Still confused about how this all works. - Extra Life Q & A - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
ROCKNE82

Still confused about how this all works.

Question

Okay, I am signed up, made a team and I am getting the word out about raising money. How is my time playing tracked? Do I log into a site or something. When my time playing is done how do others know how much they have to pay. I guess what I mean, what keeps someone from saying they played for 24 hours when they really didn't?

4 answers to this question

Time played is on the honor system. So you can play the full 24 hours on Nov 7th-8th or you can break it up into two 12hr days. It's flexible. Most people donating (for me) have done a flat amount. 

Some people 'keep track' by streaming, tweeting, and posting on social media. They let people know what they are playing or how long they've been playing for, but again it's all on the honor system. 

• Like 2

I just wanted to piggy back off of this. Is there a way to donate to the actual team? Every time I try it goes to the individual and not the team. How does one get around that?

I just wanted to piggy back off of this. Is there a way to donate to the actual team? Every time I try it goes to the individual and not the team. How does one get around that?

Unfortunately it has to be to an individual. Reason being is because each Gamer selects the hospital they are raising for and there are several teams that comprise of so many people raising for their own hospitals. There is a work around to this that I have seen though. Some teams I have seen create an account to receive team donations. They usually call it something like <team name donation account> or something similar. This works if the all team members are raising for the same hospital and if they receive corporate sponsors then they can use that account for large donations instead of the company having to donate to a single person or disperse it among everyone.