Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone!

As we all know, promoting and talking about Extra Life is how we reach our goals! There are some great hashtags going currently so if you utilize social media then take advantage of these!

Even if you are not a part of these specific hashtags, it's important to use them in general discussions to raise awareness!

*NOTE* Always pair your hashtag with an #ExtraLife tag. This will allow for more visibility and better association! (ex. "join the #extralife #streamteam")

If you know of any other hashtags that are being used, list them in the comments below and I will add them to this post.

Current Hashtags

• #ForTheKids or #FTK (a way to quickly notate what Extra Life is all about!)
  • #StreamTeam (used to talk about the official extra life Twitch channel and it's streamers. Details HERE)
  • #100DaysofGaming (used to reference a promotional effort of gamers gaming for 100 days straight leading up to Game Day - details HERE)
  • #FFFriday (Final Fantasy Friday - while not a direct promotion of Extra Life, this is a group of Extra Lifers who play FF games with their communities and talk about the charity - details HERE)
  • Like 2

I came here to share #100DaysOfGaming and you already have it! :D 

There's a group of Extra Life Streamers that have started #FFFriday (Final Fantasy Friday) Where we play FFXIV with our community and anyone that wants to play but it's not limited to just that game. #FFFriday can be any Final Fantasy game. Now #FFFriday doesn't directly promote #ExtraLife but rather something fun that us all Extra Lifers can participate in/with and while we are doing it of course talk about Extra Life to our viewers and followers. If I need to I can make a thread all about #FFFriday so that you can link it in this thread. Just let me know!

• Like 2

Thanks! I'll add it to the list.

I totally think it deserves its own thread so people know about it and can join you guys! Just let me know if you decide to make one and I'll link it.

• Like 1

Is #ForTheKids not "Extra Life official"? I always used it with Extra Life stuff but seems its been adopted by other charities now too so was never sure... I still like ending tweets with it but guess an open discussion might be nice ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, I believe #ForTheKids and/or #FTK are ones that are used! I forgot about those. Thanks @gektek!

On 12/23/2015 at 10:30 PM, gektek said:

Is #ForTheKids not "Extra Life official"? I always used it with Extra Life stuff but seems its been adopted by other charities now too so was never sure... I still like ending tweets with it but guess an open discussion might be nice ;)

I think #ForTheKids and #FTK is related with CMN Hospitals. I don't know if Extra Life started them or not but I use them all the time with Extra Life so that people can see that Extra Life is For The Kids.