Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:Hideo Kojima Officially Leaves Konami and Starts New Studio

Kojima1-970.jpg.e19378a4f4e6e9c99cca3a32

After months of wondering what has been going on behind the scenes at Konami, Hideo Kojima has officially broken ties with the company. The developer of the Metal Gear franchise announced the formation of a new development studio called Kojima Productions with its stated goal to "push the boundaries in innovation and ignite consumer interest worldwide." Alongside the formation of Kojima Productions, the developer took to the internet with Sony's Andrew House to make public a partnership between Sony and the newly formed Kojima Productions. Watching the somewhat subdued announcement video you can definitely tell how excited both Kojima and House are to be able to formally announce their partnership. 

Though Kojima's new studio is independent, the partnership with Sony has made the as yet unannounced first title from the company a collaborative effort between Sony and Kojima Productions. The working hope is that Kojima's new game will launch an entirely new franchise for PlayStation. 

If the name of Kojima's new studio sounds familiar, that's because it was the name of Kojima's internal studio under Konami. Kojima revealed the studio's logo stating that it's intended to look like a a medieval suit of armor as well as a space suit, embodying the idea of taking aim "at the new world with the latest technology and [a] pioneering spirit." 

CWVVUWgUYAAvMQa.jpg.298e8fcc0a3af4712d73

View full article

14 hours ago, KookyPersona said:

I really hope that they can work things out and revive the P.T. Silent Hills game!

That would be cool @KookyPersona! I never got to play the teaser they released for it, but have you looked at Allison Road? I'm pretty sure they're having a KickStarter for it, but it was inspired in part by Silent Hills so it may be worth looking into!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 6:50 AM, BBH Mokinns said:

That would be cool @KookyPersona! I never got to play the teaser they released for it, but have you looked at Allison Road? I'm pretty sure they're having a KickStarter for it, but it was inspired in part by Silent Hills so it may be worth looking into!

I did see Allison Road! They pulled out of KickStarter, because a development studios picked them up. I know this game is set to release on the PlayStation VR. Totally scary!

• Like 1

Oh no way! That's awesome for them. And oh man, that game on VR is going to be terrifying!