Jillian Ryan

New Introductions! Let's Talk Games!!!

Hey guys! Our little RVA Guild just keeps growing and growing!!!!

I find one of the best ways to get to know someone is by talking about something they like... and since we're all already part of Extra Life... an easy topic is VIDEO GAMES!!!

So let's introduce ourselves and give a quick blurb about what our favorite video game is and why!!!

To kick things off:

My name is Jillian Ryan, I'm the EL RVA Guild President :D

My favorite game of all time (it's hard to pick!) is Chrono Trigger (all variations!).

It was the first game to ever make me tear up and the story will stick with me forever! Also amazing music and great graphics!

chrono-trigger.jpg

• Like 1

*stands up*

Hello my name is Vinny Principe. I'm part of Team Chronohearts headed by the illustrious Jill.

My favorite games are Mother series because of how quirky and fun they can be. You never know what will happen next the first time you play them. I'm also a fan of Assassin's Creed because of my love of history.

Also: Totally dig The Metroid series and The Legend Of Zelda series!

Can't wait to hear from you all!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey all! Keith here--I'm the RVA guild secretary. I'm also the team captain of the VCU Health Extra Life team.

I do so love video games, but my favorite is probably a toss-up between Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 2. Both for different reasons, but both excellent games. 

These days I'm playing Heroes of the Storm, Pillars of Eternity, Tales from the Borderlands, and Fallout 4 in my spare time. Occasional Guild Wars 2, as well! My gamertags are on my profile here. Hit me up for some games sometime!

• Like 3

I should also say that I'm mainly active on PS4 and 360 for the time being. My handles are as follows if you want to add me!

Playstation: Cinemahopper

XBox: Cinemadrunkard

I'll add my steam name eventually when I get a new computer

I sometimes play games. Watch when I do!

www.twitch.tv/cinemahopper

• Like 2

On 3/2/2016 at 3:06 PM, EpicEpileptic said:

I should also say that I'm mainly active on PS4 and 360 for the time being. My handles are as follows if you want to add me!

Playstation: Cinemahopper

XBox: Cinemadrunkard

I'll add my steam name eventually when I get a new computer

I sometimes play games. Watch when I do!

www.twitch.tv/cinemahopper

So glad to have you!

Hi everyone! 

I'm Bobby.  I'm the team Captain of Coin Operated Gamers. 

This year will be my 3rd Extra Life Marathon.

I'm primarily a board gamer, and my favorite may be Innovation or recently, Pandemic Legacy. 

My favorite video game of all time is Civilization. 

You can find me on Steam, Twitch, and Twitter as Quaseymoto.  

On 2/29/2016 at 8:48 PM, Kwickxotic said:

Hey all! Keith here--I'm the RVA guild secretary. I'm also the team captain of the VCU Health Extra Life team.

I do so love video games, but my favorite is probably a toss-up between Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 2. Both for different reasons, but both excellent games. 

These days I'm playing Heroes of the Storm, Pillars of Eternity, Tales from the Borderlands, and Fallout 4 in my spare time. Occasional Guild Wars 2, as well! My gamertags are on my profile here. Hit me up for some games sometime!

Need to poke you on Steam to get your Blizzard username so we can play Heroes of the Storm together. 

• Like 1

Yes! HouseCannith#1883, I believe! All can add me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, Zach Williams here! I look forward to diving into this effort. I made a team for my wife and I named Gricksolisk (mashup of our usual user names theGricks and dracolisk). I play the following:

-Tabletop RPG's (Pathfinder)

-Tabletop Wargames (Warhammer 40k, Infinity the Game, Warmachine/Hordes)

-Boardgames(Mostly all, but I prefer adventure boardgames like Talisman)

-PC Games (...lots...)

-Guild Wars 2, I list this seperately as the wife and I do this one...a looooot.

-PS4, its new, we mostly use it for Crunchyroll, but we ARE open to learning new games!

-TCG's, getting into magic a bit, and played a lot of L5R.

