Sapience

Welcome to the Official Extra Life Community!

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel Thompson. I’ve been known by UndeadDoG by some. I’ve been with Extra Life for about 87 years now. I joined back when it was still a Union for Broadway enthusiast coal miners. I can still remember the day Doc (Jeromy Adams) landed his hot air balloon in my front yard and asked if I could redesign the Extra Life logo. He put his arm on my shoulder and said, “Son, this Extra Life thing is gonna be HUGE. It’s gonna help a lot of sick kids. And you? Why, I say – I say, you are gonna be vaguely internet famous, boy. We’re gonna put your logo on t-shirts, hoodies, dice…DICE?...yes, my friend, even dice. You’re gonna see it on Playstation themes, on G4 shortly before it goes off the air, on a billboard in Time Square, in a PS4 game as an easter egg…. DANNY! Pay attention, boy. People will get tattoos of it! No one will know it’s you, but YOU will know. Then he flew away singing the Texas State song.

I’m a former console gamer who’s gone through the religious experience of finding PC. Steam is my downfall. I too suck from the Gabe teat.

What's up everyone? My name is Justin but I go by Ik0n in the gaming world. I actually only recently heard about and joined the Extra Life program and I'm absolutely enthralled with it and get wait to dive deeper. I've done one 24hr session so far where I raised over $250 and the official day is on my birthday this year! I want to do as much as I can to get more involved with this movement. I'm currently raising money for Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital because it's the closest associated hospital to where I grew up in New York. I've been gaming ever since I can remember and I'm not a console fanboy or anything like that either. I get mostly all new games and consoles that come out if I have the money, I currently have an Xbone and PS4 and I'm mainly playing Titanfall.

I'm really interested about this guild thing and I need to do some more research on it as like I said, I'm fairly new to this whole program. Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

I have been participating in EL since 2010 when I heard Stepto talk about it on Major Nelson Radio. I played from my apartment with friends coming over the first couple years. Then I met my current girlfriend who plays with me and acts as my cheerleader and support system. Needless to say the last couple years have been much easier to stay up through. I play for Tucson Medical Center.

My first video games were on my dad's Atari, then on a Game Gear and Saturn. At those times, I liked platformers the most. In college, I had a PC and played Voyager Elite Force as my first FPS and Emperium Galactica II as my first RTS that I really got into; I never have had much fun with RTS since that. When I moved out on my own, I bought a 360 and got into Dead Rising and Halo 2/3. Now I spend my time playing GTA Online (#TeamPressY), Halo 4, and Rock Band 3.

When the console's off, I like to play card games including CAH, MtG, Munchkin and Chez Geek/Greek/Goth and roll-playing games including Aberrant, White Wolf pre-2004, and DnD 3.5e. I actively participated in new MtG sets from Mirrodin/Fifth Dawn until the return to Mirrodin. Our White Wolf games are always free splat choice (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, etc.), and I played Changelings most of the time.

Hey there! Lurker the moment I found out this forum was up and running (so glad it was during my lunch break at work) and the next day, here I am.

I go online by Megabyte or some variation of, but I only took the name relatively recently... as in it's only been a few years. If you were part of the Sarcastic Gamers back in the days before everyone moved to BRB, you might well have known me as Diortem on there.

Im a life long gamer in my 30s who started playing games pretty much with my first console, the NES (although the tech behind it I was into a few years even before that... thank my Dad being a tech-geek just as much as I am now). I then pretty much moved along to the SNES until I discovered DOS gaming on a (then) modern PC. At which point I abandoned consoles entirely for a generation, returning only because of Metoid Prime on Gamecube being that good.

Since then, I have primarily played on PC, but always kept a console or two on the side. Currently, I reside on PC, WiiU, PS3, and XBoxOne and pretty much if it's not a sport or a fighter, it has a chance with me.

Now as for Extra Life, I remember listening to the podcast Doc and the guys released announcing the original one on my way to work and knowing right then and there that I was going to play in it. There was no question in my mind, and I have yet to miss one and feel thankful as hell to be able to say that, though I have been trying to step up my game since then, at least more then I have so far. Back then, I was one guy in my room at my apartment playing. Now, I am dragging a few friends with me at least and even been doing updates to try to make this streaming thing work, putting the stream on my site, and even trying to get a raffle moving. (Sadly, not a lot of luck there yet)

And... I think that's it for now. Actually have a bit to do this morning, so... I will run around the forums in a little while. For now, see ya!

