Introduction and a question about EL Donation Progress with TwitchAlerts? - St. Louis, MO - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
baztastic

Introduction and a question about EL Donation Progress with TwitchAlerts?

Hello and Good Afternoon,

My name is Eric "Baztastic" Pogue, and I am the event coordinatior and streamer for STL BarWarz, a competitive fighting game organization here in Saint Louis. We've operated for the past 5+ years at Danno's American Pub and have recently moved out to Concord Lanes in Sunset Hills for a stretch. I am super excited that this will be our first year participating in Extra Life. I didn't initially think we'd have much traction with it, since I kinda sorta launched this project out of the blue just 5 days ago, but in those 5 days, we so far have $350 raised, already breaking our first team goal, and I dont even have teammates yet! Since are just starting out endeavors for our stream event, we will likely be having our stream day on the first Saturday in December, and once I have more information confirmed, I'll be sure to share it. It's an honor to be doing this with the many talented STL streamers we have (shoutouts to the ScreenWatchers!) and I cannot wait for this to go down.

All this leads me to an actual technical question I'm hoping someone can answer for me: with TwitchAlerts, is it somehow possible to display the progress we are having with EL 2015? Since you need to know the PayPal account info in order to attach it to your Twitch, I'm fearful there is not. I don't necessarily like the idea of people directly donating to our PayPal due to the 1% cut TA takes, as I would like to keep the 100% donation spirit alive here. 

Hope to hear a reply from someone soon, and be sure to catch us LIVE tonight at www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz at 7:30! It's our Halloween Part and EL event announcement! Should be hype!

Hello Eric and welcome! So happy to hear you are already having great success with fundraising. That's really awesome. 

I'm no Twitch expert, but make sure you check out these sub forums & posts if you haven't already:

http://community.extra-life.org/forums/forum/9-live-streaming-tips-tricks/

http://community.extra-life.org/forums/topic/2587-streampro-extra-life-alert-integration/