Sapience

Welcome to the Toronto Guild!

My name is Cameron McArthur and this will be my first year actually trying extra life. I will be playing for Sick Kids in Toronto. When i was younger, I spent a lot of time in that hospital, and since im too old to go there now, I thought I should do what I can to give back. My PSN is xCameron94x. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! 

Welcome @CammyMcArthur

I'm glad to see that SickKids helped you out and it's wonderful that you want to give back to it! 

If you have any questions or concerns just message me! 

Hello Everyone! 

I'm Matt! This is my first year being involved with Extra Life. I've been interested for the past few years, but I did my homework this time around and found you guys! (Hooray!) I'm super excited to be part of something so cool, and I look forward to working together with everyone here! 

Quick About me: In school I studied Cin/Vid/Comms, as well as Fine Arts> Film. I've been working with kids directly for about 4 years with a high-profile theme park in the U.S.A, as well as a variety of kid-oriented retail spaces.

Can't wait to get things rolling with all of you! 

• Like 2

Welcome Matt( @Mythus11

So glad you can join us this year and thanks for reaching us to us. If you need anything just let us know! Are you living down in the states or up in Canada? 

Maybe post your all your wonderful talents over in this forum! That way we can reach out to you if we need some help! 

Hello!

My name is Ian. I live in Brampton and have never been involved in Extra Life before.

In February, on her 2nd birthday, my daughter was diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis after 24 hours spent in the emergency department at Sick Kids. It has been a constant stream of escalating treatments and frequent visits to the Rheumatology department as we try and get her autoimmune disease under control.

I decided that I wanted to do my part to raise some funds for the hospital since they have been a big part of my family's life this year and likely for the rest of my daughter's life. I've been involved in local game development, design and promotion for many years now and would love to funnel some of my game life into something tangible for the community.

I work downtown Toronto so I'm always around for lunches and discussions about event ideas. I'm going to do some Overwatch streams for the next few weeks with a view of doing a 24 hour stream at some point in October.

So hey what's happening? 

• Like 1

@howlit Welcome to the guild Ian! We have alot of fun events coming up that will be posted on this website! Feel free to reach out to me or any of the other leaders if you have any questions or ideas you'd like to share!

Hey @howlit nice to see a familiar face join forces! If you ever have any questions or concerns always reach out to one of us. 

If you are still up in the brampton area maybe we can do some type of event together. 

Hello Team SickKids!

My name is Seanna Millar and I am the VP, Corporate Partnerships at SickKids Foundation. In the twelve plus years I've been privileged to work at SickKids, I've been fortunate to have worked directly with  patient families just like the ones you are supporting through Extra Life. I hope you're as excited as I am for SickKids first game day with an official Toronto Extra Life Guild. It will be an outstanding 24 hours! On behalf of the entire SickKids community, I would like to say a sincere thank you for the time and effort you have put in to make this program so successful. Keep up your great work in recruiting new gamers and fundraising for the kids! You are truly making a difference.

Good luck this Saturday!

All the best,

Seanna

• Like 3

Hi there!

My name is Sol and I just joined after I was introduced to the group by members of Geekz United. 

I can't wait to meet everyone and to make a difference as we all work together this year!

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin. I am a streamer on Mixer and I am new to Extra life.

I’ve been donating to causes that I believe in for years. I see great potential in using Extra Life as a platform to help me support the kids and make a difference in the world! I am playing for SickKids. I chose them because my brother was born with a birth defect and they helped support him for 18 years.

I look forward to working with all of you in the Toronto guild!

My Extra-Life page and Mixer username are both ‘TBG’

• Like 2

Hello everyone, Names Sgtgrumbles, but you can call me Grumbles.

I am a twitch broadcaster based out of Waterloo, ON. I am new to ExtraLife but I have been planning to do a 24hr fundraiser stream for Sick Kids, and was pointed in this direction. 
I am still fairly new to twitch (started in may) but in that time have built a decent following for myself and have made many connections.  I have very close personal friends who were a part of the Sick Kids program for a few years, and firmly believe in what they do...so I want to use my connections and twitch presence to try and give back to them, as a thank you for all they do.  

I was planning to do my 24 on Dec 16th, and if anyone has any advice or would like to help in any way, I would be happy to discuss with you!

• Like 1

Hey @sgtgrumbles89 sorry for not seeing this before your marathon, I hope things went well! 

We do a have a group of streamers that are doing mini streams throughout the year [Weekly, Monthly, or special occasions] If this is something you might be interested in please let me know and I'll send you the survey to fill out. We also do have a discord group, its probably the easiest way to get a hold of one of us super quickly! [https://discord.gg/VjcyRA7]

We are happy to have you on board and thanks for reaching out to us! :D 

• Like 1

Hey no worries, it was a success. Raised $1300! I will check out the discord for sure, thanks for the response! 

• Like 1