Gaming News:The Humble Store's Winter Sale - Deals and Charity - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:The Humble Store's Winter Sale - Deals and Charity

HumbleWinter2016-970.jpg.76af9397fb0e498

The Humble Store carefully timed their sale this year to miss the massive onslaught of Steam and GOG bargains during the holiday rush. Their winter sale is definitely still occurring during the winter season, just with less competition. 

The sale goes from now until January 29th at 10am PST. While Steam might have forgone timed deals and surprises in favor of flatly exposing every discount from the start, Humble Store will be having a huge selection of on sale items from the start while also timing bargains that swap out every few days. Humble Store will also be offering 'build your own bundles' throughout the sale period, allowing customers to build bundles of games offered by select publishers and developers. 

10% of the purchases made during the sale go to the charity of your choice. Unfortunately, we here at Extra Life don't quite have the systems in place for people to give to Extra Life (though that will definitely be coming in the near future). However, people can give to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, the parent charity of Extra Life, to at least tangentially support Extra Life's mission. If sorting through a list of 30,000 charities sounds like too much work, here is a direct referral link that will automatically select CMN Hospitals as your Humble charity of choice. 

What games have you been buying during the various winter sales late 2015 and early 2016?

View full article

Picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer this past season of sales. Pretty fun so far. Added custom music after beating the boss of each zone, fun to see how the game processes beats from different songs. Local co-op is pretty cool too :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cptjecht said:

Picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer this past season of sales. Pretty fun so far. Added custom music after beating the boss of each zone, fun to see how the game processes beats from different songs. Local co-op is pretty cool too :D

Have you ever played Audiosurf? It's another game that you can add custom soundtracks to, and the game deciphers each song you put in and turns it into a roller coaster of sorts and you can "ride your music." HIGHLY recommend it and the sequel Audiosurf 2

Just now, TheTolsonator said:

Have you ever played Audiosurf? It's another game that you can add custom soundtracks to, and the game deciphers each song you put in and turns it into a roller coaster of sorts and you can "ride your music." HIGHLY recommend it and the sequel Audiosurf 2

Yeah! I played that a handful. I went through a bout of looking up games that used your own music, Audiosurf was pretty fun. I enjoyed Symphony and The Polynomial a lot as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cptjecht said:

Yeah! I played that a handful. I went through a bout of looking up games that used your own music, Audiosurf was pretty fun. I enjoyed Symphony and The Polynomial a lot as well.

While I haven't played any of those, it's great to find someone who has also played Audiosurf. I think I bought it way back around release and spent hours talking it up to everyone I could. Experimenting with songs in that game was one of the coolest things ever and just getting wrecked when it threw corkscrews and loops at me. I think those games would be excellent in VR, if I ever got the chance.

Also, I'd recommend Galak-Z. I've heard that has custom soundtrack compatibility, as well as audio queues to make certain songs pop up IIRC.

5 minutes ago, TheTolsonator said:

I think those games would be excellent in VR, if I ever got the chance.

Oh jeez I couldn't even imagine. As long as your vision isn't in the car/ship!

8 minutes ago, TheTolsonator said:

Also, I'd recommend Galak-Z. I've heard that has custom soundtrack compatibility, as well as audio queues to make certain songs pop up IIRC.

I'll make sure to add it to my list!