Sapience

Official Extra Life PSN Community

Hi everyone!
With the launch of the new PSN Communities we've created an official Extra Life community.  The community is simply named "Extra Life" and has no specific game attached. It's just a place for Extra Lifers to meet up and play with people from this amazing community, all across the world.

The community is run by myself and the rest of the Extra Life team and the PSN ID that owns the community is ExtraLife4Kids. If it's logged in it's always one of us.

• Like 4

Sent a friends request, then can join the community since Sony hasn't allowed people to do searches for communities yet.  

PSN - josephofinelli 

Will be playing Black ops 3 the day of the event on my PS4.

Everyone who has asked has been included. To make things a bit easier just send a friend request to EXTRALIFE4KIDS, that's our official PSN account. Then you can see the community and join it.

• Like 2

Oh nice! I will have to do this! It'll be cool to see what all the Extra Lifers are playing :D

Is this still a thing?  I know the leadership team was reshuffled.  Kind of curious if this is an active community or not.

I'm in the PSN community. It's still going as far as I can tell. :)

5 hours ago, cptjecht said:

Just got a slim, can I get an invite? :D PSN: CptJecht

If no one else does by then, I'll invite you when I get home.

22 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

Me too, me too - herobyclicking

I didn't end up having time to get on the PS4 last night, so I'll invite you both tonight if no one beats me to it!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, cptjecht said:

Just got a slim, can I get an invite? :D PSN: CptJecht

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, herobyclicking said:

Me too, me too - herobyclicking

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, heartandthesynapse said:

An invite for kingofthisnight would be great too!

Finally figured out why my PSN connection wasn't working. Anyway, as of yesterday evening, you three should have received an invite.

• Like 2

May I have an invite as well? Is this part of the PS Communities on the Network or something threw a third party site like facebook?

I think I have actually met you at one of the old Guild meetings a long time ago by the way... I recognize your face in the picture. 

17 hours ago, Patchex said:

May I have an invite as well? Is this part of the PS Communities on the Network or something threw a third party site like facebook?

I think I have actually met you at one of the old Guild meetings a long time ago by the way... I recognize your face in the picture. 

Sure, I'll try to remember to get you added the next time I log in.

6 hours ago, K8Morosky said:

Sure, I'll try to remember to get you added the next time I log in.

On 10/29/2015 at 3:41 PM, Sapience said:

Everyone who has asked has been included. To make things a bit easier just send a friend request to EXTRALIFE4KIDS, that's our official PSN account. Then you can see the community and join it.

If the community is what I think it is, you can only join if you have a Ps4 right? I know the groups can be joined by anyone yet not the Communities. They are like the Forums yet private and for Ps4 users only? 

Also it looks like the account is ExtraLife4Kids, right?

That's right @Patchex, it's a PS4 thing. You could create a party for group users, there's a chat wall, not a ton else but it's fun to have Extra Lifers come together on the platform anyhow.

Again, to writ, Rick (Sapience) is no longer officially involved with Extra Life. So that PSN account, presumably set up by him, may no longer be active. Won't stop us from using the community there however!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2016 at 4:01 PM, Sean Rooney said:

That's right @Patchex, it's a PS4 thing. You could create a party for group users, there's a chat wall, not a ton else but it's fun to have Extra Lifers come together on the platform anyhow.

Again, to writ, Rick (Sapience) is no longer officially involved with Extra Life. So that PSN account, presumably set up by him, may no longer be active. Won't stop us from using the community there however!

That is sad... I am sorry to hear he is not active any more... I wonder why? Not to put a damper on the Guilds yet I also had some issues with the way my Local Guild was being run... That's not an issue as far as my participation goes though... I have been doing this for my community and my own children as long as I have been able. 

Yes this is one of those times where Platform among other things make no difference.  Sadly I sold my Ps4 and will not be purchasing another one in the near future as far as I can tell... I do own 3 PS3's and a PsVita. I am not sure if I can start a Group sadly. I also have not found a way to join the communities, even though I would if I could. I also have the PlayStation App on my android. If someone from your Community would be kind enough to start a Group chat I would be more then happy to join. I am not comfortable with having to add people I do not know in order to make the Group even if I could figure out how to... I might be able to on the Vita, yet I spend most of my gaming time on my Ps3. I will be live streaming my extra life hours like I have for the past 5 years. 

I have posted a thread here on this forums linking the other PlayStation associated Forum posts that I know of. Please feel free to let me know If I can add any of you to the PlayStation forum post I have made. Please include our PSN ID and Donation page so I can add it to the OP. I have tried three other threads here on the Extra life Forum. This is the only thread I have received a response on... 

Here is the Link to that thread...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Extra-Life-2016/m-p/45998205

Also in the OP post I have linked all the other PlayStation forum threads I could find in my previous posts. A few of my friends and I have been very active on the PlayStation forums in the past with Extra Life, and I was at the very first local Guild meeting ever made from what I can tell... I met Dr. Adams at that meeting... He seems like a very down to earth person... I hope you all have a great Game day, and feel free to contact me here or in the PSN messaging system if you like. Happy Gaming... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patchex said:

That is sad... I am sorry to hear he is not active any more... I wonder why? Not to put a damper on the Guilds yet I also had some issues with the way my Local Guild was being run... That's not an issue as far as my participation goes though... I have been doing this for my community and my own children as long as I have been able. 

At the beginning of this year there was a shuffle in community leadership so I believe Rick's position as community manager was eliminated at that point. 

I'm sorry for any woes you had with your local guild, and am glad it hasn't affected your interest in participating in Extra Life. Honestly, I might chalk up any past issues to growing pains. Suffice to say there have been many changes and improvements within the guilds this year, so you might consider re-connecting. @stodd.ELBoston not only runs a tight ship in the Boston Guild these days, but is also the Tori's Angels member in charge of moderating all guilds in the Northeast US - if anyone can help you sort out any problems you had, it's him.

• Like 2

Thank you for the information... I think I remember meeting him... I understand about start up growing pains...  I am still working with Extra Life. I will think about rejoining my local guild yet for now I am just doing what I can to be helpful... 

• Like 1

I had a ton of tech issues and was not able to complete my 24-25 hour run on the 5th this year, so I just thought I would drop in to say I am going to re try my run Thursday, Thanksgiving day this year... if anyone else is up for some Turkey Day Fund raising and Gaming feel free to join me... 

• Like 2