Sign in to follow this  
Cadele

Pre-Stream Feedback

Would anyone care to look at/critique my Twitch profile? Does it seem easily understood/informative enough for those who watch? Should I add more to it? Are there any redundancies on the page?

Any advice is definitely welcome. I'm getting nervous because I want to stream, but I have no way to check out the stream (only 1 computer) to make sure it's working properly. Anyway, here's the link to my channel...

http://www.twitch.tv/cadele88

Thank you in advance!

~Casey

I think it looks pretty good! I was hoping you had some highlighted videos saved so others could get a preview of what you stream. I would recommended adding a list of games that you like to play. I would also add a note reminding people that donations are tax-deductible. That's always a nice way to convince people who are on the fence about donating.

I think it looks pretty good! I was hoping you had some highlighted videos saved so others could get a preview of what you stream. I would recommended adding a list of games that you like to play. I would also add a note reminding people that donations are tax-deductible. That's always a nice way to convince people who are on the fence about donating.

Thank you very much for the advice! I didn't think about any of that stuff. I haven't really added any videos yet because I haven't had the time to make any, but I'm hoping that this week will allow me to do just that. :)

Looks good. Surprisingly enough I have noticed not a lot of people will actually come in and look below your stream (Unless you tell them too).

It does look really nice though, the images are very clear that you use, and everything links fine. I do like the idea of a games list (If you have a certain set of games you play all the time). For myself it would be useless for me to have a games list since I change all the time. Another note is maybe...if you are willing to, put your GT, Origin ID, PSN ID, BattleTag, etc. on there as well or something along the lines of "If you wish to join in on any of my games, just ask to join or ask for my GT, Origin ID, etc. etc. etc."

Looks good. Surprisingly enough I have noticed not a lot of people will actually come in and look below your stream (Unless you tell them too).

It does look really nice though, the images are very clear that you use, and everything links fine. I do like the idea of a games list (If you have a certain set of games you play all the time). For myself it would be useless for me to have a games list since I change all the time. Another note is maybe...if you are willing to, put your GT, Origin ID, PSN ID, BattleTag, etc. on there as well or something along the lines of "If you wish to join in on any of my games, just ask to join or ask for my GT, Origin ID, etc. etc. etc."

I've contemplated doing that, but I think I want to give it a little time so I can get used to this and get established a little more. :)

This is a really good point. It's surprising how few people actually scroll down and look at the information below your video window. Never assume people have done so or that your information is being seen. Find a way to put it in the stream if you can.

This is a really good point. It's surprising how few people actually scroll down and look at the information below your video window. Never assume people have done so or that your information is being seen. Find a way to put it in the stream if you can.

And if you can't put important info in the stream window, make sure your most important message sits at the top of your info list so it's just below the video window. Give it a colorful title or picture to draw attention to it.

Thank you so very much everyone! With all of your advice, I'm feeling much more confident about my first stream. :D

Would anyone care to look at/critique my Twitch profile? Does it seem easily understood/informative enough for those who watch? Should I add more to it? Are there any redundancies on the page?

Any advice is definitely welcome. I'm getting nervous because I want to stream, but I have no way to check out the stream (only 1 computer) to make sure it's working properly. Anyway, here's the link to my channel...

http://www.twitch.tv/cadele88

Thank you in advance!

~Casey

I did notice that no one mentioning using Moobot or Nightbot to do auto posts. Both Moobot & Nightbot are not just useful as moderators but can be used to auto post info such as Extra Life donations, stream schedule, etc.