Gamerchik

Tips for Streaming a Large Group

Hey guys!

Extra-Life will be my first streaming experience and I have done a lot of preparation for my stream. However, this weekend some friends and I had an idea to get a group together to play Until Dawn on the stream as a group in my living room from 1 PS4. My one concern is that because we're playing this 1-player game as a group experience what is my best solution for audio since everyone won't have headphones available?

Currently my desktop mic option is the mic in my webcam (not ideal probably), but I'm not against buying a desktop mic that's within a budget (under $40 or cheaper).

Do you have any recommendations for how to keep the audio from reverberating/echoing while still allowing us to have this cool experience we're all hyped to do?

Thanks!

I am using a capture card and XSplit for my streaming since it allowed for more flexibility throughout the day.

We're running a 24-hour event with dozens of attendees out of a banquet room at a local hotel. I'll be bringing my PC and streaming (OBS, Twitch).

For now my plan is to use my webcam's audio plus a headset mic for commentary. We'll run a test stream the Friday night as we set up, and if need be we can buy a desktop mic like a Yeti or something. My hope is not to require it though.

• Like 1

I am using a capture card and XSplit for my streaming since it allowed for more flexibility throughout the day.

I gotcha. What my team and I do is we will have a webcam on us while we are streaming together. As long as you set up a noise gate and speak loudly then you should be fine with using that :D

I spent a few hours last night getting set up to run multiple camera feeds through my XSplit as I'm having a bunch of people over and setting up a bunch of gaming stations.  I can post some screenshots of how to do it tonight, but it basically entails having XSplit on each PC that is broadcasting a video stream, but instead of broadcasting them all to Twitch, you broadcast them to the local network and then add the RTMP address on the main feed as a source.  It will then pop up just like the hardwired webcam for that PC.  As far as I can tell (more testing to be done tonight) you can add as many as you like, although I'd imagine at some point the network may start to suffer.  

There is a short (1-2s) delay, and unless you mute the microphone on each PC will pick up and transmit sound with that video feed, so you'll have to optimize for how you want to use it.  

You may also have to open ports 554 and 5000 in your port forwarding settings for each individual IP address for each PC.  But this is where I get fuzzy.  I did it whether I needed to or not and it worked, so if it ain't broke...

• Like 1