Hows it going everyone! My name is Matthew. I'm 28 years old. I game under the aliases of Asaomar and Balfor. My primary username these days is Asaomar. I mainly play RPGs and action games, however shooters are also a genre I enjoy. I got started gaming as a kid with D&D and Magic the Gathering. Moved from there into arcades and home consoles with the Sega Genesis. Hooked ever since. Up until December of last year, I was heavy into PC gaming for both shooters and MMORPGs. My computer recently broke down however, so I've gone back to pretty much just console gaming. I live in Florida and I work at the Universal Studios theme parks in Orlando.

This is my third year participating in Extra-Life.

I play for the Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital

My gaming these days is mostly on my PS3 and PS4. Once I fix my PC however, I'll be on that a lot again as well. I play a mix of RPGs, MMOs, Shooters, action/adventure, stealth, and more. Kinda all over the place.

Steam is many a console gamers' downfall. Don't feel bad. Happens to the best of us! ;)

#TRUE

Steam Summer Sale just amazed me.

Let's see...I am Liz, a 26 year old house wife with a lot of hobbies. I am a writer, artist, web & graphics designer, and best of all a gamer. I have been playing games since the N64 and Playstation, and then progressed to MMORPGs starting with Runescape and Maplestory. I have played many different MMOs paid and free including games like EQ2, Rift, Tera, Atlantica Online, and many other titles.

Some of the games that I am currently enjoying are Diablo 3 and soon The Sims 4 and Everquest Next. I am also a huge Steam gamer so I have hundreds of Steam games...most of which I still need to play...yeah.

Besides that, I enjoy sushi, sake (or beer if I have no sake), and watching movies and TV shows...lots of movies and TV shows.

This is my second year of participating in Extra Life and I am raising money for Levine Children's Hospital. :D Nice to meet you all!

Greetings and salutations folks! Let's go down the list here.

Who am I?

The name is Chris Cesarano, and I'm a professional white collar wage slave that copy-pastes for a living. I currently live in the Greater Philadelphia Area, but you will never take the South Jersey outta me. When I have free time, which there's plenty of, I write for the GamersWithJobs front page, write on my own blog, run a YouTube channel and host a gaming podcast. Unlike my real life form, I enjoy stretching myself thin. My writings tend to focus on deeper analysis of game mechanics, narrative, and story-telling. I believe in the Oxford Comma and I believe in Harvey Dent.

How's about me and Extra Life?

I first participated in Extra Life last year, 2013, after hearing about it for the first time in 2012. It proved to be such an enjoyable experience that I went and joined the Philadelphia Guild as soon as I heard about it. I am not a member of the leadership team, but I help out when and where I can.

What Hospital?

I play for The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. It is thanks to them that my niece did not become permanently deaf around the age of two.

Unleash the Gamer Cred!

When I was three years old I played Donkey Kong on our family's Colecovision. I barely remember the game, and I also remember being terrible at it. The day I discovered the game kept going after you reached the top was just amazing. From there the family got the NES and I developed a strong foundation of co-op games with my older brother. The SNES is the Golden Age of Gaming to me in regards to variety of ideas, polished design, and experimentation with mechanics. I used to favor Japanese Role-Playing Games above all other genres, but will try to play just about anything now on a dedicated gaming platform (I do not enjoy the phone as a gaming device).

1. A little something about you. Hi, I'm Stephanie. Some things I love are Batman, comics, video games, crafting, astrology, cooking, writing, Sprocket, robots and hair bows... I also love pink and glitter!

2. How long have you been participating in Extra Life. This is my second year participating!

3. What hospital do you play for? St. Louis Children's Hospital

4. Your gaming interests. RPG'S like Final Fantasy and Skyrim. I've played on all consoles and don't necessarily have a favorite.

Hello I'm Dean (Herbertsmart). I'm a father of 3 and a long time volunteer with the March of Dimes, so when I learned about Extra Life it was a "no-brainer" to join'.

This will be my first year participating although I've donated to someone else's campaign in past years.

I'm playing for Children's Hospital, Orange County, CA. But I'd ideally like to get another hospital added to the Children's Miracle Network that is closer to home.

My gaming interests are PC, retro console, and coin-op arcade and pinball machines. If you are in the Inland Empire region of SoCal, get in touch with me and help me plan an event for Oct. 25!

Happy Gaming! :cool:

Hi all! I'm from Tuscaloosa, AL. And since it's practically required by law here (especially around this time of the year) ROLL TIDE! I'm married with two kids. This is my first year participating in Extra Life and I'm very excited to contribute! I'll be playing for Children's of Alabama. My gaming interests vary greatly. Basically, as long as it isn't a strategy game, I'm good. I'm horrible at strategy games. :P

Hi!

