Extra Life DnD - Page 2 - Pen & Paper - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
theBeardedCripl

Extra Life DnD

Ack! I am so sorry. 

I think playing mostly hinges on me being available and unfortunately I am in Mountain Timezoneland. Which means I can play, but it makes it wicked late for those not in MST or Central. 

Thursday nights usually should work (though tonight would not) and Saturdays are usually fam/wife time. 

I am total pain. I know this. But if I can make it work for the group as a whole, I am your unflappable Halfling Bard or stoic Tiefling Monk. 

• Like 2

Right, yes, I should note that I can't play next week because of work, but I'm completely open after that, so it would kind of depend on when you're kicking off.

Also I tend to prefer Bard or Barbarian, but can have a good old time at any role (except Paladin, that one I usually have trouble with).

55 minutes ago, themightytej said:

I would like a spot.

Well this makes 3 need at least 1 more. @themightytej if you can please give me the following. I would say games would probably be 7pm Central if on Thursday and pretty much anytime on a Saturday. I won't be ready to start for another few weeks as I will still need to plug in the character sheets once everyone gets them to me. @herobyclicking just let me know if you want a spot or not.

Availability: Thurs or Sat

Class:

Race:

Timezone: 

Character sheet emailed once complete

Image of character and image of token you want to use

Mrs. Gnome & I have completed character sheets, but is there one online you prefer to use? Every time i try to save the fillable ones in, it saves them as totally blank e.e;

Availability: Prefer Sat, but Thu works too

Class: Barbarian, Totem

Race: Half-Orc

Timezone: CST

Availability: Prefer Sat, but Thu works too

Class: Druid, Circle of the Land

Race: Sun Elf

Timezone: CST

19 minutes ago, theBeardedCripl said:

@herobyclicking just let me know if you want a spot or not.

I am sadly bowing out! I will be cheering you all on from the virtual audience. The timing just doesn't work C'est la vie!

18 minutes ago, Gnomedic said:

Mrs. Gnome & I have completed character sheets, but is there one online you prefer to use? Every time i try to save the fillable ones in, it saves them as totally blank e.e;

Yeah, you will likely have to "Print As" PDF to get that "Save". Been there!

• Like 1

@Gnomedic When i get home tonight I will send you a link to join the game and you may be able to see the character sheet in there. If not i will try and send it out to you. @themightytej may know of a better way of getting your characters imported in.

• Like 1

Right, so, you don't actually have to put our sheets in at all. After a player joins the game (through the link you're sending out later), you can go into the Edit function on a sheet and set it to be visible, editable, and controllable by a set player. We need Edit & Control power because that's what lets us roll checks and move the token around; but this also gives us the ability to fill out our sheet in the interface itself without bothering with importing or sending it to you first or anything AND the ability to upload our own character image (but not token, as far as I know). As the DM, you still have the power to see everything on the sheet and edit anything you need to fix or whatever.

Speaking of, how are you doing stats? Are we just using the honor system and rolling them, or are you using one of the alternative systems in the book?

• Like 2

I trust that you all can roll your own and be fair about it. If something looks super suspicious to the whole group we can always re-roll them the first night we are all together. Lets be honest though there is no fun in cheating so I don't see any of you trying to cheat the system and make a god character that just rolls through everything it looks at. 

• Like 2

Want me to toss an invite to Hannah, Derek, and Hong from ELU if you still need people?

10 hours ago, Gnomedic said:

Want me to toss an invite to Hannah, Derek, and Hong from ELU if you still need people?

We have 3 so far and 6 would be the max I would want so feel free. I forgot to send out the game link I will try and do that tonight. 

The listed classes so far suggest we don't have a tank yet, so...

Availability: Either, but prefer Saturday as I have scheduled office hours until 6p Eastern on Thursdays

Class: Barbarian

Race: Dragonborn

Timezone: Eastern

Image of character and image of token you want to use

Token.jpg

Dragonborn 7.png

Last call for anyone who wants to join right now we have 4 players and have space for 1-2 more. @CAWZY I saw you posted about pen and paper in another thread so I am tagging you here. I would like to start in the next few weeks and once we have all the players locked in we can coordinate as a group to find the best time. If you want to join please keep in mind the party currently consists of

@Gnomedic - Barbarian

@themightytej - Bard

@8bitRose - Sorceress

GnomeWifey - Druid

• Like 2

Cool!  I'm interested, but like I said in my post, I'm pretty much a noob.  You guys would have to direct me.

@theBeardedCripl would this be a once a month thing?

4 hours ago, CAWZY said:

Cool!  I'm interested, but like I said in my post, I'm pretty much a noob.  You guys would have to direct me.

@theBeardedCripl would this be a once a month thing?

That isn't a problem. I will add you to the message thread so you can get the Roll20 information from there. It will be my first time as a DM so I am sure there will be a fair bit of hand holding being done for me as well. Luckily 2 of the players have both DM'ed in the past so I know they will be able to help. I would look up some of the Roll20 videos on Youtube I have found them very helpful. 

Yes, if anyone needs any help (I'm no expert), please feel free to ask! :D

I'm editing our character pieces tonight, so I'll have the overhead tokens ready for you tomorrow! My barbarian is already input into the system, I'll add Tara's druid in tonight as well!

Have we determined if this will be on Thursdays or Saturdays yet?

Whoa!  You make overhead tokens?  I've been dying for some good ones for the campaign I run on Roll20.  Any chance you've got a library of them somewhere?  

I know @Gnomedic does the same as I do he uses heroforge and then takes a screenshot and edits it to work. It is actually rather simple and you get the ones you like. 

• Like 1

Good to know.  Will tinker with that before our next session since it seems like my party are intent on killing the NPCs confronting them instead of talking their way out of the situation (to be fair to them, they all rolled pretty low charisma and the NPC bard I had been running with the party tended to handle charisma checks in situations like this--we were initially 3+DM, so they needed some support, but we recently added a fourth player) and I'll need a battle map for it.

When I created the ones I made I just used photoshop to make a 125x125px image to use with a transparent background seems to work rather well

• Like 1

Murderhobos..... Everyone's a dang murderhobo!! 

But yeah, what Nick said! I just use Heroforge and manipulate the screen shots. I got lazy for our game and didn't feel like coloring in the overhead tokens like I did with the images.

med (1).png

med (2).png

med (3).png

med.png

• Like 1