard out of Mass. I enjoy coordinating with others and as well as Comics and Anime and Cinema. Looking forward to new friends.

• Like 3

Been with Extra Life for past 3 years. Enjoy all aspects of gaming and looking forward to this whole guild business.

• Like 3

Hey, all!  George here, coming in late to the party!  I live in Chicopee, and this will be my third year working with Extra Life.  I'm mostly a PS4 gamer, but have played on 3DS, as well.  I typically game solo, and tend to spend my fundraising effort in visiting businesses and spreading the word that way, in an effort to develop teams.

I am currently doing ZERO gaming (shh!) as I am studying for a certification as a personal fitness trainer, but by day I am half of the IT Department.

I look forward to multiplying our gaming force out in Western MA and beyond.

• Like 4

Hello Everyone,

John Here, head Captain of Team Thunder.  I've been an Extra-Lifer now for 3 years, this will be my 4th.  I live in West-Springfield, been a gamer since I was wee little.  Currently, I own A Wii-U, 3DS, PlayStation 4, Genesis and Game Cube.  I will be playing "Zelda: Twilght Princess HD" on Game night.  Glad to be hanging out with all you fine folk.  :0)

• Like 3

Hi,

I'm Maryanne, (secretary to John Szramowski - Thorin578), and I live in Southwick, MA.  This is my first year with Extra-Life, and I am so looking forward to working with all of you.   I love kids and am interested in helping out as much as I can.  

• Like 1

Hello To All My Name Is Ms.Jennifer Palmer I Have Been With Team Thunder For 2 Years And This Year Will Be My First Year With My Own Team I Decided To Join Baystate Because I Have 2 Boys Who Were Born Premature And Through Baystates Love They Are Now Going On 6 Yrs Old. Plus I Am Currently Waiting For A Kidney Transplant Through Baystate. I live in West Springfield With My Husband David Palmer And Our 3 Kids Amber,Mark & Matthew.I Love Singing Karaoke As A Past Time And I Love To Paint.I LOVE playing All Kinds Of Video Games. I look forward for our Baystate Donation And Game Day Every Year Now.Hope To Get To Meet New Friends Each Year.Nice To Meet You.

• Like 1

Hi all! My name is Erik. This is my first year with Extra Life, though I've seen the last two years of games day on Twitch. I wanted to get involved with helping people out in someway. I love the fact that I can do what I love (gaming) and help those in need at the same time. My main go to game is Magic the Gathering, but I love all forms of table-top games and video games as well. I can't wait to be a part of such a great cause!

• Like 3