A little something about myself, I am a cyber security guy. When done working I go home to my wife and two wonderful boys. After 8:30 though...that's when the lights go off and the games come on! And those games are tabletop (mostly horror, military, sci-fi) on Saturday (D&D) or Sunday (Sci-fi RPG). During the week I spend Monday/Tuesday playing Modern Warfare II on the WiiU and the other nights spent on my 360 or pc horror games (e.g. Silent Hill, Walking Dead, Five Nights and Freddy's)

This will be my second year with Extra-life. First year was an excellent experience where I helped raise over $300 for the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. I hope to raise even more this year since I have spread awareness (hopefully more folks will show up) and started a raffle.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=92124

Welcome aboard all new folks and if anyone ever wants to get together on game evening gaming...I am game.

-Corey

Good evening y'all! :D

I'm an avid gamer out of Alabama and I'm absolutely thrilled to be a part of Extra Life! I work in the Housing and Residence Life department of a university and I love this career. Working with residents and those in the Student Affairs field is one of the best career moves I've ever made. I previously worked at Gamestop and had a ton of fun working there as well. As for now, I play games every day whenever I get the chance and work/go to class during the day.

I've never had the chance to actually participate in Extra Life, but in about 2 weeks I will be getting a brand new computer along with new software in order to adequately record my gaming sessions. I heard about this organization through one of those Facebook ads you see on the side...who knew those would actually provide something useful!?

As for the hospital I'm playing for, I'm playing for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. I no longer live in Georgia, but I did when I was younger and made many visits to them for various reasons. This is simply my way of giving back to them and helping those children in need now.

If you ever happen to see me on Twitch, you'll probably catch me playing Runescape, Guild Wars 2, possibly WoW (if I get back into it), or Minecraft on the PC. If I can get my hands on a capture card for the Xbox 360, I'll be playing GTA V, Black Ops 2, and Halo 4, with a random game thrown into the mix such as Assassin's Creed: Black Flag or an Xbox Arcade game. I'm really hoping that this goes well and I can't wait to start my own fundraising campaign! :D

Hello everyone,

I am Brian and I am playing for Texas Children's. Originally I am from West Texas but have been in the Houston area of some time now. I work as a 911 medic and am in the local guild. 2013 was the first year I was started playing for Extra-Life and this year I am captain of team, Star of Life, which is comprised of fellow medics.

I started playing on a 2600, done some PC gaming, and am almost entirely on Xbox now. For better or worse, my game is Halo but I've played everything from first person puzzlers to RPG's to MMO's.

I'm hoping to crack what I raised last year and to continue the trend for as long as I can participate.

I'm Matt (SansPants), and this will be Extra Life number five. Me and my group of friends have played:

1: TF2 Payload

2: Rift

3: NWN2

4: a smattering of other games

And 5 is going to be us all playing 24 hours of 7 Days to Die.

Hey everyone, I'm Louis! I started Extra Life last year playing for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA!!! Last year was a blast and I am looking forward to doing it again this year.

I play all types of games from Mario Kart and Disney Infinity to Diablo III and Assassin's Creed. I really look forward to playing this year as I will be able to stream from my Playstation 4. Cannot wait to make new friends on these forums!

For the Kids! :)

Hi guys!!

1. Some stuff about me... I'm 27 and live in New Jersey. Obviously my number one hobby is (video) gaming. I also love to read and write and will try just about anything once. I love being outside and active (but not in an exercising way haha). I'm a big animal lover and a pescatarian (that means the only meat I eat is fish). I have two dogs, a pit bull and a pit bull mix (if you ever watch my stream you'll probably see them trying to jump onto my lap!) and two cats. They are my furbabies and I love them more than anything. Except my boyfriend of course (sometimes =p ) I currently work in healthcare but my passion is marine biology and I plan to (eventually) finish getting the degree in it that I started and finally nail down my dream job! The ocean is my number one biggest passion. Some other super random things that I really like are tattoos, guns, roller coasters, nature, fast cars and the color pink!

2. This is my 5th year participating in Extra Life! I'm not too good at fundraising, though, so I'm constantly just trying to raise and hit my goals!

3. I play for the Children's Specialized Hospital of New Jersey.

4. My gaming interests? They're so varied! I'll just name some of the games that I've put a lot of time (and love) into (though I may just list the franchise and not individual titles if I've played a lot of them.) Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Smite, Hearthstone, Portal 2, The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Rift, Half-Life, Plague Inc, Final Fantasy, DJ Hero, Fable, CivRev, The Last of Us, Skylanders (don't judge me!), Pokemon, and, of course, Mario! So... I have a pretty wide range of gaming interests, though if I had to hammer down one genre as my FAVORITE, it would be MMORPGs.

