The "I'm Going to ELU" Thread - Page 2 - Extra Life United 2016 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Doc

The "I'm Going to ELU" Thread

Agreed!  There is something to be said for paying a little bit more vs. the time, hassle, etc. of trying to go a "cheaper route".  And in some cases paying almost as much if not more.  It's a hard comparison to see at but when you think about it enough and far out enough it begins to make more sense I think.  Especially with whatever X amount of travel experience you might have.

o/  ;)

Jason from the Detroit Guild here. I'm actually able to go this year!

I'm definitely looking to share a room with 4. I looked around and found some pretty good rates at a different Disney resort though.

Super pumped and can't wait for this to get here already. Didn't here about ELU until it was to late last year. Glad I got in on time this year. 

• Like 1

Just got registered for ELU2! I cannot wait to see everybody! Last time was so much fun! 

1598531_842041262484411_6245481670196280252_o.jpg

• Like 3

Ooh! I just found a couple of random photos from last year. Including a picture of the infamous scavenger hunt list! ^_^ Hope you weren't planning on trying to re-use it, Rick! :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Heya folks! Is anyone looking for a room for ELU? I've got 2 spots left that (one bed, one floor spot). Hotel is already booked (All Star Sports Value Resort), pricing is listed in the ELU room thread, along with additional info. :D Just shoot me a message if you have any questions or want a spot!

• Like 1

Hey all,

Jamison from the Portland, Maine guild here. I just found out a few days ago that I'm coming to ELU to compete for The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital! I'm being joined by one of my best friends Rob, and we're both super excited to come down and meet everyone. This opportunity means a ton to me, as Extra Life is a huge passion of mine. Counting down the days!

• Like 4

On 11/13/2015, 1:05:24, K8Morosky said:

Ooh! I just found a couple of random photos from last year. Including a picture of the infamous scavenger hunt list! ^_^ Hope you weren't planning on trying to re-use it, Rick! :)

image.jpeg

Oh! I'm glad someone actually saved a pic of that! I really want to do it again this year. I know there were a few grumbles (You're sending gamers OUTSIDE!!?? ACK!), but the overwhelming response was positive and people seemed to have a lot of fun. Considering I made that one up in my hotel room the night before, I think I can do a little better this year with some advanced planning. :)

• Like 6

Finally got my registration! 

I'm SO excited to be coming back- I'm ready to win big for my hospital!!!! 

• Like 7

On 12/22/2015 at 7:21 AM, raebucher said:

Finally got my registration! 

I'm SO excited to be coming back- I'm ready to win big for my hospital!!!! 

And there was much rejoicing! 

• Like 2

So you all can know more about me be prepared for a nice and detailed write up below.

My name is Andrew when I'm not helping raising money for kids I write at the site Marooners' Rock and have wrote for sites such as SFX-360/Digital Noob. Some of you may remember the Gamers Gone Wild Party at PAX if any of you went. Anyways, this is my second year of doing Extra Life, which last year I raised 175 and this year I'm over $3,000 raised. I helped raise money for WVU Children's Hospital. This year I will be attended ELU and this will be my first time doing something this big. I'll be looking forward to meeting all of you learning great ways to help promote and talk about Extra Life in my area on top of making new friends. I'll be getting into Fla. around 3pm and after finding my way out of MCO I'll be heading to the hotel, but as for which one I'm not sure just yet and can update.

• Like 3

So I'll be staying at the Coronado hotel that the conference is at. Is there a specific section that would be better to stay in? I looked at their hotel map and the place looks massive. Not really wanting to have a 15 minute walk from my room to the convention. 

My brother and I will be attending this year! I have attended guild meetings for the Milwaukee/Madison guild and am so impressed by how hard we all work for Extra Life and the how different we all are, it truly is a diverse group of people with an amazing goal.

This will be our first time going to anything like this and my brother and I will be participating in the console/pc tracks. I joined Extra Life through Reddit 3 years ago and since then it is by far the most rewarding thing I do all year!

• Like 3

On 1/15/2016 at 1:50 PM, ironsides24 said:

So I'll be staying at the Coronado hotel that the conference is at. Is there a specific section that would be better to stay in? I looked at their hotel map and the place looks massive. Not really wanting to have a 15 minute walk from my room to the convention. 

Coronado is huge! So is the Disney World property though, so while you might have to walk a bit, it beats being at another one of the resorts and trying to shuttle over. 

It doesn't look like they have space selected on the official CMN site. Maybe @Sapience knows? Or @DJThunderstix?

http://www.cvent.com/events/momentum-2016/event-summary-f76ef8dbaf3c4a85b632ef98a3072d6f.aspx

44 minutes ago, herobyclicking said:

Coronado is huge! So is the Disney World property though, so while you might have to walk a bit, it beats being at another one of the resorts and trying to shuttle over. 

