How do you get people's attention, and get them to donate? - Page 2 - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
TheGiant

How do you get people's attention, and get them to donate?

6 hours ago, Shiggitay said:

This'll be my first EL, and instead of starting a new thread I'll ask what I wanted to here:

Do we have to use the EL template when streaming? I have one I'm using for one particular game, but I could easily design one for each of the games I plan on playing this year.

Welcome to the madness, friend! As far as I know there aren't really any rules for streaming unless you get a spot on the official stream team rotation. So I'd say do whatever feels right. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, K8Morosky said:

Welcome to the madness, friend! As far as I know there aren't really any rules for streaming unless you get a spot on the official stream team rotation. So I'd say do whatever feels right. :)

When you say "official stream team rotation" how would I get into it? And cool. Also here's the template I'll be using for at least part of the time.

ShiggitayPlaysProjectDivaTemplate.png

5 minutes ago, K8Morosky said:

You can apply for the official stream team here:

Interesting... How does this impact if I want to go solo on Game Day?

Use whatever you want. They can't exactly police it, but by giving you some resources the hope is it's easier for you to set up

• Like 1

I'll say that that overlay certainly got my attention!

Welcome to the madhouse!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

I'll say that that overlay certainly got my attention!

Welcome to the madhouse!

Haha thanks. I plan on making different overlays for the different game segments I'm planning to do.

2 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

Use whatever you want. They can't exactly police it, but by giving you some resources the hope is it's easier for you to set up

Okay so I can literally start at 12noon and end at 12noon the next day if I decide to go solo?

• Like 1

You can do it however you like. Play one hour or 96. Play today or five years from now. Play basketball or Klondike. What's important is that you tell people what you are doing and ask them to help you by making a donation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sean Rooney said:

You can do it however you like. Play one hour or 96. Play today or five years from now. Play basketball or Klondike. What's important is that you tell people what you are doing and ask them to help you by making a donation.

Okay cool. Will do. :)

I always do a custom overlay. The key thing for Extra Life is to leave some space for the donation alerts so you can gin up excitement as people donate.

22 minutes ago, djotaku said:

I always do a custom overlay. The key thing for Extra Life is to leave some space for the donation alerts so you can gin up excitement as people donate.

Yeah I have a custom overlay I made for one of my games I play... I posted it earlier in this thread. I plan on making different ones for all the games I plan on playing on my EL "shift". lol

Yeah, I started out with one like yours - the standard two rectangles. I've been moving towards favoring full screen gaming and minimal overlay since I'm trying to raise money all-year long as I often can't participate in the entire 24hrs on gameday.

EG: my TF2 Overlay:

• Like 1