Milwaukee-Madison Guild Welcomes You! Cream City and Madtown Unite! - Milwaukee-Madison, WI - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sgoast

Milwaukee-Madison Guild Welcomes You! Cream City and Madtown Unite!

UTv2Ae9.png

Hello Wisconsinites! Welcome to the Milwaukee-Madison guild forums! My name is Greg (sometimes referred to as Gerg and/or Greggles) and I'm the President of this here collection of awesome people. The MKE/MAD guild leadership team is excited to have you here and even more excited to have you joining us for this year's Extra Life! Last year, Extra Lifers in Wisconsin raised over $100k for our awesome hospital, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. This year, let's smash that record and do even better!

mdVbJkU.jpg

About Milwaukee/Madison

Milwaukee was incorporated in 1846 and is probably best known for beerbeerbeermore beer, and our beloved Milwaukee Brewers. (Also, beer.) A largely industrial city through most of the 20th century, Milwaukee is in the midst of a cultural rebirth, with the flourishing of districts like the third ward, our world famous art museum, and... I guess the bronze fonz? Milwaukee is the most populous city in the state and the 31st most populous city in the nation. (Take that, Albuquerque!) Our city flag is kind of hideous, but that's okay because it's got that retro charm all the hipsters in Bay View are all into now. Some famous Milwaukeeans include LiberaceBob UeckerGene Wilder, and Dan Harmon. Everything else you can probably get from the Alice Cooper scene from Wayne's World since most of us who live here have the whole monologue memorized.

Madison is the capital city of Wisconsin and is probably best known around the state as the place the really smart kids eventually go. It was also world famous a few years back for it's capitol protests, which I bring up just for the sake of historical reference and PLEASE LET'S NOT FIGHT ABOUT IT AGAIN THANKS. Some famous Madisonians include Frank Lloyd WrightChris Farley"Fightin' Bob" La Follette, and Shirley Manson of Garbage fame. (A Madison born band!) While Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley were set in Milwaukee, Madison only has The George Wendt Show, which is okay, buddy! Don't feel bad! It's also home to Ella's Deli, a kosher deli that also doubles as an enormous NIGHTMARE FACTORY. Madison's official bird is the pink plastic flamingo. (Really. The city council voted it in in 2009.)

CY3KE0V.jpg

About Our Hospital

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is the region's only independent health care system dedicated solely to the health and well-being of children. In Milwaukee and throughout the state, they provide kids and their families a wide range of care and support - everything from routine care for ear aches or sore throats to life saving advances and treatment options. Their academic partner, The Medical College of Wisconsin, brings many of the nation's most well-respected doctors to their team. Together they work to ensure that every child and family they serve receives nothing but the best.

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has been ranked among the best in the nation in every specialty included in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Children's Hospitals report.

WiHLu40.jpg

About Our Guild

President: Greg Reynolds (Sgoast)

Vice President: Ryan Kirt (ItsJustKirtis)

Secretary and Social Media Lead: Stojan Jovic (stoyFC)

This is the third year of the Milwaukee/Madison guild, and in it's short existence, it has recruited at some of the largest pop culture conventions in the state, pounded paper on Free Comic Book day, distributed promotional material to businesses across our territory, and because of this has become one of the fastest growing territories for Extra Life in the midwest. We are always looking for excited Extra Lifers to join our team and help us bring Extra Life to Cheeseheads from Bristol to Iron Mountain and anywhere between. To request to join the guild, just keep an eye open on this sub-forum for our next meeting! We hold monthly meetings and are always looking for folks of all talents to volunteer their time and talents to bringing in Extra Lifers where ever they can.

oGCNG7A.jpg

Please feel free to introduce yourself in this thread so we can all know each other and be friendly and junk! I also wanted to let you all know how appreciative our leadership team and hospital is of the work that you're doing. You are helping make lives better throughout Wisconsin, and that's pretty rad. Please let me know via PM if you have any questions and we'll do our best to answer them as quickly as possible! On Wisconsin!

Hey there. I'm Adam.  Some of you may know me on YouTube as The Quarter Guy.  I run a channel where I talk about and play video games.  My most popular videos are my countdowns, where I cover all sorts of topics.

My favorite genres are platformers, puzzles, shmups, and fighting games.  I'm also a fan of classic arcade games.

Last year, I raised over $1,500 for Extra Life.  I hope to do even better this year!

Hey @QuartrGuy, sorry for not responding out in the forums here to you yet, but we're excited to have you on board! I expect we'll be having a soft reboot meeting for the guild pretty soon, so keep your eyes peeled here and on your email! Hope to see you soon!

Hey folks.

Now that I'm officially moved back, I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Joshua, known as Novus'Olm or Crysola Tsara on gaming outlets, and I have been an Extra Life gamer for 6 years now. I was the President of the Extra Life Orlando Guild up until last week, when I had to move home here to Wisconsin for family reasons. I've been living in Florida and working for The Walt Disney Company for the past 5 years, but I'm glad to be back home.

Born and raised in Rosendale (don't speed!) and familiar with the Oshkosh/Appleton/Green Bay areas, little bit of experience with West Bend/Berlin and traveled to Milwaukee largely on business.. though I'm slowly getting to know more of the area.

I'm about an hour and a half away, but I want to do whatever I can to help you guys out. I've been keeping my eye on any opportunities to recruit/etc coming up around my area, and will of course defer to your insight/orders since this isn't my home market and I have no intentions of overstepping my boundaries.

Should note that I do play for Orlando, since that's where I have some very strong personal connections, but I will do whatever I can to assist in recruiting and maintaining a strong presence here in Wisconsin.

Please let me know what I can do to help, and I will try my best to be at the relaunch on the 26th.

• Like 1