Extra Life United Games - Page 2 - Extra Life United 2016 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
MedievalMelody

Extra Life United Games

Reading all of this is getting me so excited to go and experience this.Can't wait to meet some of these kids and hear their amazing stories. To add to the sub-plot of this topic.. here is my information..

PSN: Ik0n88x

XBL: Ik0n88x

Twitch: Ik0n88

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

If anyone is waiting to find out if they have a better chance of winning before signing up, I really feel they've lost the point of why Extra Life exists.

This is about helping children's hospitals. The gaming is but a means to that end. If you're basing your commitment on your proficiency at select games and not altruism through the charity aspect of this organization, I really think Extra Life United isn't for you.

Or maybe it is. Maybe you will get there, meet some of those champion children and learn from their struggles, what they've overcome in life.

Would it be nice if a list was announced when organizers said it would be? Sure, but it's not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things.

ELU is about community. It is an amazing opportunity to earn some money for your hospital, yes, but my ELU 2014 fam can attest to the community we have from this experience. "Stay on target" as Sean suggests, it's bigger than us.

I get freaking weepy nearly every time I think about it. See ya'll soon. 

• Like 4

I would have gone last time, but I did not hear about it until too late.  I am super excited to go and meet with everyone.

It's so weird, people at my work don't understand why I'm doing this if I'm not winning any money for me.  But then again, none of them game. :P  

Also, I will totally join the id train!

Twitch, Steam, Discord, and PSN - PlotSpackle

Oh yeah, IDs - Mine are all on my profile here, but for the lazy, I'm on twitch as PghK8Bit. I don't stream or anything. I'm more of a voyeur. Then for pretty much everything else, you'll find me as Katidamo.

Check your emails! Only Rocket League and Catan announced as "for sure" games - awesome, the two games I've been playing the most these last few months!

• Like 2

Heck yeah! Can't wait for ELU to arrive! :D I'm counting down the days (and the games) till it arrives. Anyone know how and even if the event will be streamed? I've got a gaming night club (that's correct you read that right) that is looking to possibly hold event(s) over the 2 days of the tournament. Though they cant really put the tournament on the TV's if its not being streamed XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoodedarche0 said:

Heck yeah! Can't wait for ELU to arrive! :D I'm counting down the days (and the games) till it arrives. Anyone know how and even if the event will be streamed? I've got a gaming night club (that's correct you read that right) that is looking to possibly hold event(s) over the 2 days of the tournament. Though they cant really put the tournament on the TV's if its not being streamed XD

It was streamed last year on the Official channel twitch.tv/extralife4kids, I would imagine they would do this again, @Sapience?

• Like 1

I'm so pump to get meet all of you! This will be my first ELU. If anyone want to practice here are my tags:

PSN- filitustrein

XB-filitustrein

Twitch- fiitustrein

I won't be competing at ELU, but I am happy to help with the practice. 

PSN: Tiny415

Steam: Tiny415

XBL: Tiny415 (for the eventual X1 version)

I'm up for a little practice as well!

PSN - majorlinux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Playing Rocket League tonight, 5 p.m. Mountain. Find me on Twitter (@seanrooney), would love to get games in with some of you today!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bacchanalian said:

Anyone know if the PC track will use controllers or mouse and keyboard for Rocket League?

@DJThunderstix would you be the one to ask?

I would think that it would be easy enough to bring your own controller and plug it in (if you're using an Xbox controller). RL is one of those games you kind of have to use a controller, so I don't see why you couldn't do that :D Also feel free to add me on steam here! http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattloomin

Added.  Will be playing later in the afternoon, need to grab an Xbox controller to play with.  Been using mouse and keyboard and it feels clunky.

This is a great little series of videos for us newbies btw.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I use a PS4 controller with a software mod so my PC thinks it's an XBox controller.

Easy game to jump in to, a lot harder to be an expert at. I play a lot but am pretty horrible. Still fun though! I'm sure I'll be glad I chose the tabletop track!

• Like 1

Allright, Extra Life University is a go!  We will be practicing every night this week at about 9 PM Central time.  Come join in the learning over at my Twitch!

I plan on bringing my own contoller, I really hope the don't make us play with the keyboard.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Plotspackle said:

Allright, Extra Life University is a go!  We will be practicing every night this week at about 9 PM Central time.  Come join in the learning over at my Twitch!

I plan on bringing my own contoller, I really hope the don't make us play with the keyboard.

Awesome! I think if we all bring our controllers there is strength in numbers :D  #PCTrackHype

I may join you in practice some nights as well if that's cool with you!

• Like 3

On 2/2/2016 at 11:10 AM, Plotspackle said:

On 2/2/2016 at 4:41 PM, Loomin said:

Awesome! I think if we all bring our controllers there is strength in numbers :D  #PCTrackHype

I may join you in practice some nights as well if that's cool with you!

I'm a little late to the conversation, but I'd be really interested in joining in on some practice matches this week if they're still going on!

I decided to embrace the keyboard (since I don't own a controller), and it isn't so bad once you've put some time into it! However, this comment was never made if they end up requiring the use of keyboards! :unsure:

So I take it we play a mix of games? Just Dance 2015... I don't know about that... lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ik0n said:

So I take it we play a mix of games? Just Dance 2015... I don't know about that... lol

Thank God for the PC track!

Answers are in the emails we've received:

"Extra Life United 2016 will feature a round robin style tournament, where participants accumulate points for their performance each round. Participants will be placed in pods of 4-8 players depending on the track (PC, Console or Tabletop) and play a few different games with points being awarded to each round’s winners."

" Note that we won't have time to get to all of the games listed so choose wisely on which games you spend your time practicing."

• Like 2