The gaming systems I currently own are: Atari, SNES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, (PS4 coming soon!) 3DS, and PSVita. Plus a gaming PC and gaming laptop.

Welcome everyone to the message boards! Its so awesome to meet so many gamers from all over the country, all with a passion for giving back through Extra-Life! And its so cool to hear all your stories about how long everyone's been doing this, why you're all doing it, and how you all got into it in the first place! :D

Hello to you all I am Patrik from Sweden and I am 43 years of age, getting 44 the 26th of October so I will celebrate my birthday streaming on twitch during the extra-life marathon.

At the moment I am on sick leave and normally work as a carpenter and webmaster in my own little personal web company.

When it comes to gaming that stated on the Christmas Eve 1977, I did get a Atari 2600 :) from then on I have been a dedicated gamer and dabbled in paper and pen, live action role playing, board games, Mac, PC and various consoles over the years. Fast forward to the present times. Nowadays I am a strict PC gamer and play all sorts of games, I am especially playing MMORPG's and RPG games but also entertain myself with MOBA's, Browser games and Voxel based games like Trove, Creativerse, Minecraft, Planet Explorers and so many other ones.

How did I find out about extra-life. Well it is all thanks to Trion Worlds, I plaed Rift and they announced that they would create a team for extra-life fundraising, that was back in 2011 and since then I have been aboard. I am not the most successful fundraiser but I am doing the best I can.

Regards from Patrik a.k.a. Gilnidor

Heya, I'm Budaniel and this is going to be my 2nd year doing Extra Life. Last year my friend and I had technical issues (router kept going on us and killing our connection) and had to do our stream in 2 parts. This year hopefully we'll get it in on one good go! :) I play and review games for All Around Gaming Hub, and in the last year my friend and I have started developing our own PC games. We released our first title, a simple casual 2D puzzler named Party Ball to absolutely no one's acclaim last year just before the Extra Life marathon, so we played that for a short during our live stream.

I've been gaming since I first tried my Dad's Atari 5200 back in the early 80's, and my favorite console of all time, despite being a bit of a Nintendo fanboy growing up, was probably the Sega Dreamcast. Today I'm largely a PC gamer. I keep a fairly good sized collection of old video game magazines dating from 1993 through today for research and nostalgia purposes... though a good portion of them are somewhat torn up now thanks to decades of careless reading. ;) I've run a Minecraft server for three years, although this this August may have been it's last birthday due to dropping interest from my community.

My friend and I play for Akron Children's Hospital, a place that helped us both allot when we were younger and has also aided our families and their children, so we really want to do well to support them. Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone! It's nice that Extra-Life finally got a community forum, after participating for 5 events now (started when Children's Miracle Network did a event called 3G), and I have to say I love doing these things! My gamer name is Cappiman, but you can call me Caleb if you wish! Being 23 years old and helping Children is absolute fun. I honestly can't wait for this year, and hopefully you guys don't get DDoS'ed 3 times!

Some games that I play can be multiple things, such as CS:GO, FNAF (Five Nights A Freddy's), and racing games. When I am usually playing video games I listen to music, such as SlipKNoT, Demon Hunter, Haste The Day, and what not (metal head here).

But Anywho, I hope to see you around the forums, and can't wait to meet other Extra Lifers!

Hey Extra Lifers!

Glad to see that you guys started a forum. Extra Life is awesome and I'm very proud and impressed to see how it's grown. :D

I'm a QA tester and twitch streamer (twitch.tv/kupo_yo), so I guess you could say gaming is my life XD I'm mostly into console games such as JRPGs and action games.

This will be my third year doing Extra Life and it was a tradition that my friends and I have started in 2011. Before that we used to just do "game nights" which were multiplayer gaming parties with my friends. So we took game nights and made an Extra Life edition of it, our 24 hour #teamnosleep pajama party for charity.

I can't believe it's only 1 week away @_@ Ughh the pressure is on, cause there are a lot of prep things I need to square away still. We're working on bringing a hype show! (Last year a couple of my friends ate ghost peppers on stream.)

I love that we can take what we enjoy and turn it to a great cause to support our local community. Shoutouts to socal, we're playing in support of Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego!

Less than 1 week away guys!

hello im jeremy and im 29 im a colloge student studing game design and my display name is based on mythology lol

this will be my first year of participating in extra life

im gonna be supporting the childrens medical center of dallas

and i play all kinds of games but i mostly play rpg's