Sapience

Welcome to the Official Extra Life Community!

Hello everyone!

I'm Scott (ExtremeGamer on just about everything) and I'm the Vice-President of the Cleveland Guild. This is my 4th year of Extra-Life and it's gotten better every single year. I am playing for Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital out of Cleveland, where I made 11 trips as a child, so it's a very rewarding experience to give back. I mostly play sports games and will be gaming/streaming on the PS4 this year for the marathon. The goal is to raise money to help kids, get the word out and get more gamers to do what they love anyway, game, but at the same time raise money to help sick kids. I want to help Cleveland get as many gamers as possible playing on October 25th.

Hi all - I'm Kate (Or Seeker)... new to the forums and program. I haven't yet joined but my gaming clan is very interested in getting involved in the Oct 25 event, so more of us may show up here and register :)

I believe I would be playing for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia but it's not on the list in the profile field- could that be added?

My gaming community is a very unique and special group of people. We formed 9 years ago from geezergamers.com and became the "Northeast" contingent. We are all over 30 (well, I think we have one twenty something) and most of us have children, so this program was a no-brainer. Our group has met yearly for most of that span of time, but we live on our site shoutbox daily and chat. We play the xbox console, but a few of us also do PC gaming. Most of us have transitioned to XBOX ONE and our favorite games are the Halo series, Battlefield, GTA, and anything Skyrim/Dragon Age. I'm a mom and a gamer.

I'm still navigating the program and figuring out what we need to do and how...looking forward to getting to know you all. I love this idea and am thrilled to have a reason to play games for someone other than myself!

Our gaming clan is Northeast Core and we're in the middle of our own website refresh. http://www.ne-core.com

Edited by NEC Seeker

Hi all! Matt here...aka Bearmonk. This is my second year participating in Extra Life, though I've been aware of it for a while longer then that, thanks to G4 (RIP). I'm the Secretary of the San Antonio Guild, as well as, our streaming organizer...though I'm being surpassed in dedication by one of our other members, which is great! I'm also an SAP programmer...though that probably means very little to anyone. And, not least of all, I'm a father to 2 future Extra-Lifers, my 2 year old daughter, who is already learning to enjoy Minecraft and kicks my butt at Towerfall, as well as, my 4 month old son. I haven't put a controller in his hands yet, but he's my Last of Us partner. He keeps me safe from the clickers...

If anyone is interested I also blog a bit over at http://www.late2thegame.com. I'm pretty terrible at keeping a regular schedule, but I like to believe that the writing isn't aweful. :rolleyes:

I believe I would be playing for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia but it's not on the list in the profile field- could that be added?

Hi Kate! CHOP is there, it's under the Ts as "The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia."

Hi all! Matt here...aka Bearmonk. This is my second year participating in Extra Life, though I've been aware of it for a while longer then that, thanks to G4 (RIP). I'm the Secretary of the San Antonio Guild, as well as, our streaming organizer...though I'm being surpassed in dedication by one of our other members, which is great! I'm also an SAP programmer...though that probably means very little to anyone. And, not least of all, I'm a father to 2 future Extra-Lifers, my 2 year old daughter, who is already learning to enjoy Minecraft and kicks my butt at Towerfall, as well as, my 4 month old son. I haven't put a controller in his hands yet, but he's my Last of Us partner. He keeps me safe from the clickers...

If anyone is interested I also blog a bit over at http://www.late2thegame.com. I'm pretty terrible at keeping a regular schedule, but I like to believe that the writing isn't aweful. :rolleyes:

Hi Matt - I DO know what an SAP programmer is, as I'm a project manager and my company implemented about 3 years ago :) IT is my life, but I only dabble in the easy programming like PHP and HTML, just enough to be dangerous. I also have a 2 year old daughter and 6 month old daughter...it feels like the Parents' Miracle Network that I even get a minute to game!

Hi Kate! CHOP is there, it's under the Ts as "The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia."

Ah, thank you!

Hi Everyone! My name is Mike Cosgrove (CAWZY on just about everything). This is my second year participating with Extra-Life. I love everything about it, and will be part of this as long as I absolutely can. I am playing for the Akron Children's Hospital, so I am currently Guildless, although the Cleveland Guild has adopted me and has allowed me to bug them for the time being. I am incredibly interested in getting more involved and getting more people involved with Extra-Life and Akron Children's. Anyone else that is playing for Akron and wants to coordinate efforts, PM me and we can discuss. :cool:

Gaming interests.....just about everything; Consoles, PC, Board games, Card games, Poker, Tabletop....yes please. I most play console, though. I have not dove into any of the newest ones yet, though. :(

Hello from the Lone Star State,

My name is Roy "Arcgore" Medina. Hailing from San Antonio, Texas and one half of the VP's for our San Antonio based guild. I have been a part of the Extra Life movement for over 4 years now. I am a gamer, a geek, and all around nerd. Some of the games I enjoy playing are Warhammer 40k, D&D, Warmahorde, minecraft, FFXIV, and WoW to just name a few. When this movement started I was so happy to be a part of all the awesome work that it has done to help raise money for hospitals across the nation. I look forward to getting to work with you all and getting to know our community even more.