It doesn't look like they have space selected on the official CMN site. Maybe @Sapience knows? Or @DJThunderstix?

http://www.cvent.com/events/momentum-2016/event-summary-f76ef8dbaf3c4a85b632ef98a3072d6f.aspx

Everything is taking place in Veracruz Ballroom. If you can swing a room closest to that, it'd be ideal! But anywhere at Coronado Springs will be great.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DJThunderstix said:

Everything is taking place in Veracruz Ballroom. If you can swing a room closest to that, it'd be ideal! But anywhere at Coronado Springs will be great.

Thanks for the info @DJThunderstix very helpful. Only 33 more day.

• Like 1

Hi! 

I'm Lexy, coming for the first time as a guest with my partner Bill (who's returning). 

We're supporting the Twin Cities Children's hospitals. 

I'm not signed up to compete, just spectate, for now, but I'm a captain of the Minnesota Drinking Team, which is a social aid and pleasure club dedicated to supporting worthy causes (so this is totally up my alley), and, a big beer nerd.

I'm wondering if any fellow beer or general zymurgy nerds would be interested in a home brew or cellar/regional beer swap of any sort. I live in the land of Surly and might be able to convince my amazing man to snuggle a bunch into his checked bag. :) 

I can be a bit shy at first, but I'm game for all manner of shenanigans and happy to meet other fun-havers. 

I have pink and blue (and everything inbetween) hair, so feel free to say hey, or Weinerschnitzel!! (Just because that is a great word), if you see me lurking! 

I can't wait! 

My gmail is hurricaneAlexis. pls send a note if you're up for a bitty brew swap or anything. ?

we are staying in All Star Music. Coming in late Monday. 

Cheers! 

• Like 3

Hey all, 

Keith here from the Richmond, Virginia guild! I raise funds for the Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU. I'm volunteering as a member of Tori's Angels this year, so I won't be competing, but I'm super excited to get to meet folks from around the states!

I noticed that we have some time Wednesday and Friday afternoon/evenings, so I wonder if other folks are planning on going into the parks for a partial day? Would love to hang with some other EL friends and explore the Disney magic, as my opportunity to do so is rare. I know they have discounted tickets to the parks as part of our convention attendance. Wednesday night there are extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom until midnight, so that'd be a fun way to get the most of the day! 

Planning on bringing things like 3DS, PS Vita for impromptu mobile gaming, too!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kwickxotic said:

Hey all, 

Keith here from the Richmond, Virginia guild! I raise funds for the Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU. I'm volunteering as a member of Tori's Angels this year, so I won't be competing, but I'm super excited to get to meet folks from around the states!

I noticed that we have some time Wednesday and Friday afternoon/evenings, so I wonder if other folks are planning on going into the parks for a partial day? Would love to hang with some other EL friends and explore the Disney magic, as my opportunity to do so is rare. I know they have discounted tickets to the parks as part of our convention attendance. Wednesday night there are extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom until midnight, so that'd be a fun way to get the most of the day! 

Hey Keith!

A fellow Angel! Yay! 

If magic happens I will hopefully have a new 3DS in tow, if not, my silly 2DS will have to do. I better dust off my Animal Crossing, I know it has to be covered with weeds. I hope to get to the parks in some fashion too, Wednesday night sounds like a great idea. 

• Like 3

Heya @Kwickxotic! I'm definitely down for getting some park action with fellow ELers! I wasn't planning to at all (I've so much homework due that week :/), but didn't realize the schedule ended at 4pm! That leaves plenty of time to chill with folks! You can count me in! @herobyclicking I am so excited to meet you dude haha Be prepared for a big ol' gnome hug :P

• Like 3

Only one park visit is in the budget for my husband and I this year - We're hoping to go back to Epcot this year. We managed to go for a couple of hours last year, but I don't think we even saw half the park. I noticed Epcot is doing Extra Magic hours until 11:00pm on Tuesday. Who would be up for that?

• Like 1

Just now, K8Morosky said:

Only one park visit is in the budget for my husband and I this year - We're hoping to go back to Epcot this year. We managed to go for a couple of hours last year, but I don't think we even saw half the park. I noticed Epcot is doing Extra Magic hours until 11:00pm on Tuesday. Who would be up for that?

I remember Epcot from last year's shenanigans, I tentatively agree to this, with much trepidation.  

9 minutes ago, herobyclicking said:

I remember Epcot from last year's shenanigans, I tentatively agree to this, with much trepidation.  

We actually missed out on those shenanigans, though I've heard stories... lol. I think our preference would be for a low key sort of evening.

Trish and I are down with whatever folks want to do. That said we arrive Saturday night and will be hitting one park Monday!

If you guys want to do Epcot Tuesday, I suspect we will check out the new Star Wars stuff Monday at Hollywood Studios.

7 hours ago, Kwickxotic said:

Hey all, 

Hooray! Someone else who owns a Vita! Guess I'll add that to my list of things to pack!