General Discussion - Orlando, FL - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Lancemanon

General Discussion

This is where you can talk about anything! Or, at least anything that does not already have a topic that is better suited to what you want to talk about. Also, try and keep it Extra Life, Guild, and game related. Thanks!

Hey guys, it was great meeting everyone last night at Gods and Monsters!  I wanted to check in and confirm the name of the guild's team so that I can join up my extra life profile.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found the right team.

Edited by Graydon

Hey guys, it was great meeting everyone last night at Gods and Monsters!  I wanted to check in and confirm the name of the guild's team so that I can join up my extra life profile.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found the right team.

Welcome aboard!

In an effort to see some activity in the thread, what has everyone's favorite game of the year been so far?

For this year definitely Fallout 4 hands down. But I may be a little biased, see the Favorite Games thread.  =)

On 8/16/2016 at 11:05 AM, Graydon said:

For this year definitely Fallout 4 hands down. But I may be a little biased, see the Favorite Games thread.  =)

Except that came out last year :P

Hands down the game of the year so far is Uncharted 4. Masterfully crafted story and acting with solid gunplay. It even has a solid muliplayer component which isn't even what that series is known for.

Oops, you're completely right. Shows I haven't had much time for gaming this year.  lol

Hey guys, just curious on how much commitment is needed to join the local Orlando Guild. I have a busy schedule but I'd love to support more then streaming once a year on Extra Life Day. Maybe join and all nighter / raiser  or host one or come out to a few events when I can. Let me know how I can help. 

Hey FATAL 0CD, there is no strict commitment needed. Basically you can come to whatever events you can/want to come to. It's a good idea to try and make the monthly meeting as often as possible, however there's obviously no punishment for not attending. So really there's as much or as little commitment as you want there to be!

• Like 1

ok sign me up! how to i get notifications or linked into the Orlando guild? I want in!! haha isnt their a App to i can get for my phone? a calendar of events? 

I am streaming this weekend btw for Game Day Nov 5th  Noon - 10pm and have free waffles. so anyone in the Palm Coast area, feel free to stop by .

https://www.twitch.tv/fatal0cd

Awesome! I will link you to the Guild calendar below where we post all our upcoming events. As far as notifications, the forums are the best way to get all the information you need, but we also have a Facebook group chat we use for non-guild chatting and time sensitive guild information relay, if that makes sense. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, so I hope you had a great game day stream! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We also have our November Guild meeting tonight at 6:30pm located at Gods & Monsters at the Artegon Marketplace on International drive. You can also find that info on the event page for it in the calendar. Hopefully you can make it down!

http://community.extra-life.org/calendar/40-orlando-guild/

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to post your top 5 games of the year in order to see what everyone enjoyed playing this year. Only include games you've played and games that were released in 2016. My list is as follows:

1. Uncharted 4

2. Titanfall 2

3. Battlefield 1

4. Watch_Dogs 2

5. The Last Guardian

Honorable Mention: FIFA 17

Upon writing this list, I realized I didn't finish or even play that many games this year. Having said that, of those I have played, this is the order and I stand by it. I look forward to seeing other people's lists!

EDIT: I moved The Last Guardian into the list, and moved FIFA as an honorable mention because of how often I play and enjoy it.

I thought I hadn't played that many games in 2016 but in thinking of a top 5, I'd be mistaken.

5. Clash Royale

4. Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright)

3. Ratchet & Clank

2. Uncharted 4

1. Overwatch

22 hours ago, ayc027 said:

I thought I hadn't played that many games in 2016 but in thinking of a top 5, I'd be mistaken.

5. Clash Royale

4. Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright)

3. Ratchet & Clank

2. Uncharted 4

1. Overwatch

That's a solid list, considering I haven't played 4 or 5.

• Like 1

Hi there! So I think this would be the place to introduce myself. I'm Victoria and head of the RT Florida community group for Rooster Teeth. Most of you probably know them since they partnered with Extra Life, but also because they do such a great job raising money for the Dell Children's Medical Center in Texas. Well, we're a collection of fans that get together and do parties, meet ups, online gaming. Essentially, we're a community through and through. We just started Extra Life last year and we're ecstatic that we were even able to raise almost $1,500 for the kids. It was an odd situation though because those of us who steamed together last year were scattered across Florida (Orlando, Gainesville, and Jacksonville) playing for the Wolfon Children's Hospital in Jax, even though a lot of us are located here in Orlando. It's a confusing dynamic I know and our team is scattered even further across the state in Tallahassee, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Miami. Any way, we support Wolfson (let me know if that's an issue and if I should head to the Jacksonville Guild) because two of our members had personal experiences with that hospital and wanted to make a difference. 

Anyway, after last year's great success, we're excited to stream again this year in support of the kids and decided it was time to get involved with the local guild. And of course I'd love to make it to the next meeting, but I'll be away at the time so that's why I wanted to shoot an introduction here. 

Cheers!

Victoria

Hey Victoria, I'm Taylor the Orlando Guild President. I'm sorry it's taken a month to respond to your post, but it has been quite a busy month and this is my first time seeing it. It sounds like with a decent number of you being in the Orlando area, our guild was a good one to contact. We would love to have you at our April meeting on April 11th at 6:00pm, tentatively to be at our locan CMN office. Once we find out for sure we will give that update. We're looking to expand the guild and grow our numbers, and a group of passionate Extra Lifers like yourselves are perfect.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you're able to attend the meeting, please RSVP at the link below. Thanks, and we hope to see you soon!

Hi Taylor, that sounds perfect! I have an event Tuesday, but nothing I can't move. I'll be sure to be there and maybe even bring a few people along. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, ArnettV said:

Hi Taylor, that sounds perfect! I have an event Tuesday, but nothing I can't move. I'll be sure to be there and maybe even bring a few people along. Thanks!

Awesome, see you there!