Greetings from Maryland.

I'm Robert Allen (themailedfist) the President of the Baltimore Guild. Pleased to meet you! This is my fourth year of playing for Extra Life and I'm very excited about it. We've done bigger and better every year and now thanks to the hard work of the Guilds I know this year is going to be huge.

I'm mostly a miniatures gamer - I'm fine with PC and consoles, but I'm happiest when pushing models on a well-appointed table and letting slip the dogs of war.

--Robert

Greetings everyone,

I'm Brian, currently the VP for the Pittsburgh Extra Life Guild. So obviously I game for the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital. This will be my fourth year with EL, and it's an honor to be among so many gamers that care.

I'm a sony guy so PS3 is my current console of choice, I'll get a PS4 someday. Big fan of RPG's, action, and unique shooters. Nor really a mainstream COD, Halo, MW guy. I'm more Borderlands, Dead Space, Uncharted in terms of shooters. (i know they might not be generally classes as that, but the bulk of fighting is with a gun so it's a shooter. lol)

Always looking for new ways to help me get more donations so suggestions welcome.

I'm on twitter @brianbrickner33

Looking forward to this new forum to be a part of.

Hey y'all. My name is Greg. This is my second year playing for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. I'm the Milwaukee/Madison guild prez-o-dent, and I play a little bit of everything! I have just under 500 games on Steam, over 1000+ songs in Rock Band, a sizable on disk game collection, and apparently have more money than common sense. My favorite Mario Kart character is Wario because I feel he represents me in a deep and meaningful way. Happy to be here!

Greetings Extra-Lifers. First year participating. I can be found under "Normand Guillemette" but mostly go by Yiddleja everywhere. I am playing for the Canadian CHEO in Ottawa Ontario Canada and from the looks of things at the moment it's rather quiet but I am hoping to change that. Hopefully we can eventually get a guild going here.

Hello Extra Lifers!

My name is Jojo but I tend to go by Meeki online. I am playing for the WVU Children's Hospital. While I live in West Virginia, I'm not your typical country girl. I've been gaming since the Atari and I'll continue to game until I die. I like drawing, reading, all things zombie, horror movies and pretty much your typical geek things. I'm a proud browncoat! I am also into The Walking Dead (especially the comic books) and A Song of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones. I am the Captain for team Boomstick. It may or may not be a reference to Army of Darkness. (Psst, it is.)

As for gaming, I'm primarily PC. Most of what I play is on Steam. I currently own 210 games there, but I have a few others elsewhere such as Deadspace 3, Titanfall, etc. I also play the occasional MMO. Right now, I've been into Wildstar. My favorite game at the moment is definitely Payday 2. To be honest, I only recently played because they added a Lucille baseball bat (Walking Dead comic book item) to the inventory. For so long, this game sat in my inventory unplayed. Needless to say, I'm now hooked! Shooter games are by far my favorite genre, aside from zombie games. I'd say that the games I'm most looking forward to are Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, Gauntlet, Far Cry 4 and Tales from the Borderlands.

My father passed away last month from pancreatic cancer. I'm dedicating this year to him. He was also a gamer at heart. Heck, I owe my addiction to gaming to him. Semper Fi, Dad! Always.

I look forward to participating in the event with you all. I'm proud to say that this is my fourth year with Extra Life! I hope for many more in the future.

You can find me as @ebilmeeki on twitter!

Game on!

Edited by Meeki
  • Like 1

I'm Stephen Haberman aka TheGeekyHusband from the Philly area in PA.

This year marks my fifth year doing Extra Life. I am an avid gamer, social media consultant for the games industry, and freelance journalist.

I have been taking part in Extra Life because I believe it is the best way to show that the gaming community can give back, and follows a motto I live by: Do something you love and something you're good at. I am good at social media promotion and I love gaming. Putting that together for a good cause is all the more reason to do it.

I have every current generation console and enjoy just about every genre. I am a big fan of Blizzard's games as well as PS4, Vita, Xbox One, WiiU and PC games. Spelunky, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo, Disney Infinity, and the Assassins Creed franchise take up most of my gaming attention.

