Introduce yourselves Albuquerque! - Albuquerque, NM - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sapience

Introduce yourselves Albuquerque!

Welcome to the Albuquerque Guild! We're excited to launch your guild in March and cannot wait to meet you all and work with you as we grow the Extra Life program and help the kids we serve.

Introduce yourself and let's all get to know each other!

I'm Rick, the Community Manager for the Extra Life program. I'm responsible for the entire Extra Life community, but I'm also your go to person for everything Guild related. If you have any questions about the program, need help finding resources, or just want to kick around an idea please feel free to reach out and let me know how I can help!

Hi Rick! Thank you for the warm weclome, I'm very excited that we are launching an Extra Life guild here in Albuquerque! Are you the Extra Life Rep that is flying over here for the launch? I believe I saw you at ELU last week, I wish I could have gotten the chance to talk to you. 

My name is Michael, I've lived in Albuquerque all of my life. This will be my 4th consecutive Extra Life, really excited about this year! My goal this year is to spread the word about Extra Life in Albuquerque. I want to raise awareness and recruit more local gamers so we can grow. Extra Life is a wonderful program with so many amazing people involved. These awesome kids need our help! I'm really looking forward to meeting other local Extra Life participants here and share ideas!

For the kids!

• Like 3

It was very nice meeting you at ELU man! Good luck with the guild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/2/2016 at 3:33 AM, Veeshun said:

Hi Rick! Thank you for the warm weclome, I'm very excited that we are launching an Extra Life guild here in Albuquerque! Are you the Extra Life Rep that is flying over here for the launch? I believe I saw you at ELU last week, I wish I could have gotten the chance to talk to you. 

My name is Michael, I've lived in Albuquerque all of my life. This will be my 4th consecutive Extra Life, really excited about this year! My goal this year is to spread the word about Extra Life in Albuquerque. I want to raise awareness and recruit more local gamers so we can grow. Extra Life is a wonderful program with so many amazing people involved. These awesome kids need our help! I'm really looking forward to meeting other local Extra Life participants here and share ideas!

For the kids!

Hi Michael!  I'm the person the guild will ultimately be working with, but you're actually going to have @DJThunderstix come out and launch the guild. You probably met Liz at Extra Life United.

From your post it sounds like you'd be a great addition to the guild. Guilds are all about recruitment and spreading the word!

On 3/4/2016 at 6:31 AM, Ik0n said:

It was very nice meeting you at ELU man! Good luck with the guild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was very nice meeting you too! Thank you! I'm going to do my best to get this guild off the ground here. Keep in touch!

10 hours ago, Sapience said:

Hi Michael!  I'm the person the guild will ultimately be working with, but you're actually going to have @DJThunderstix come out and launch the guild. You probably met Liz at Extra Life United.

From your post it sounds like you'd be a great addition to the guild. Guilds are all about recruitment and spreading the word!

Awesome! Yes, I had the honor of meeting @DJThunderstix. She was very helpful and very friendly! I can't wait to get to work here in Albuquerque!

Hello everyone my name is Melissa and I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I just joined Extra Life after thinking about it for a while now. I have worked with UNM Children's Hospital before and had the great privilege of having a tour of the wonderful hospital and program they have going there. I want to help the kids as much as I can from over here. I hope to be able to attend a meeting with you guys soon and meet everyone. ^_^

• Like 4

Hello, my name is Jamie "Biosnow" Benninghoff. I have been in and out of the hospital since I was 12, and back then I remember the experience to be scary even at the best of times. I joined Extra Life because I already play a lot of video games and I want kids to have a better experience than what I faced. It was awesome to see everyone who came to the guild launch tonight, I look forward to what we can do in the future!

• Like 3

Hi All! My name is Daniel but I normally go by Zee. This will be my 4th year doing Extra-Life! I just got back from the Guild Launch party at UNM and it was great to see a dedicated group of people and I cant wait to get started planning and attending events to help our cause. 

• Like 4

A huge thanks to @Veeshun for all his help with the 800 questions I have had for him. He's been so helpful. 

• Like 2

Gooooood morrrning NM Extra-Lifers!!!

I am more than excited to be a part of the Albuquerque Extra-Life Guild and cannot wait to work closely with all of the participants I just met last night!

You guys are way past cool. This opportunity to continue to not only give back, but to give back to kids here in New Mexico is extra special. There were a ton of great ideas and minds in that conference room last night and we will be crushing our recruitment goal, just an FYI for members who could not join us yesterday.

My name is Bernardo (omni prime) Gallegos and I am currently a Sophomore Extra-Lifer, last year's experience was eye-opening to just how much I can give back in a few months time. I was a first time participant and plan on participating as long as Extra-Life is around. Having grown up with a love of video games and what some may consider a "normal" childhood, I was beyond floored by the opportunity to do something I love and give back to a fantastic group which supports our very own UNM-Children's Hospital patients. These kids have inspired me to bring Extra-Life into the lives of those around me and share with them the importance of these programs. Video games are a very powerful thing and I hope that I can share some of my favorite franchises and games and those wonderful experiences with others. My Extra-Life goal is to help this guild get the word out to vast gamer community that is here in New Mexico! Can't wait to see you all at the next Albuquerque Guild event!

