Prospect List - Atlanta, GA - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Vadath

Prospect List

Hello Guild,

So with 2016 already one month gone and Feb starting is a rush, the leadership wanted to give the Guild a full list of possible events that the Guild Leadership will be contacting so that Extra Life can be represented with either with a booth or table to help the guild recruit more people for Extra Life.  The hope here is that now that everyone can view the upcoming events; you the viewers, can plan to attend or even provide the Guild Leaders with other events we may not be aware of that are taking place around the Greater Atlanta Area.  All tabs should be view-able but only the Guild Leadership with have edit rights. So if you don't see your favorite event listed in the 2016 tab please reply to this topic with the name, date, and possible contact (if known) so the list can get updated!

The other tabs are also open for suggestions and additions so please be sure that you state which tab you are making the suggestion/recommendation and we will get it updated.  So here is the link that has been generated for your review, suggestions, and other comments.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PHih554MWsvxPtY9UncjbcfPEmFCZkwBUmlWzEUgzRE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2

Woohoo! Let us know if any of these need volunteers! I'd love to help with a booth this year :) 

• Like 3

That sounds great!  We have already reached out to the first few events in Feb and March and will update the list accordingly.  Once and event has confirmed a table is available we will then generate a forums link with a sign up sheet type entry. 

• Like 2

RDU being a little nosey and checking stuff out.  I LOVE the list of possible events for the year.  VERY detailed.  Excellent work. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AndrewRDU said:

RDU being a little nosey and checking stuff out.  I LOVE the list of possible events for the year.  VERY detailed.  Excellent work. 

The info is here to share! Feel free to take ideas or share some yourself! :D It's how we grow ^-^

On 3/18/2016 at 1:13 PM, AndrewRDU said:

Yes, we are always looking to add to this list, so if you have an event you think the Atlanta Guild should be involved with please post it here and we will get it added to the list and begin the process of connecting with the organizers (unless you have already done so) to get a fan booth/table so we can recruit more member to Exta Life Marathon.

Whew!  ok Much needed updates to the Prospect list.  We have trimmed it down, but I am sure there will be more adding this week.  These were the events we had the most success with last year.  The Leadership team is hoping to focus on just a few events this year.  We will be looking for some much needed volunteers to help with each event.  Check your calendars and start making plans to help volunteer.  MomoCon is just around the corner, so be watching for a sign up sheet this week!

Happened to read through your list- No Dragon*Con? Not sure if you've tried before or not, but I've got good friends in Atlanta who might be able to help you establish some connections.

• Like 1

Is Pride something that can be considered? (I have no idea how the vendor booths work/cost/etc.) But it is usually a great event for charitable groups. It is the weekend of October 13-15th.

• Like 1

Three down and three to go! 

With our shortened list of Cons/Expo the year will go by quick.  DreamHack 2017 is next.  July 21-23, I can't believe we are already half way through the year!

On 5/1/2017 at 10:48 PM, JustLizzy said:

Is Pride something that can be considered? (I have no idea how the vendor booths work/cost/etc.) But it is usually a great event for charitable groups. It is the weekend of October 13-15th.

Hummm!!!  Good question Lizzy.  This is something I had not considered.  I will mull it over with Leadership and see what we can do.  

Thanks for the Suggestion - :)

On 4/17/2017 at 7:40 AM, K8Morosky said:

Happened to read through your list- No Dragon*Con? Not sure if you've tried before or not, but I've got good friends in Atlanta who might be able to help you establish some connections.

@K8Morosky

Our connections through MomoCon are paving the way for DragonCon!  We are still working this angle but the behemoth remains just out of reach.  Believe me when I say the Atlanta Guild has been trying to corner this Con since our inception.  Every time we think we have it cornered it hits us with a huge tail lash and lumbers off!  But we are are still motivated and dedicated to getting this Con on our Prospect List!

• Like 1