Greetings Extra Lifers!

I'm Patrick. I'm from Houston, Tx, where it all started!

I grew up here, well just outside of Houston in Richmond. Moved to Austin and lived there for 11 years while attending school and working in the media. I moved back in 2007 when I got married, and have been here ever since.

I joined the Houston Guild earlier this year, and it's been both rewarding and humbling to hear other's stories and experiences with the Texas Children's Hospital, and spreading the word about Extra Life. I'm very proud to be part of this community.

This is my second year doing Extra Life, and I'm the captain of my team, Team TFT, which is The Forum Thread, a podcast with other Rooster Teeth community members. @TheForumThread and TheForumThread on YouTube. If you have a few minutes, give us a listen.

-Patrick

Edited by MrFusion

A little something about you. Remember, this is public so be sure you’re ok with sharing it with the internet. --- My name is Trevor Brimson from London, Ontario up in Canada. I Extra-Life for my two daughters.

How long have you been participating in Extra Life. - This is Year #4 for me!!!!

What hospital do you play for? - London Children's Hospital (Children's Health Foundation)

Your gaming interests. - Pretty much all PC games --- Minecraft, DOTA2, Warframe, WoW, GuildWars 2, et

Cya all later !!!

Awesome we have forums!

Im Jon. I help start our team The Pixelheads about 4 years ago. This is my 5th year participating (the first year I didnt sign up but I helped my co-captian stay up all night).

Our team mostly plays for the Children's Hospital of Georgia located in Augusta GA. While some of our members live in other areas they tend to play for other hospitals.

We do our best to get news outlets to air our story every year along with the local newspaper. It helps that a producer of a local news station is a long time friend and teammate.

I absolutely love this charity and Im always looking for ways to get others involved.

I made it to 2nd place in the Extra Life Tshirt contest in 2013.

We are hoping to beat our top score of $7400 raised last year and are doing everything we can to make it happen.

Edited by Pixelhead Jon

Hey ya'll my name is Brit my my non-muggle name around the interwebs is Yayoi. I live in Tempe, Arizona where it is hot hot bot right now. And if you really must know I turn 29 in a couple weeks.

I'm a casual gamer but an obsessive completionist when it comes to my games. I play a couple PC games but mainly spend my time on the Xbox 360.

I've participate in Extra Life for three years now and play for those amazing kids and families at the Phoenix Children's Hospital. One of the best! I'm shooting for the skies and hope to reach my goal this year once again.

And thatsa me.

Hello from Denver!

This is my 5th year participating in Extra Life, and my 3rd year supporting Sapience for BCH as well as several other groups. I don't do a lot of fundraising myself, but I generally support a half dozen campaigns every year. For the last two years I participated in Rift's Extra Life campaigns for the marathon and before that, in LOTRO.

Longtime gamer, these days playing and testing mmos online (Rift, LOTRO, TSW, WoW, Wildstar, Landmark, Archeage in 2014) and playing bridge offline when I can get a foursome. I also work fulltime so stay busy. Delighted to be able to support this effort!

Gaming since before it was cool.

Jaedor - Rift

Jaednor - LOTRO & Twitter

Yeshe - WoW

Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie, and I'm a member of the Extra Life Bay Area Guild in/around San Francisco, CA. I've been playing video games for over 15 years now, and I'm very excited to take a hobby of mine and turn it into such a force for good.

Last year was my first time participating in Extra Life. I had seen the vloggers from the Geek and Sundry channel on YouTube posting about their plans for live tweeting/streaming their events, and then dug a little deeper. After going over all of the info about Extra Life, I immediately signed up and then assembled my podcasting team together to try and do a streamed event as well.

Not everyone on the podcast team was available for the main event day last year, but with the DDOS attacks we were given another opportunity the following weekend to stream the entire event. We played D&D, Super Smash Bros. (Melee and Brawl), Star Wars X-Wing, Minecraft, Red Dragon Inn, League of Legends, and a couple of other games in-between.

Just about everyone who works on the podcast is local to the San Francisco Bay Area, just like me. With exception to a few people on the east coast, we were all donating to the Children's Miracle Network Hospital Oakland, which has since been renamed to UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland.

I really enjoy both video games and tabletop RPGs, as does the podcasting team. I was very excited to be able to participate in Extra Life last year, and I'm even more excited now for future events! To read more about me/the podcasting team, you can check out our team page at http://www.extra-life.org/team/aceofgeeks

Hey Everyone!

