Extra Life United Games - Extra Life United 2016 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
MedievalMelody

Extra Life United Games

Recommended Posts

Any idea when they are going to announce the games for Extra Life United? I need to plan about 20 game nights to practice. ;) Can't wait to meet all of you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they said sometime in January they would announce it, Personally I am going the PC track and need all the practice I can get! I wonder if....I can use a console controller :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 11 days of January left! :o If any Extra Life staff need help picking games, I'd be happy to provide a list of all the games I'm great at! Kappa.... :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! Can't wait! I noticed you said some... Are there going to be some games played that will be surprises/unannounced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully ya'll are finding partners that are helping Extra Life in some way.  Because they should know that as soon as the list is announced, every last one of us is going to go out and buy every last one of them to practice!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bacchanalian said:

Hopefully ya'll are finding partners that are helping Extra Life in some way.  Because they should know that as soon as the list is announced, every last one of us is going to go out and buy every last one of them to practice!

 

That's a good excuse to get together for a guild meeting, yeah? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could even make groups here on these forums and create lobbies and all practice together. That way we can also learn our competition as well  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being in the tabletop track this year, there is such a vast difference in types of game, just knowing if they intend to do more Euro or More American would be helpful in practicing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the ELU FAQ (http://www.cvent.com/events/extra-life-united-2016/faqs-9933e3cc33934a2687a577a4f2bbd3fb.aspx)
"Question: What games will be played?"
"Answer: Game selection will be announced in January to give you ample practice time!"

 

Only 5 days left in January...:unsure: 

 

So hopefully soon, right guys? Only 28 practice days left! :o

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured as the day got closer these forums would be hopping with activity but it seems the opposite is true as the day gets closer it is turning into a ghost town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a guild meeting this past Friday at a board game cafe - I tried a couple new games but had hoped we'd have a list so I could pick up a couple more!

 

Oh well. I chose the tabletop stream because I figure I'll have less chance of being blown out! It'll be fun either way though.

 

I am wondering if the lack of registrants (far less than 500) will force a change in plans too. I'm cool with whatever happens, so long as I still get to play something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha yeah, I think we're all just anxiously awaiting more information as to what's going on and if the tracks will remain as such due to less than 500 folks signing up. Regardless, I'm still super pumped to game with all of you! 

 

Speaking of which, to add on to the skype or stream games together, would anyone be interested swapping gamertags? :D

 

Also also! I plan on doing some additional activities AFTER hours, if anyone is interested. I'd love to get some interviews with willing participants about various things for my vlog.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm GomerStraw on PSN, Steam, iOS GameCenter, Twitch... Feel free to hit me up. Though I think Gnomedic follows me on most of those already!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox - theBeardedCripl

Steam - ironsides24

Skype - ironsides24

Twitch - theBeardedCripl

 

Feel free to add me wherever. Practicing together will be helpful. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, futiles said:

Being in the tabletop track this year, there is such a vast difference in types of game, just knowing if they intend to do more Euro or More American would be helpful in practicing.

 

That is what I am wondering as well futiles! I need to get my practice on, but I have no idea where to begin. Do you know what you will practice if we don't find out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

We had a guild meeting this past Friday at a board game cafe - I tried a couple new games but had hoped we'd have a list so I could pick up a couple more!

 

Oh well. I chose the tabletop stream because I figure I'll have less chance of being blown out! It'll be fun either way though.

 

I am wondering if the lack of registrants (far less than 500) will force a change in plans too. I'm cool with whatever happens, so long as I still get to play something.


You are probably correct in that they are waiting to get a sort of "final headcount" in order to choose the games, but I know some were waiting to register until the game lists actually were revealed, so that is sort of self-defeating.

We definitely need the games list soon in order to amply practice.... Kind of disappointed in a lack of anything so far with only 5 (4 now) days until January ends. I feel especially bad for those doing tabletop who may not have ample time to get games going if they've never played them before.

Here's my steam in the meantime! http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattloomin

Better hear some games before Friday or GG, I'm pulling out the pitchforks!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is waiting to find out if they have a better chance of winning before signing up, I really feel they've lost the point of why Extra Life exists.

This is about helping children's hospitals. The gaming is but a means to that end. If you're basing your commitment on your proficiency at select games and not altruism through the charity aspect of this organization, I really think Extra Life United isn't for you.

Or maybe it is. Maybe you will get there, meet some of those champion children and learn from their struggles, what they've overcome in life.

Would it be nice if a list was announced when organizers said it would be? Sure, but it's not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ironsides24 said:

Xbox - theBeardedCripl

Steam - ironsides24

Skype - ironsides24

Twitch - theBeardedCripl

 

Feel free to add me wherever. Practicing together will be helpful. 

Added you on twitch! I'll get you on steam when I'm at a PC tomorrow. :D

 

My contacts, for anyone:

PS4: Gnomedic

Steam: Gnomedic

Twitch: Gnomedic

BNet: Gnomedic#1291

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

If anyone is waiting to find out if they have a better chance of winning before signing up, I really feel they've lost the point of why Extra Life exists.

This is about helping children's hospitals. The gaming is but a means to that end. If you're basing your commitment on your proficiency at select games and not altruism through the charity aspect of this organization, I really think Extra Life United isn't for you.

Or maybe it is. Maybe you will get there, meet some of those champion children and learn from their struggles, what they've overcome in life.

Would it be nice if a list was announced when organizers said it would be? Sure, but it's not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things.

 

An excellent point! I agree that ELU is so much more than the games. That's why my husband and I registered so early on. (I think we might have been in the first 10 people to sign up, lol.)

 

So while the games didn't affect our decision to attend again, it would certainly be nice to know what they are. I just really need to channel my excitement somewhere until next month - Otherwise I might lose what's left of my mind. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sean Rooney said:

If anyone is waiting to find out if they have a better chance of winning before signing up, I really feel they've lost the point of why Extra Life exists.

This is about helping children's hospitals. The gaming is but a means to that end. If you're basing your commitment on your proficiency at select games and not altruism through the charity aspect of this organization, I really think Extra Life United isn't for you.

Or maybe it is. Maybe you will get there, meet some of those champion children and learn from their struggles, what they've overcome in life.

Would it be nice if a list was announced when organizers said it would be? Sure, but it's not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things.

 

Totally agree with all of this! I'm excited most of all to meet some of the kids that all of our hard work and efforts go towards each year and to really gain that connection as to why I do Extra Life every year. :)  Most of all, to me Extra Life United is an inspiration tool to make me work harder in 2016 for our hospital and all the amazing kids it helps! I signed up the moment it was available as well, and like K8 said, I'm just looking for something to throw my excitement at which is why I'm so interested in the games list! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...