Extra Life Tattoos - Got one? Know of one? Do tell! - Page 3 - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
KnightHarbinger

Extra Life Tattoos - Got one? Know of one? Do tell!

Here's mine that I got in 2016 as a stretch goal. #FTK

I put in some hidden dates to make it even more special to me.

5/15 my wedding anniversry

12/21 my birthday

12/25 my wife's birthday

38 the age when I got the tattoo

13100700_10210202163556917_2167789052199878678_n.jpg

• Like 1

Updated mine to add three more years worth of icons.  This time I moved away from the Zelda heart containers with a Zelda red potion, a 1up, and an invincibility star.

owcropped.jpg

So far no plans for a 2019 EL tattoos but given my love for them I could probably be convinced! hahaha

I joined Extra Life 3 years ago on a whim just to see if I could do the 24 hour gaming challenge. After that game day I got a message to join the local guild. I did that and from there found the twitch side of EL. I applied to become a mod and have met so many incredible people and have accomplished alot. It's done wonders for my mental health alone. But then last november I learned about Maddox. Maddox was a local teenager who had terminal cancer and wanted to do his own "game day stream" to help raise money. His goal was to be remembered as a champion and not just another kid with cancer. I, with the help of guild president Richard Moser (Yinz all know him, haha), got him up and running on Twitch. Along with the help of several other Extra-Lifers we were able to help Maddox raise over $16k, a record for our hospital. On my game day I had a donation incentive to get an Extra Life tattoo. Mid January Maddox bravely lost his fight and I knew what I wanted my tattoo to be. Maddox is why I Extra Life now. His Twitch name was MadGhost0821. AshleyAwoww, a stream team member, was the one who drew this up and I just got it on Friday. 

D0C813jX0AA3fQt.jpg

• Like 2

So, I've been wanting to get an EL themed tattoo for the last 3 years, but was having issues finding an artist that I was comfortable with/confident in to get it done right. This past weekend my guild (Birmingham, AL Guild) was running the Video Game Lounge for Magic City Con and they typically have tattoo artists come down from Unkindness Art for the vendor/artist hall.

After looking at the artists portfolio (Lindsay Hall was the artist), I loved her artwork and decided to pitch the idea to her and asked her to have fun with it (she's an artist after all, gotta let her do her thing). She was so excited to work on the design, I was very confident it was going to be amazing... and I wasn't wrong!

Took about 5 hours to get done, but I couldn't be happier with this piece, she nailed it. Planning on trying to get her to turn that whole arm into a gaming/nerd sleeve 🙂

IMG_20190622_172425.jpg