My name is Sarah, but I go by Duck or any of its many variations: Ducky, Duckster, The Duckinator... Get creative. ;)

I'm currently working as the manager of the periodicals collection at a community college library, but my true passion is serving as the community manager for a group called The Angels. The Angels creates fun, gaming-focused YouTube videos, podcasts, and more as well as developing a safe space for people of all walks-of-life in the gaming community.

This is my 2nd year participating in Extra Life. The Angels and I did a 25 hour stream last year and had an absolutely amazing time. I can't wait to do it all again this year!

I'm playing once again for Children's Hospital Oakland. As an aside, I can't find my hospital in the drop down list of hospitals on my profile page. Please let me know if I missed it.

I play mostly Halo. Lots of Halo. I definitely enjoy multiplayer more than campaigns/single-player stories as a general rule. Playing with people is way more fun to me than gaming on my own.

Can't wait to raise a ton of money with you all!

Hey Extra Life people!

I'm Marcia Morgan aka JaXboxchick here, Captain of Team Jax for Jacksonville, Florida. I am one of the co-hosts of The Mommy Gamers podcast, so I'm a mommy and a gamer and I like raising tons of money for Extra Life.

I have been a part of Extra Life since the good old Sarcastic Gamer days. I helped with the online chat support stuffs last year which was super fun, and I help here locally with our amazing Children's Miracle Network crew to organize events and opportunities to recruit recruit recruit! We have a MONSTER marathon planned for this year. Like, seriously...a huge event. You should all quit your jobs and move here so that you can join us. It's going to be that epic.

I'm playing again this year for Wolfson Children's Hospital and as far as gaming goes, I have nearly all the consoles, but you'll find me on my PC most days.

Hi! My name is Carla, but you can call me snarkqueen. I found Extra Life because of Sapience -- I'd been playing Lord of the Rings Online for a few months and happened to see he was raising money for Team Turbine in 2012. I donated that year, and in addition to a donation in 2013 I also signed up to do Extra Life myself. It was an amazingly rewarding experience, so this year I started early and have been doing weekly streams since the end of April.

I am playing for Children's National in D.C. because the majority of my friends are scattered everywhere, including other countries. This felt like the best hospital choice for me if I wanted to net donations from everyone without anyone feeling slighted.

I am primarily a PC gamer, as the only console I have is an old PS2. I'm still working on broadening the scope of games I play, and I'm pretty terrible at most of them. Happy to play with others on Steam, and you can find me there as snarkqueen. Same name on Twitch.

Hi all! I'm Kelly aka Capital Gamer and live in Washington, DC. I'm a member of the DC Guild and playing for Children's National. I started participating in Extra Life in 2013 and I'm even more motivated for the cause since I had a baby girl this past May.

I am mostly a PS3/PS4 Gamer focused on FPSs, RPGs, indie games and adventure games. I love old school point and click adventures and still tool around on my Dreamcast and NES now and then! I also cosplay, write game reviews, do tutorials and promote local geek artists and events through my site, capitalgamer.com. My social media links are below. Happy to be a part of this team!

capitalgamer.blogspot.com

www.capitalgamer.com

@CapitalGamerDC

Facebook.com/capitalgamer

Hi everyone! My name is Oliver and this will be my third Extra Life. I will be playing for UF Shands Hospital for Children in Florida, but I currently reside in Austin, TX. I love all types of games but I play a lot of shooters and city and trade management games like Tropico and Port Royale. I stream a ton of different games for the entire 24 hours on my twitch channel, and I am excited to try out the Xbox One built in streaming features this year.

If you like to see my last campaign, I outlined it on my website here:

http://www.oliverclark.me/extra-life/

Edited by Ollie
Added a link

Hey.

Jeremiah here, VP of the Houston Guild, albeit I don't technically live in Houston anymore. (My wife and I moved out to Fulshear in 2011; weep for my daily commute.) I'm an avid sailor of a Hunter 30', superfan of the Boston Red Sox, pipe enthusiast, Dungeon Master extraordinaire, and Warhammer 40k noob.

This will mark the 6th year that my team, the PSC M0nk3ys, has played for Texas Children's Hospital. And we've been steadily growing in donations each year.

As for my gaming history, I've been playing them since my grandfather came home with the Pong console, way back in the late 1900's. Atari, Colecovision, Magnavox Odyssey (KC Munchkin, anyone?), Nintendo, Playstation, XBox...heck, I even owned the Sega CD at one point. ("Catfish to Hole Hawg...") I currently play a lot of Diablo 3, DOTA 2, & Magic Online.

Most importantly, I'm looking forward to crushing all our previous Extra Life records this year.

Bring on 10/25.