Novus'Olm

Stream Overlay PS4?

Disclaimer: I've never streamed before. On like anything.

Is there a way to put the Extra Life overlays and donation alerts on PS4 streams?

4 minutes ago, Novus'Olm said:

Disclaimer: I've never streamed before. On like anything.

Is there a way to put the Extra Life overlays and donation alerts on PS4 streams?

Nope. Sony hasn't added overlay functions to their twitch settings. You get the default PS4 view with no options.

Like Sapience said, you can only use what the PS4 has available with their streaming service which is not much at all. No overlays, alerts, or anything like that.

However, if you have a PC you can purchase a capture card such as an Elgato or AverMedia and then you can capture the PS4 and use your PC to live stream. That will allow you to use all the bells and whistles of streaming. Unfortunately the Capture cards aren't cheap and depending if you have a PC readily available to stream then of course PCs are not cheap either. 

Some news on this, I posted in the Playstation section of the forums about it but the new remote play feature allows you play on your PC - which means you can now easily stream with whatever overlay you want from there.

I have a pretty high-powered setup and I'm not sure how well it would work to do with most computers. It's tailored for you to be able to play, not necessarily stream, and eats up bandwidth for the former option.

But it's definitely worth trying!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/05/playstation-3-50-system-software-update-out-tomorrow/

• Like 1

Does anyone have a reliable guide for OBS use? I could never figure it out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, MajorLinux said:

Does anyone have a reliable guide for OBS use? I could never figure it out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Sean Rooney just posted about this....he might have a good rundown. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sean Rooney said:

Some news on this, I posted in the Playstation section of the forums about it but the new remote play feature allows you play on your PC - which means you can now easily stream with whatever overlay you want from there.

I have a pretty high-powered setup and I'm not sure how well it would work to do with most computers. It's tailored for you to be able to play, not necessarily stream, and eats up bandwidth for the former option.

But it's definitely worth trying!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/05/playstation-3-50-system-software-update-out-tomorrow/

How well does it remotely play? I know when I played with my Vita it worked great but sometimes there would be lag or the screen would look very pixelated. But this was a very long time ago when I did this so I am curious if the remote play has gotten a lot better especially now that we can do it on pc. I'll still use my capture card for streaming but I am curious about playing at a remote location. 

The remote play has improved a lot on the PSTV, which basically mimics a Vita anyways.

I only played about 10 minutes (until I died haha), but it definitely doesn't look as good in 720/60. But it controlled as well as I could hope, didn't notice any lag.

I should try some faster-paced games on it to test responsiveness.

12 minutes ago, Sean Rooney said:

The remote play has improved a lot on the PSTV, which basically mimics a Vita anyways.

I only played about 10 minutes (until I died haha), but it definitely doesn't look as good in 720/60. But it controlled as well as I could hope, didn't notice any lag.

I should try some faster-paced games on it to test responsiveness.

I used it on USFIV and it worked great. I was testing on a MBP and PS4 that were both hard-wired on gigabit switches. I still think that it is going over through the Internet before coming back down, though.

• Like 1

Just to share. I have been using the PC Remote Play for livestreaming and it has been excellent. I have the ps4 wired and the pc wired, so there is only a very small amount of lag (just enough to make pinball arcade quite a bit more difficult.) But,  I am loving it. Keep in mind, if you use this, be sure to change the remote play settings to improve the video quality. 

• Like 2

Hi guys!!!,

Just to add more information to this topic. I stream with PS4 remote play, I believe this is the best way to use custom overlays, logos, messages and play with PS4. 

I use my TV to see and play the game, my joystick is connected to my PC working via PS4 RP, OBS is taking captures from PS4 RP and sending it to Twitch.

PS4 RM is a good alternative for PS4 players, I recommend it but I think that Sony must work on some improvements. Streaming is a common thing these days.

My suggestions:

- PS4 RM uses internet access and OBS too, this is not a LAN (internal) access between devices like your printer, computers, etc.  
- Get a good quality connectivity. PS4 remote is good to stream but not to play unless you have a good connectivity, it consumes much bandwidth and it you play when low quality you cannot see correctly the screen and probably would give you headache. HD quality is the best option.
- Use cables with your PS4 and computers, Wireless connection is erratic with PS4 RM because it consumes much bandwidth. If you don't have alternative, use your PS4 and computer close to your wi-fi modem, router or whatever you have to avoid obstacles.
- When you are using PS4 RM, you cannot share from your PS4, be aware of that, you have to use OBS. The advantage here is you can close your game, change it, use spotify, record video from your computer, etc and your stream won't stop at any moment this is the main disadvantage streaming from PS4 directly, it is prepared just for simple stream.

• Like 1