I enjoy conventions, studying cosplay (I have yet to actually dive into it, but its an amazing hobby), renfaires, camping, and technology. I work in Carytown for Techport 13, a company of consultants who specialize in providing developer support and construction of help desk and IT infrastructure management software for fortune 500 companies. We are in carytown not as a shop but...well we enjoyed it so we bought one of the places available. No regrets so far!

I look forward to getting to know folks in the future, and hope to do what I can for the kids!

• Like 3

Hey all, Mack here.

I rarely use my PS4 or Xbox 360 these days, I much prefer the games the PC provides me.

Steam: Mackeyp42

I started writing for a video game / entertainment review website about 6 months ago (www.brutalgamer.com), and have loved the broad range of games it has brought to my attention. 2015 was my first go-round in the extra life marathon day, and it was a blast. Hopefully we raise more money next year!

• Like 3

Hello all!!!

I moved to Fredericksburg a couple months ago. I am ready to game again this year!!!! I enjoy lots of RPGs, FPSs, I have also grown to enjoy table games like Battlestar Galatica. Look forward to working with everyone!!!

Darrin

• Like 2

On 3/17/2016 at 8:14 PM, Vausabant said:

Hello all!!!

I moved to Fredericksburg a couple months ago. I am ready to game again this year!!!! I enjoy lots of RPGs, FPSs, I have also grown to enjoy table games like Battlestar Galatica. Look forward to working with everyone!!!

Darrin

Woo! Happy to have you! I too love the BSG game--I've raged at some friends over their ability to deceive me in that game, though.

Do you make it down to RVA often? Fredericksburg can be a bit of a trek! 

Hey everyone! I'm LongwoodGeek otherwise known as Gerry Martin. I've been with Jill and Team Chronohearts from the beginning and believe it or not I'm NOT from Richmond! I live about 2.5 hours away in Bedford, VA but I've known Jill forever and wanted to help the awesome kids. Having been in hospitals a lot as a kid I know what its like and I don't want any more kids to have to go through anything like what I did or if they have to then I want to at least make it more bearable. 

I'm an avid gamer of all types: Pen and Paper, Video Game, and some Board Games.

I collect games and systems and have a TON of retro stuff at my house. My collection, which I will be updating soon, is at http://www.gerrymartin.info/videogamecollection.htm and my blog is there as well, just remove the last part of the URL. 

I have a lot of contacts in the game industry as well so if anyone needs to reach out to someone, odds are good I know how or can find out.

Anyway, I look forward to finally being on the forums here (been slacking and haven't joined them yet). :D

If I can help you in any way, just let me know!

Gerry

• Like 2

Hello all;

My name is Pres Garrett and my favorite game of all time is Tribes 2. I loved playing this game competitively, get me traveling to LANs all over the south, taught me how to run my own teams, use mIRC, teamspeak, and allowed me endless hours of fun.

Tribes_2_cover.jpg

Hey guys, my name is Michael! =D  I've been streaming on Twitch a lot more often lately as I've gotten into speedrunning, mostly typing games and Link's Awakening.  My favorite game of all time is Earthbound, but Secret of Evermore takes a close second.  I came to the site today looking to see what the plans were for Extra Life on November 5th.  I can't promise I can dedicate myself to anything specific today, but I'd like to come to a meeting and see what the group gets involved in  The only thing I really know about Extra Life is the 24-hour marathon day.

• Like 1

Welcome any and all new guild members. Take a minute to introduce yourself in this thread.

Howdy All,

My name is Devin. Very new to this community but really looking forward to getting involved. My favorite game(s) have to be the Mass Effect trilogy and, more recently, Fallout 4. Still getting into this flow of working so hopefully next time I'll be able to drop by and put a face to a name. 

Welcome Devin. Glad to have you with us! Bioware's always been about the fantasy for me (From Baldur's Gate to Dragon Age) but I know there's plenty of love for the ME Trilogy here.