Pin Exchange - Page 2 - Extra Life United 2016 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
K8Morosky

Pin Exchange

I'm not qualified to answer Derek but we just got here tonight too. Hi! We sort of made our own pins - I really don't know what the kids will hand out exactly. Former attendees would know if what you're considering is appropriate or overkill! Regardless I'd hope nobody feels pressured to do anything. No expectation of it.

11 hours ago, Derek.will85 said:

So is the pin trading where we trade Disney pins with the kids? ( this ) I just got here and have time to grab me some from downtown disney if this is what it is.

Not quite. The pin exchange isn't a Disney thing really. It's pins that represent something about the giver. So a kid might hand you a pin from their hospital and you can give them something back if you want. Here are some from last time that I have attached to my 2014 medal as a reference: 

image.jpeg

Edited by K8Morosky
Pics didn't upload
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, K8Morosky said:

Not quite. The pin exchange isn't a Disney thing really. It's pins that represent something about the giver. So a kid might hand you a pin from their hospital and you can give them something back if you want. Here are some from last time that I have attached to my 2014 medal as a reference: 

How many pins do people need to plan on having?

9 minutes ago, Derek.will85 said:

How many pins do people need to plan on having?

I think @Sapience said there are 64 champions. 

• Like 1

Also thought the 60s' number was tossed around a few time. Like I said before, I ended up custom ordering some buttons. Figured the leftovers I'd trade with other ELers! :D

• Like 1

I can confirm the number is 64. You'll know them out and about by their red and white shirts. Also of note, their siblings - who go through a lot too and deserve our attention and respect - will wear blue and white shirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

I can confirm the number is 64. You'll know them out and about by their red and white shirts. Also of note, their siblings - who go through a lot too and deserve our attention and respect - will wear blue and white shirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for mentioning this- I'm sure I'm not the only one who hadn't considered siblings too. I'm glad I have extra pins!

Apparently there are upwards of 200 siblings so our 100 pins aren't enough. We will only give to the champion kids

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sean Rooney said:

Apparently there are upwards of 200 siblings so our 100 pins aren't enough. We will only give to the champion kids

Oh my! Maybe I'll have to triple my order for next year then!

• Like 2

Oh yikes! That is an insanely awesome number! Haha, next year for sure! We're all learning as we go :D

• Like 1

We are bringing some stickers and pins. This is my fiest ELU and I'm so pumped! Hope to meet a lot of fellow extra lifers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1