Sign in to follow this  
Mokinns

Tips/Advise/Ideas for 2016!

I don't stream like most of you do, as my internet is horrible for streaming.  There are times I wish I could, but I do something entirely different.

I actually run an Extra Life Event for a FLGS in my area. The owner of the store gives me free reign to set up things as I see fit for the store. 

The biggest draw I have at my event is the raffle!   Every couple of hours, I raffle off a TON of board games and video games.  Over the course of the year, I talk to distributers and developers to see if they will donate games to the event.   Then day of the event, I set out the items 5 to 8 of them at a time, with a little box in front of each. People put tickets into the boxes, we draw winners, empty the little boxes and do it all over again.

tickets can be earned in a number of ways...

1 ticket is given to everyone when they show up to the event!!!!  WOOHOO!!! thanks for coming!
1 - 3 tickets are given if you sit down to a scheduled game (mostly for the table top RPGs)

1 - 3 tickets age given to each player in a tournament. (The store still runs it's normal daily tournaments. The tourney entry is donated to Extra Life, and those players are given tickets to win stuff.)

Then we allow people to donate to extra life to get more tickets.

$1 per ticket

$5 for 7 tickets 
$10 an arm length of tickets. (usually something like 15 - 20 tickets

it's always a huge hit.  We've raffled off games like Dead of Winter, Pathfinder Card game, TellTale Games The Walking Dead, Bioshock Infinite etc. We always have a ton of video games as well.

All the money we get from the raffles goes directly to Extra Life.  

• Like 2

My work has already helped me out with donations for Extra Life. We contacted a vendor, who we use frequently, to sponsor a gift baskets raffle. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a picture of the gift baskets, but the gift baskets were Game Night, Date Night, and Golf Day. Co-workers were able to buy 1 ticket for $1 or 7 tickets for $5. They get to choose which basket they want to turn in their raffle ticket to. It turned out really well! It gave me a chance to talk about Extra Life, and all of the proceeds were donated towards Extra Life.

Sign pointing towards the gift baskets raffle room: http://imgur.com/IAC9bAM

We'll be working on another type of fundraiser idea later in the summer or early fall.

Streaming for donations is a little bit harder since I don't have such an audience. However, it feels like it garners more attention during Game Day.

• Like 1

I ran an incentive program like a bunch of other people.  It worked well, but what really caught fire for me was a simple email to all of my coworkers when I was only $55 from one of those incentives where I would cut my beard into Mutton Chops for game day.  It was being this close to a major goal that I think spurred people to jump on board.  I was over that mark within minutes and there were emails pooring in for the next couple hours (I don't think anyone worked that day :)).  I offered up a few individual incentives to keep the fire lit, like shaving one leg, and waxing my armpits (not as bad as is sounds).  This kept the donations coming in until I was $35 short of my top incentive of shaving my head.  I just kept replying to the email telling people how close I was to a goal and it spurred someone else to donate.  It was a really fun and cool day where I ended up raising over $600 of my total.  I think the first $200 or so it the hardest part when you set  incentives, but when you get close to a goal, use that to get people excited.  Everyone want to be the one that helped get you over that hump, they get a great sense of satisfaction by doing so.  And if they get to embarrass you a bit along the way that helps too. :)

• Like 3

Thats awesome @Viedt.  The incentives seem to be working really well for me this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CAWZY said:

Thats awesome @Viedt.  The incentives seem to be working really well for me this year. 

Hey @CAWZY, I went to the link you have for you Extra Life Page in your signature and it took me to a "We Apologize" page.  Fix your link. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viedt said:

Hey @CAWZY, I went to the link you have for you Extra Life Page in your signature and it took me to a "We Apologize" page.  Fix your link. :)

Ugh, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

I finally created my 2016 incentives and just thought I'd share them with you all since I love reading what everyone else is doing (and occasionally borrowing ideas XD ) 

EDIT: Apparently I math bad. In what world is half a grand 750? :o 

EDIT 2: Apparently my eyes are bad. That says 3/4, everything's fine XD

EL2016 Incentives.JPG

• Like 1

lol Awesome incentives @CaKarst. You've got some creative stuff in there. I'm interested in the makeup and the ghost peppers heh B)

• Like 1