Sign in to follow this  
Tiny415

Upcoming Events at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, in Oaks PA

Looking at our next couple of events, 3 of them will be taking place at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, in Oaks PA.

While details are still being finalized, I wanted to get this in people's minds, because we have many great volunteers that live in the area and will hopefully be able to help with booth duty. I also encourage those who are up for a drive to come out to these events, Too Many Games has been one of our most successful events year after year, so the more help we can get, the more people we can recruit.  

1 - The Great Philadelphia Comic Con - April 22nd to 24th - Friday 3PM to 8PM, Saturday 10AM to 7PM, and Sunday 10AM to 5PM

2 - Lego Brickfest April 30th to May 1st -  Saturday 10:00am to 6:00pm, Sunday at 10:00am to 5:00pm   

3 - Too Many Games - June 24th to 26th - Times not announced yet

We are also looking at other events, later in the year, at the GPEC, such as Walker Stalker (we signed up over 100 people at this convention in 2015) and Retrocon. 

• Like 1

I posted on the Facebook group but I wanted to touch base here. I would like to help out and supply a Jr. Pac Man arcade machine for the booth at TMG. I jsust wanted to see if this was something that would be possible, and wanted, or if it would take up too much space. 

That's probably something we'd have to discuss with TMG themselves. I know they tend to have whole sections for arcade machines, and we'd also need to make sure we'd be placed somewhere that there'd be space for a machine.

On 3/14/2016 at 8:58 AM, TheGeekyHusband said:

I posted on the Facebook group but I wanted to touch base here. I would like to help out and supply a Jr. Pac Man arcade machine for the booth at TMG. I jsust wanted to see if this was something that would be possible, and wanted, or if it would take up too much space. 

@TheGeekyHusband - sorry I have been away, due to a family event this weekend. I will reach out to the TMG people and see if they have any feedback.  Will also need to defer to you on some of the logistics (setup is generally mid-day, on Friday, June 24th) and unfortunately my challenger is not really arcade machine friendly. Thanks for the offer though

-D 

I have these listed on my calendar. I'll be doing at least one day for each of the events.  I'll try to talk Kyle into riding with me to a few and working the table again.

On 3/16/2016 at 9:22 PM, Tiny415 said:

@TheGeekyHusband - sorry I have been away, due to a family event this weekend. I will reach out to the TMG people and see if they have any feedback.  Will also need to defer to you on some of the logistics (setup is generally mid-day, on Friday, June 24th) and unfortunately my challenger is not really arcade machine friendly. Thanks for the offer though

-D 

No worries. the arcade cabinet was an idea i wanted to float out there. Logistics are not going to work out.

On 4/1/2016 at 8:48 PM, TheGeekyHusband said:

No worries. the arcade cabinet was an idea i wanted to float out there. Logistics are not going to work out.

Understood sir! I am still awaiting feedback from the TMG staff, but I will align their expectations.