Save Money on Games (also Steam resources) - PC Gaming - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
TheGiant

Save Money on Games (also Steam resources)

I just found this site IsThereAnyDeal.com

You can search it for a game you want, and it will show you the lowest available price, even if it's in a bundle, and if there are discount codes available. I just bought $15 worth of DLC for a game for only about $4 on GreenManGaming and that was a sale price PLUS a discount code, and they included Steam keys. You can import your wishlists from various sites as well.

Even better, there's a browser extension called Enhanced Steam

It works in Firefox, Chrome and Opera, and I can tell you that the Firefox extension also works in Waterfox. It has so many features I can't list everything here, but my favorite, is it integrates the pricing from IsThereAnyDeal.com into Steam itself, so you can see the lowest currently available price, and if a Steam key comes with it as well. I have also noticed, if a game is available in a bundle right now, it will show that on the Steam page, so you can go buy the bundle instead.

I'm always looking for useful things like this, so if anyone else knows of anything, let me know.

Edited by TheGiant
  • Like 3

It appears the Enhanced Steam server is malfunctioning at the moment, but I'm really digging IsThereAnyDeal. Just bought a game off my Steam wishlist that's normally $19.99 but GamersGate has it on sale for $5.00 and it comes with a Steam key.

This is really cool! Great find and I will definitely be using this site a lot! 

I'm always looking for good resources.  like that, last week a brand new Steam key giveaway site, Orlygift found me on Twitter, they have a new game every week, and what they do, is giveaway only so many keys an hour, the game this week is TeraBlaster is 50 keys an hour, but it's a neat way to also promote indie games, because in order to enter, you have to post a tweet or facebook post about the game, but you only have to do it once, and then you can enter as many rounds as you like.

Edited by TheGiant

I just found this site IsThereAnyDeal.com

You can search it for a game you want, and it will show you the lowest available price, even if it's in a bundle, and if there are discount codes available. I just bought $15 worth of DLC for a game for only about $4 on GreenManGaming and that was a sale price PLUS a discount code, and they included Steam keys. You can import your wishlists from various sites as well.

Even better, there's a browser extension called Enhanced Steam

It works in Firefox, Chrome and Opera, and I can tell you that the Firefox extension also works in Waterfox. It has so many features I can't list everything here, but my favorite, is it integrates the pricing from IsThereAnyDeal.com into Steam itself, so you can see the lowest currently available price, and if a Steam key comes with it as well. I have also noticed, if a game is available in a bundle right now, it will show that on the Steam page, so you can go buy the bundle instead.

I'm always looking for useful things like this, so if anyone else knows of anything, let me know.

Used this place to pick up a copy of MGSV for around $42 vs the full price on steam ($60 I think). Love this place!

You'll notice that IsThereAnyDeal will sometimes show you that the lowest current price is on a foreign site, like in Germany, thanks to sale price and exchange rate. If you're using Google Chrome I think that has translation built in, but if, like me you're using FIrefox or a Firefox fork (like Waterfox), here you go S3.Google Translator you can set it to automatically translate those sites so they're easier to navigate.

Hi everyone, Enhanced Steam's developer here.

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that Enhanced Steam will be taking part in Extra Life 2015!  Just like in 2014, we're partnering with IsThereAnyDeal.com to give away over $1,000 in games as prizes for those who donate.  Details will be coming soon to my donation page (below).  Thanks again for everyone's support.

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/enhancedsteam

• Like 2