Sapience

Introduce yourselves Champaign-Springfield!

Welcome to the Champaign Guild! We're excited to launch your guild in March and cannot wait to meet you all and work with you as we grow the Extra Life program and help the kids we serve.

Introduce yourself and let's all get to know each other!

I'm Rick, the Community Manager for the Extra Life program. I'm responsible for the entire Extra Life community, but I'm also your go to person for everything Guild related. If you have any questions about the program, need help finding resources, or just want to kick around an idea please feel free to reach out and let me know how I can help!

What's up?! I'm Leland and this'll be my second year doing a little something for Extra Life. Figured I'd drop by, say hi, and see you on Thursday!

• Like 2

Hi My name is Josh and this will be my first year doing Extra Life. I had been doing a 24 hour marathon for Operation: Supply Drop, but do to some unpleasant circumstances I decided to no longer support them.

Being new to this guild I was wondering if there are any events planned in Springfield for the marathon?

If you have any question feel free to ask?  

Hello!  My name is Justin, and along with my wife and 2-year old, this will be my 3rd year raising money for Extra Life.  We live in Oreana, just north of Decatur.  The past two years we've hosted a party at our home on Game Day to try and get more friends & family involved and made aware of the event.  Sadly, I have yet to be able to make it the full 24 hours.  Perhaps this will be the year!

Wishing everyone the best of luck in their fundraising efforts.  Let's do this!

Hi, I'm Trevor.  I'm new to Bloomington and desperately trying to find a group that is doing the marathon this year.  I've been trying for 3 months to get any traction in Bloomington, but there has been zero interest, sadly.  I am now trying to reach out and see if maybe I can travel to a team in a few weeks to play.  

Hello All! Everyone is invited to join us this Saturday at Titan games in Springfield, IL. We'll be hanging out from 2p-4p playing board games.

Hiya. My name is Chris and my son, Chris Jr. (12), and I discovered Extra Life at Gen Con 2016. We'd like to join up and help out. I was watching the Twitch Stream last night and an ELer in the chat from Dallas suggested we start by joining up with this guild. There appears to be no guild in the BloNo/Peoria area yet and I'm not sure I've the time to start a new one yet. We definitely want to try the big event on Nov. 4 and participate in other events. I mean, we're already playing the games so... :) We sometimes come to Springfield for shows or to get my accessible van worked on at United Access and my stepdaughter's family lives in Champaign so we go there, too, some. (Actually, headed to Champaign on March 30 to see Peter Frampton.) So, we can come there for local events, too, as long as the venue is wheelchair accessible.

I, also, do the website for www.flatcon.com and all our event scheduling. FlatCon raises money for Relay For Life. Maybe, we could do an EL event at the con as well? Love to talk to someone about potential synergies between EL and FlatCon.

My geekling and I do a lot of PC, Playstation (3 and 4) and Xbox 360 gaming and I do lot of board/RPG gaming on www.boardgamearena.com and in meatspace with my old guy gamer buds. If it's a game, I'll try it.

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to all my fellow central IL Extra Lifers! This is my 1st  year and am very excited to be able to participate. Hopefully as the years go on I will be able to bring more and more to the table.

Let's help the kids!