Sapience

StreamPro Extra Life alert Integration

All I can say is wow. This is marvelous. So much better than what I was using before.

Can't wait to try out a stream on Saturday.

Only thing that I'd like to see added would be a team goal tracker. Since my personal goal has been met, and the team one is far more important to me right now, that can hopefully be added before game day.

• Like 2

I followed the link to the page and it kept auto reloading when I clicked on "Connect Your Twitch Account." Anyone else have this happen with their browser? Apparently it is only doing that with Safari, FireFox and Chrome worked fine.

*Edit: This is awesome! I can't wait to start using it.

Edited by GriffinGamez

@TheGiant told me about this during my stream last night. I am really impressed with it! I am definitely looking forward for team goal and donation integration but for now this is really awesome! 

• Like 2

I've been messing with it a good bit. Added a png file of our local hospital's logo as well that I edited in photoshop. This makes life SO much easier. Only improvement for them in general would be the ability to adjust the size of an inserted image once it's added. Otherwise, this rocks and looks great. 

Edited by GriffinGamez

I love this program. I really wish I could get the Extra Life Goal Widget to work on the 720 resolution. It just doesn't show up on anything lower than 1080 which is a shame because I 

A  ) don't want to stream in 1080 

B  ) don't want to settle for any other goal amount tracker because this one is integrated so it auto updates and it looks fantastic. Observe attached. Changing the resolution to 720 drops out the goal and chat widgets despite having them added in the layout editor

If there is a solution to this, let me know. I did edit the standard "goal donation widget" to make it look like the extra life one but it's not integrated so I have to enter the amount during every donation, which isn't a huge deal but if I could avoid it, I would.

goal.png

Got an email response super fast from the boys at streampro fixing the issue. If anyone needs the fix let me know

• Like 1

Got an email response super fast from the boys at streampro fixing the issue. If anyone needs the fix let me know

I'd like the fix, if they gave you a workaround.  Otherwise, did they give you an idea as to when the fix would be implemented?

I'd like the fix, if they gave you a workaround.  Otherwise, did they give you an idea as to when the fix would be implemented?

Sorry for the delay AGL. They gave me a workaround yes, it wasn't the most convenient but I got what I wanted.

The response: Hi there,

You can try adding the widgets manually by creating a new theme and then applying the extra life theme after you add the goal widget. Does that make sense? Let me know if that doesn't work. 

Everything sat in the place I wanted at 720, however it took a lot more work as I had to change the font colors of the goal widgets to match the ones of the extra life theme. Not a huge deal but it was pretty sweet just clicking theme and having it all done for you under 1080 originally. I didn't add the theme in afterwards like he said, just simply uploaded the background overlay pic I downloaded from the extra life media bundle
Edited by DonnieV

This is cool.  I probably won't use it just because I like my minimalist-looking stream and have been using Breadman's widget religiously, but I'm definitely recommending this to friends who want something easy that looks awesome and does everything that my setup does without having 14 widgets and media thingies!  Love seeing how many different companies are working with Extra Life, it's awesome.  Even in the two and a half years that I've been a part of Extra Life it's grown leaps and bounds on that front!

Hey everyone, Andrew from StreamPro here.  We are excited for the event and I just wanted to drop by and give you a quick update and answer some of your questions:

- For anyone wanting to stream at 720p and having issues with the Extra Life theme, it is because the images and widgets in the theme are created for 1080p.  You can remove those images from your overlay and instead use a resized version for your overlay size from the Broadcasting Toolkit here: http://community.extra-life.org/files/category/16-streaming-overlays/

- NerdOrDie has created a great quick-start video for connecting your Extra Life account and using StreamPro for the first time, you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejL9UxRu3TI

- We also support showing your team goal at the same time as your personal goal now.  I created a quick video showing the process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIte6zOAmM

- You can use some of the information in the two videos above to learn how to create a very minimalistic overlay.  The Extra Life theme is only an option to get you started quickly.  After adding it, you can delete any of the widgets/images it uses, or change their settings to make it look however minimal you prefer.

- We will be actively monitoring for any bugs or issues with the service during the whole event this weekend.  Tweet us @StreamProIO or fill out the form on the support page if you have any questions or problems and we will get back to you ASAP!

Thanks so much for checking us out, the community here is incredible and we are very proud to say that thanks to all of the awesome streamers, we have assisted with notifications for over $150,000 in donations to Extra Life so far, and we can't wait to see how the event goes this weekend!

• Like 5

Looks like StreamPro.io has kicked the bucket. ):

Anyone have an alternative? Everything about streampro was awesome. Custom GFX, custom sounds, text to speech. I'm really bummed to see it broken.

2 minutes ago, kavmac said:

@Dig Douglas as in the downtime they're encountering right now? they're aware of it: 

or were you referring to their announcement here: https://streampro.io/blog/uncategorized/announcement-streampro-has-joined-the-twitchalerts-team/ ?

With their previous tweets about all dev time being allocated to Twitch Alerts, I thought this meant that no more time was being put into StreamPro...so when it went down, I thought it might be down for good.

I'm glad to see them still support Streampro. The EL functionality is bar none the best in the business. I just hope they roll Extra Life support into TwitchAlerts before StreamPro goes down for good. 

Thanks to these guys for keeping an awesome tool functional. You are the best.

• Like 1