Smash for life - Raleigh-Durham, NC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

Hello everyone my name is Justin Thompson , I am co-founder of the Carolina Collegiate Esports Committee. I am planning  a 24hour smash event, filled with tournaments for every smash game and any smash celebs I can get,  for the 5th of November. Right now I'm  looking  for a nice big venue, so we can have room for smash, a lan party, and everyone else. I pretty new to event organization so any help or suggestions would  be nice. For now I'll  looking at nc state's tally student  union grand ballroom  because  it's  huge, it has active  tech stuff, gigabit wire and wireless networks, and if pnc sponsors  all of that space is free.

I made this on my phone.

• Like 1

Sounds great man!  We'd be happy to help you find a place.  Sounds like you've got a good start though.  We've found that it's surprisingly difficult to find venues that are 1)Big enough 2) Have good internet 3) Are available for 24-hours and 4)Come at little to no cost.  Do you have a contact over at state?  

• Like 1

Yes esports club president Ross, another CCEC member, I can send you a pm about him to you, or send an email when I  get off of work.

Hi Justin,

Tony Dao from REACTIV Designs here, we've been working with several of the collegiate organizers in the area and should at the very least be able to help you guys connect the dots. you can react me at my contact info below:

Tony 'NinjaBoss' Dao

GM & Co-Founder
E: tony.dao@reactivdesigns.com
O: 919-500-0371
C: 919-926-8219
S: uraharashop (Tony Dao)

Ah yes I remember  you at the clash, thank you  for  the contact and we will be speaking soon.

Alright  the venue  has be decided  and the website  should be up next week. That being  said, if anyone is willing to be an artist, could really  use the help.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, I-ninja said:

Alright  the venue  has be decided  and the website  should be up next week. That being  said, if anyone is willing to be an artist, could really  use the help.

Cool!  Hope to see you at our May meeting to hear all the details! 

• Like 1