If you use the EL Commercial you'll get a copyright notice - Live Streaming Tips & Tricks - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
djotaku

If you use the EL Commercial you'll get a copyright notice

So I was running the "Thank you ad"

(the link should open to the right spot) and I got a copyright notice on the file.

• MIR - Strip Sounds - BBF - Irving Washington (PRS/MCPS)
  • Sound recording
  • 3:28 - 4:29

Just a warning if you want to avoid copyright notices. Which (among other things) means THEY can run ads against your stream.

I'll share my experience with Extra Life commercials that occurred this weekend. Myself and another team member were doing our 24 hour gaming marathon this past weekend (Oct 24th). We both have twitch accounts and were going to provide two streams for viewers to switch between. Anyway, woke up and our first games on the schedule were some yard games for about an hour and a half before the video games started. So while we were streaming the outside games going on, I placed a playlist of extra life commercials/stories that totaled to about an hour of view time (commercial 1, commercial 2, EL story 1, commercial 3, commercial 4, repeat with next story) on my stream with my extra life overlay and a scrolling message stating we would be back in for video games in an hour and a half.

When we came back in, I noticed my stream was off and I couldn't log in with this nice message in my inbox:

Your account at www.twitch.tv/jerryrigged_funhouse was the subject of a Terms of Service suspension for violating the following category: Non-Gaming, Non-Music Content. As a result, we have given you a 24-hour restriction from using the site.

We were still fortunate enough to have another stream that went very well but it was a shame because I lugged a lot of hardware (40" tv, xbox one/kinect, laptop, over a 3.5 hour drive) that wouldn't be used. Not to mention the planning of the schedule for the streams that went into it. Anyway hopefully my mistake and the OP's info will prevent someone else from losing their stream.

And yes I appealed it but there was no chance of hearing back within 24 hours on a weekend.

I'll share my experience with Extra Life commercials that occurred this weekend. Myself and another team member were doing our 24 hour gaming marathon this past weekend (Oct 24th). We both have twitch accounts and were going to provide two streams for viewers to switch between. Anyway, woke up and our first games on the schedule were some yard games for about an hour and a half before the video games started. So while we were streaming the outside games going on, I placed a playlist of extra life commercials/stories that totaled to about an hour of view time (commercial 1, commercial 2, EL story 1, commercial 3, commercial 4, repeat with next story) on my stream with my extra life overlay and a scrolling message stating we would be back in for video games in an hour and a half.

When we came back in, I noticed my stream was off and I couldn't log in with this nice message in my inbox:

Your account at www.twitch.tv/jerryrigged_funhouse was the subject of a Terms of Service suspension for violating the following category: Non-Gaming, Non-Music Content. As a result, we have given you a 24-hour restriction from using the site.

We were still fortunate enough to have another stream that went very well but it was a shame because I lugged a lot of hardware (40" tv, xbox one/kinect, laptop, over a 3.5 hour drive) that wouldn't be used. Not to mention the planning of the schedule for the streams that went into it. Anyway hopefully my mistake and the OP's info will prevent someone else from losing their stream.

And yes I appealed it but there was no chance of hearing back within 24 hours on a weekend.

Good info to have. For me, if you watched the embedded video, it's just a small square I use with games that have long load times. That way I don't need to keep chatting to an empty room while the game loads. I can see where Twitch got upset.

Here's a suggestion for future - cut together a stream of commercials and old stream gameplay. I'm sure they'd be fine with that.