Buffalo Welcome Thread - Buffalo, NY - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sapience

Buffalo Welcome Thread

Welcome to the Buffalo Guild! We're excited to launch the guild and cannot wait to meet you all and work with you as we grow the Extra Life program and help the kids we serve.

Introduce yourself and let's all get to know each other!

I'm Rick, the Community Manager for the Extra Life program. I'm responsible for the entire Extra Life community, but I'm also your go to person for everything Guild related. If you have any questions about the program, need help finding resources, or just want to kick around an idea please feel free to reach out and let me know how I can help!

• Like 4

My name is Marty aka Akkadianknight on most platforms and on twitch. I am super excited to have an extra life guild so close to home. I will be attending the guild event on the 29th and hope to meet everyone there! Not sure what else anyone would like to know but decided to introduce myself. Wasn't sure if this was the right thread to do so or not. Anyways happy to help out any way that is needed! Keep up the awesome work guys!

• Like 2

Hey Buffalo!

First, Congrats on becoming an Extra Life Guild! All of us over here at the Albany Extra Life Guild are proud to see more guilds from NY spring up! 

My name is Lucas Fox and I am the president over at the Albany Guild. If any of you need a hand with anything at all, please feel free to ask!  Also, when the Leadership Committee gets sorted, send me a message as I have a few things that have been passed my way for events coming up in New York that you all are MUCH closer too than we are. 

Cheers, 

• Like 3

My name is Aaron, I go by Zelpar on pretty much all gaming platforms. I recently moved back to Buffalo from Pittsburgh, when I learned about this from a friend there.

I have started my own team with some old friends of mine who are very into this. It's on my profile page. And I'm also beginning to work with a gaming store in North Tonawanda about holding events and charity auctions with them. 

I was happy to see a Buffalo, NY Guild as well. I'm pretty stoked for this.

• Like 3

Hello Everyone! My name is Brandon, my Twitch username is Shamanom.

I'm 31 years old, hailing from Niagara Falls, NY. I'm employed by Merani Hotel Group, Starwood Hotel Group.

I mainly go livestream 5-6 nights/late nights a week. Im all about promoting all Western NY broadcasters. I joined Extra Life in the Summer of 2015. I learned about this great organization thru Dawngate (RIP) a MOBA from EA Games. I'm currently on a Stream Team with Playing with Fire (Currently #2 as of this post) But my primary focus is to work with Women's & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, NY.

I'm really proud to be apart of this Guild. I believe that we will do great things and exceed our goal last year of 36k. I was happy to be a part of the groundbreaking day of Guild at Oogie Games on Transit in Depew, NY. Feel free to contact me via email or in twitch.

Looking forward to do great things!

• Like 3

Hi!  I'm Jamie, and I'm the Director of Storefront Operations at OOgie Games.  We've been working with Extra Life for the past two years now, and I'm super-excited that we now have  Buffalo Guild!

I go by StandardDanage on every single gaming platform, as well as YouTube and Twitch.  I'm really looking forward to working with all of you!

• Like 2

Hi everybody! My name is Casey and I work for a major auto dealer in our area. I have been participating in Extra Life since 2014 and it is exciting to see that Extra Life is setting up a local guild for us and Women & Children's Hospital. I am on PS4 and go by "ghostridrr57". I usually game late nights and weekends as I am married and have a two year old son that keep me busy. It was awesome to meet everyone last night at our very first meeting! Just wanted to post here quick to make our presence known to others and I am looking forward to getting together with everyone next month!

• Like 3

Hello folks! Bubba here.  Been doing Extra Life since 2013 and working with Lisa since Build were first mentioned in order to work to get one in our backyard like this.  I captain the Good Job! Gaming team which has roughly 10 active members who all seem very excited to get this going.  

I look forward to meeting with and learning much from many of you, wether it be Cosplay, Table Top (been wanting to learn WarMachine or something similar for a long time), DnD (never seem to get a group together). 

I am on Xbox as I Arh Bubba. Add me and I'll be happy to game anytime.  See you all soon!

• Like 3

Hey everyone! Ryan here and I'm super excited to be a part of the community! I'm mostly involved with the cosplay community all over the US and Canada. I've helped strengthen the cosplay community here in Buffalo and have helped plan some of the bigger conventions here. Outside of Buffalo, I've helped bridge the gap between game developers and their customers by organizing after party events where gamers and developers can talk at a face to face level.

I'm extremely passionate about charity and have been involved with several fundraising projects last year with the Women's and Children's Hospital. This will be my 3rd year participating with Extra Life and I look forward to help this community grow as much as possible!

• Like 3

I'm Dale G. - Bubba and I have done Extra Life since 2013 and it's been something that I've always enjoyed doing a lot. I missed the original meeting due to work conflicts, but I'd like to bring my leadership skills in any capacity that they would be helpful.

• Like 5

I wanted to jump back in this thread and take a second to thank and welcome everyone who posted!  It was great to meet some of you the other night at OOgie Games in Depew.

If you missed the first meeting, no worries!  There's a lot we can cover here in the forums, and there will be monthly meetings, social events, and recruitment drives so there will be plenty of opportunities to meet your fellow Guild members.