Also, thanks so much to each participant, Kathryn, UNM Children's Hospital, @DJThunderstix, and Extra-life for getting this group of amazing individuals together. I have a feeling that with this group we can make waves at Extra Life United 2017. I will leave links below for contact info and gamertags.

-omni prime out

Extra-Life  -- XBox GT: omni prime --  Twitch -- Twitter -- Insta

• Like 6

Hello hello everyone!  I'm Galen S. but you all can call me Lea (lay-a)!  I'm a student at NMSU in Las Cruces and this will be my second year working with Extra Life!  I did a 24 hour livestream last year and I'm going to do another this year! 

• Like 4

Hi folks! I'm Chris H and I've been involved with Extra-Life since 2011 when I created and began running the annual marathon event over at Active Imagination in Albuquerque. Less than eight months to go before the sixth one! I'm pretty excited to know the guild's direction is going to be recruitment and not event planning, because I know first hand how much of a force multiplier it is to have extra hands running events. I'm glad to have met y'all at the Wednesday meeting two weeks ago.

Since I get plenty of computer time in my work at Hewlett Packard, I'm mostly an analog (boardgame) player once I leave the office. How about you all?

See you soon!

• Like 1

On March 18, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Leanasta said:

Hello hello everyone!  I'm Galen S. but you all can call me Lea (lay-a)!  I'm a student at NMSU in Las Cruces and this will be my second year working with Extra Life!  I did a 24 hour livestream last year and I'm going to do another this year! 

Hello Galen I am also from Las Cruces! 

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I'm Kathryn, the Program Director for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals at UNM Children's Hospital. I am lucky enough to work with Extra Life, along with other CMNH programs in New Mexico.

If you want to join the Guild, please email me at kathryn.richards@unmfund.org with your name, email address, and location. Oh, and what kind of games you play: console, PC, tabletop, all of the above...! If you attended the Guild launch, you don't need to send me your information again ;)

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!

My name is Matt ‘GeneraLedger’ Richards – and yes, I am an accountant! I have also been a gamer all of my life, starting with Depth Charge on the Apple II, to GoldenEye 007 on the N64, to Halo where I competed in an MLG tournament against the Ogres, to World of Warcraft (of which I dedicated my heart and soul), to Eve Online where I experienced physically uncontrollable shaking as I activated a gate to low sec in a tricked-out battleship. I have an absolute passion for gaming; I love the constant challenges that force you to find new efficiencies and your inner zen. I also love the camaraderie that forms between friends when you’re able to collaborate in these crazy, dangerous, and/or obnoxious alternate realities.

This is why I’m so happy that I was recently introduced to Extra Life! To be able to direct this passion into an initiative that brings so much benefit to our local community is an incredible opportunity. As the inaugural president of the Albuquerque Guild, I look forward to getting to know all of you over the course of this year, and to setting our organization on a positive trajectory. I hope to learn as much as possible from our guild’s veteran extra lifers and to exemplify their values as we continue to form the guild’s culture.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me on the Hub if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas! I look forward to seeing all of you at one of our monthly meetings or recruiting events in the very near future!

Best regards,

• Like 2

Hello all,

My name is Kevin and this will be my first year with extra life. The reason why I am here is to give back to the community through the joy of gaming. Kids and adults alike spend hours of their days distracting themselves of the troubles of their lives through gaming. Being a Store Manager of Gamestop I have found that a lot of people game to get away. Having an organization that can directly impact kids live is incredibly important to me. Being a father myself I could only imagine if my child needed gaming to distract the endless need of a doctors care. I recently held a Gamestop event at the Ronald McDonald House here locally and Im excited to be a part of Extra Life to do much more for kids locally. 

Thank you to Cecil Deveau for getting me involved and introducing me to many of the ABQ guild members. I look forward to many more meeting and event to give back to the amazing Extra Life campaign through the Childrens Miracle Network.

:0)

• Like 2

Hello everyone! I'm a bit behind the ball here, but I am Cecil. 

I serve the Albuquerque community as a Navy Recruiter, and realized that my work uniquely qualifies me to spread the word about Extra Life.

I am more of a board gamer than video gamer, though when time permits I do enjoy me some steam, 3DS and WiiU. 

Also I enjoy breakfast, cats, and breakfasting cats. 

• Like 1

Hi Extra Lifers!

My name is Hannah, and I am a member of Bee The Swarm as well as a new citizen of Albuquerque NM!  I first learned about Extra Life when I began working with The Swarm as a marketing consultant, as we were running a campaign with an Atlanta EL team.  I'm more of a casual gamer, but I was really inspired by the work and support people like you give to the community.  Bee The Swarm has a similar mission:  we create mobile gaming apps, with 100% of that revenue being donated to charities (like Extra Life!).  

I heard about the 5 November game-a-thon and immediate thought of how Swarm and Extra Life could help each other.  We would love to host a cross-promotional event to help boost donations, as well as provide some swag to entice more participants.  I've also been communicating with our local Chive chapter, as they hold similar passions of gaming and giving back, and they are interested in participating as well.  Is anyone hosting a local party, or is looking for a venue, that would be interested in joining our efforts?

Feel free to message me here, or by email (hannah@beetheswarm.com), or through Facebook

Hannah

Bee The Swarm
Marketing Liaison
(c) 440.812.1607
(e) Hannah@beetheswarm.com
(w) BeeTheSwarm.com

Facebook  |  Instagram  |  Twitter