herobyclicking

Welcome! Introduce yourself!

1 hour ago, zopie said:

Hello, I recently joined up to participate this year. In the past I've donated to others, but for 2017 I want to raise money for a local hospital. I even got a local game store to agree to host a 24 hour marathon at the store. I'm really excited!

Welcome! That sounds super fun! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I am posting on behalf of my son, William. He's about to turn 12. Ever since he was five, he's had a passion for helping the less fortunate, especially sick children. He loves gaming, and when we heard about Extra Life at our Pokemon tournament, he knew this was the cause he wanted to support this year.

He doesn't have a stream or twitch or anything yet, as I have no idea how to set up that kind of thing. I got an e-mail for him regarding the guild, so I look forward to him getting to know y'all!

So far, he has raised $290, and his goal is to break his previous record of $1800.
https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=247261

Feel free to let us know what we need to start doing or prepare to do!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MarvelReader said:

Hi everyone!

I am posting on behalf of my son, William. He's about to turn 12. Ever since he was five, he's had a passion for helping the less fortunate, especially sick children. He loves gaming, and when we heard about Extra Life at our Pokemon tournament, he knew this was the cause he wanted to support this year.

He doesn't have a stream or twitch or anything yet, as I have no idea how to set up that kind of thing. I got an e-mail for him regarding the guild, so I look forward to him getting to know y'all!

So far, he has raised $290, and his goal is to break his previous record of $1800.
https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=247261

Feel free to let us know what we need to start doing or prepare to do!

Welcome to the Extra Life community!

Extra Life is fantastic to share with family and friends, great work supporting your son's ambition to help other kids. No need to stream! You do what works best for you and your family. If you are interested in learning how to set-up a stream, we are happy to help! Head on over to this thread...

http://community.extra-life.org/forums/forum/9-live-streaming-tips-tricks/

Or reach out to one of the Stream Team Members...

Regardless, welcome! Let us know if you have any questions. 

Hello everyone,

I'm Patricio or Patrick whatever your prefer, a variety and new broadcaster on Twitch. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I recently joined to Twitch to particpate on Extra Life for the kids, I currently play in support of Boston Children's Hospital.

This is a real challenge for me because I don't have much followers and contacts, I have to work from the beggining to acomplish my goal.

When I'm not Streaming\Playing, I'm in University finishing my carreer, working, etc.

If you want to help me, please follow and share my channel to your contacts. I leave my personal accounts below.

Twitter:@Patricio_240805

Instagram: patricio_tv

• Like 2

Hey guys, 

My name is josh AKA Jay Fox, I’m 16 and proud to be here to make a difference! This is my second year doing this charity and I’m glad to be back :) 

• Like 2

On 6/14/2017 at 7:06 AM, Patricio_tv said:

Hello everyone,

I'm Patricio or Patrick whatever your prefer, a variety and new broadcaster on Twitch. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I recently joined to Twitch to particpate on Extra Life for the kids, I currently play in support of Boston Children's Hospital.

This is a real challenge for me because I don't have much followers and contacts, I have to work from the beggining to acomplish my goal.

When I'm not Streaming\Playing, I'm in University finishing my carreer, working, etc.

If you want to help me, please follow and share my channel to your contacts. I leave my personal accounts below.

Twitter:@Patricio_240805

Instagram: patricio_tv

Hello @Patricio_tv!

We were at E3 in the South Hall, did you happen to swing by?

I also see that you are a part of the Extra Life Stream Team! Welcome. 

Let us know if you have any questions. 

12 hours ago, Joshua Updegrove said:

Hey guys, 

My name is josh AKA Jay Fox, I’m 16 and proud to be here to make a difference! This is my second year doing this charity and I’m glad to be back :) 

Hello Joshua, 

Welcome back! We are proud to have you here. Have another fantastic year. :EL:

Hello everyone Jared Kinter here! Father to the most amazing 8 year old girl in the world and avid gamer and anime fan!

Once again I am gaming for The Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.

This is my 5th year participating! 

I Extra Life for my 8 year old daughter Autumn Rayne who has Benign Rolandic Epilepsy, ADHD and possible Autism.

I usually stream games such as Strider, Rogue Galaxy, Saints Row 4 Re-Elected Edition, Shadow Warrior, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Final Fantasy XV, Grand Theft Auto 5, WWE2K16 and Shadow Of Mordor GOTY Edition on PS4.

However this year I will be streaming Friday The 13th The Game for game day 2017! I am so excited to once again participate in this wonderful cause to benefit the children!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GamerDadJ81 said:

Hello everyone Jared Kinter here! Father to the most amazing 8 year old girl in the world and avid gamer and anime fan!

Once again I am gaming for The Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.

This is my 5th year participating! 

I Extra Life for my 8 year old daughter Autumn Rayne who has Benign Rolandic Epilepsy, ADHD and possible Autism.

I usually stream games such as Strider, Rogue Galaxy, Saints Row 4 Re-Elected Edition, Shadow Warrior, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Final Fantasy XV, Grand Theft Auto 5, WWE2K16 and Shadow Of Mordor GOTY Edition on PS4.

However this year I will be streaming Friday The 13th The Game for game day 2017! I am so excited to once again participate in this wonderful cause to benefit the children!

Welcome Jared and thanks for sharing!

We have a fantastic group of Extra Lifers in Nashville, I hope you have a chance to connect with them if you haven't already!

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone I just joined the forums even though i've been an Extra Lifer since 2014. you can read up on my profile if you want about why i Extra Life. I'm a gamer playing many games and I stream on weekends. this will be my 4th charity stream this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, - The Rose - said:

Hey everyone I just joined the forums even though i've been an Extra Lifer since 2014. you can read up on my profile if you want about why i Extra Life. I'm a gamer playing many games and I stream on weekends. this will be my 4th charity stream this year.

Welcome @- The Rose -!

Glad to have you join us on the Community Hub! Let us know if you have any questions!

4 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

Welcome @- The Rose -!

Glad to have you join us on the Community Hub! Let us know if you have any questions!

Only question i really have is, how to use streamlabs for donations. wanted to look into it for my charity stream this year, and can I link it to my donation page so donations go straight to you guys instead of from me to you?

2 hours ago, - The Rose - said:

Only question i really have is, how to use streamlabs for donations. wanted to look into it for my charity stream this year, and can I link it to my donation page so donations go straight to you guys instead of from me to you?

Streamlabs works pretty well. It still needs a donation total tracker and doesn't allow you to really differentiate between Extra Life donations and regular ones. Here's the info:

https://support.streamlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/236189528-How-to-setup-Extra-Life-alerts

We have a couple community members who have created their own Extra Life donation alert trackers too

Hope that helps!

• I want to help children get desperately needed donations.
  • .....an Hour lol
  • John Hopkins Hospital, this is because I was a patient there as an infant.
  • Not a member of a Guild
  • Gaming
  • Geeze um, 3ds, Vita, PsP, PS4, PC.

Hello my name is Scott Munro, but you can call me Jagger Froid.

• Why do you Extra Life?

Because I want to help children and I have a knack for livestreaming.

• How long have you been participating?

This is my first year

• What Hospital do you play for and why?

BC Children's Hospital, because I live in the Vancouver area

• Are you a member of one of our Guilds?

No

• What do you do when you aren't helping kids?

Work, play video games, draw

• What do you play? 
    • PC, Console, handheld? All three. But currently PC, Nintendo Switch, and 3DS.
    • Tabletop? I never played any tabletop
    • Cosplay/Creative? I do cosplay. I also want to draw more.