Row, row, row your boat, gentely down the "stream" - Knoxville, TN - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
arguswolfe

Row, row, row your boat, gentely down the "stream"

Silly title, I know. But then, I'm a silly guy some times.

At the guild meeting on Thursday, I heard a lot of us talking about how we either had been streaming for a while, or were just starting to do streams. There was also a gentleman there who said he would be more than welcome to provide advice and guidelines on streaming to anyone who asked. That being said, I thought it might be a good idea to add this thread to the forum to help make sharing streaming ideas and advice between the guild a bit easier.

Now, I'm very new to the whole streaming game. I started streaming whichever of my games I felt like playing at the time, and more recently decided to narrow my focus to the science fiction genre. I love Sci-Fi, and want to share that love with others, when possible.

Before you ask, the reason I bring this up here is because I also want to be able to use my streaming as a means to help spread awareness of Extra Life to anyone who chooses to view my streams/videos. In order to do that, though, I have to have viewers. So, any advice, stories, suggestions that you other streamers out there have would be greatly appreciated.

In the long run, hopefully we can all help each other, the guild, and Extra Life in general to grow through this incredibly popular form of media.

• Like 1

I have just recently started streaming and doing YouTube content creation as well man. The first time I ever streamed anything was actually my Extra-Life 24 hour marathon last year. Had a great time doing it and just recently upgraded my setup to where I am using an actual capture card and webcam and software and such as opposed to just the Xbox twitch app. Definitely makes a huge difference! I don't know if I really have any amazing tips or tricks so far, as I am still learning, but I do think that if done the right way our collective streams can certainly be a helpful tool for spreading awareness about Extra-Life and raising more money for those Kiddos. It will also be a fun thing to discuss among guild members and build some bonds since it seems to be a common interest for a lot of us! 

On 3/6/2016 at 9:51 AM, arguswolfe said:

Silly title, I know. But then, I'm a silly guy some times.

At the guild meeting on Thursday, I heard a lot of us talking about how we either had been streaming for a while, or were just starting to do streams. There was also a gentleman there who said he would be more than welcome to provide advice and guidelines on streaming to anyone who asked. That being said, I thought it might be a good idea to add this thread to the forum to help make sharing streaming ideas and advice between the guild a bit easier.

Now, I'm very new to the whole streaming game. I started streaming whichever of my games I felt like playing at the time, and more recently decided to narrow my focus to the science fiction genre. I love Sci-Fi, and want to share that love with others, when possible.

Before you ask, the reason I bring this up here is because I also want to be able to use my streaming as a means to help spread awareness of Extra Life to anyone who chooses to view my streams/videos. In order to do that, though, I have to have viewers. So, any advice, stories, suggestions that you other streamers out there have would be greatly appreciated.

In the long run, hopefully we can all help each other, the guild, and Extra Life in general to grow through this incredibly popular form of media.

I noticed you said you were interested in getting into the Star Citizen community. Honestly right now the SC community doesn't have very many Youtubers or streamers, so that would be an excellent "focus" for you to look into getting started. Reddit.com/r/StarCitizen is also pretty kind to new YouTubers and Streamers of the game!