Please keep an eye on this forum!  There will be announcements next week regarding leadership, the entertainment committee, and plans for our next meeting! 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2016 at 5:25 PM, Akkadianknight said:

Awesome can't wait to see! Congrats Standard or Jamie! Not sure which you would prefer to be called.

Whichever you prefer!  I'll answer to "Standard," "Damage," or "Jamie."

Just don't call me "Baldy."  :D

• Like 2

Running late to the forum after the meeting, but hi!

My name is Parker.  I'm another one of the Oogie Games employees looking to continue working alongside Extra Life.  You can stop in my store in Lockport and say hi, or drop by when I'm streaming on Twitch (it's usually fighting games with the occasional shooter).

• Like 3

On 4/6/2016 at 10:58 AM, Gryfen Z said:

Running late to the forum after the meeting, but hi!

My name is Parker.  I'm another one of the Oogie Games employees looking to continue working alongside Extra Life.  You can stop in my store in Lockport and say hi, or drop by when I'm streaming on Twitch (it's usually fighting games with the occasional shooter).

Welcome to the forums Parker!

Whats up!!!! 

This is Damian yet another Oogie Employee WHATS UP!!!! I play almost everything on Ps4 Xbone and wii u! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dliszka105 said:

Whats up!!!! 

This is Damian yet another Oogie Employee WHATS UP!!!! I play almost everything on Ps4 Xbone and wii u! 

Welcome to the Forums, Damian!  Good to have you here!

Hey everyone,

I posted under Ryan's UB Con thread, but I'll get my name out in here as well.  I'm Michael Riccio, but everyone just calls me by my last name.  My gamertag/username for everything is Shadowfox4271 or just Shadowfox, if you want to hit me up on Steam or Xbox Live.  I'm super thrilled to be serving as the Guild's secretary.  Moving forward, my role is to keep track of membership and to work on locations for meetings, so I'll likely be in touch with more on those later, but start thinking of places where we would all like to meet and have our monthly meetings. Oogie is amazingly supportive, and I thank Jamie for being so quick to provide space last month and this month, and now it's time to repay that favor and get out into other parts of the community.

Thanks everyone, and can't wait to get this going, I don't want to skip over the entire summer, but November 5th will be here before we know it!

• Like 2

Hey everyone!

My name is Zac, I go by ZacKrell on all gaming platforms. I am yet another Oogie employee from the Niagara Falls location. Feel free to add me on both Xbox Live and PSN!

• Like 2

Hello folks! I know I'm a bit late to the forum here. You can thank being sick and withdrawing from the world for a while for that. Anyways, I'm another Oogie employee working at the Eastern Hills Mall location. My name is Leo and my PSN tag is Shanks1Piece and I'm mostly on at nights or whenever I have free time. This is literally my first year ever getting involved with Extra Life, but I love the program and can't wait to help out!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Shadowfox said:

Hey everyone,

I posted under Ryan's UB Con thread, but I'll get my name out in here as well.  I'm Michael Riccio, but everyone just calls me by my last name.  My gamertag/username for everything is Shadowfox4271 or just Shadowfox, if you want to hit me up on Steam or Xbox Live.  I'm super thrilled to be serving as the Guild's secretary.  Moving forward, my role is to keep track of membership and to work on locations for meetings, so I'll likely be in touch with more on those later, but start thinking of places where we would all like to meet and have our monthly meetings. Oogie is amazingly supportive, and I thank Jamie for being so quick to provide space last month and this month, and now it's time to repay that favor and get out into other parts of the community.

Thanks everyone, and can't wait to get this going, I don't want to skip over the entire summer, but November 5th will be here before we know it!

Thanks Riccio!  

Yes, I'll be handing a lot of those responsibilities to you after the first meeting.  I already have lists of all the email addresses we have, and finding venues to host meetings should be relatively easy!  I know a guy at OOgie...

20 hours ago, ZacKrell said:

Hey everyone!

My name is Zac, I go by ZacKrell on all gaming platforms. I am yet another Oogie employee from the Niagara Falls location. Feel free to add me on both Xbox Live and PSN!

37 minutes ago, LFDIB said:

Hello folks! I know I'm a bit late to the forum here. You can thank being sick and withdrawing from the world for a while for that. Anyways, I'm another Oogie employee working at the Eastern Hills Mall location. My name is Leo and my PSN tag is Shanks1Piece and I'm mostly on at nights or whenever I have free time. This is literally my first year ever getting involved with Extra Life, but I love the program and can't wait to help out!

Welcome Zac and Leo!  It's great to have you both here! 

Hi, I'm deb. My husband and I played board games last year at Collector's Inn for 24 hours. We'd like to make it an annual thing so we're back :)

• Like 2

Welcome Deb and husband! We are more than happy to have you guys aboard. Hopefully will see you guys at the upcoming guild meeting or event.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Akkadianknight said:

Welcome Deb and husband! We are more than happy to have you guys aboard. Hopefully will see you guys at the upcoming guild meeting or event.

if I don't have to work that night I plan on being there.

• Like 1